Opinion Domestic Politics BF style

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion
Maybe ya'll could help the crime rate & the poor in some outer Adelaidey poo burbs.. I know it's not as sexy as fighting for america but I believe you guys could sort it all out in five minutes with a latte in hand.
To busy presuming I have no idea what I'd do in a 4 on 1 situation where some people wanted to cause a lot of pain and that it wouldn't be to run (it would) like they could be Paul Kersey heroes out to confront the gun wielding bullies to suit their point of view against all logic.

And to think I'm the one who gets my jollies watching old fashioned action flicks thinking that is a silly thing to do!

Death Wish 7, starring everyone from the random thoughts thread except edgie.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
His defense of Trumps threats to roll troops in and shoot people is to propose that the only other alternative is to do nothing.

that’s bizarro-world logic.
Again, I don't think that's what happened.

He asked what those critical of Trump would do instead right now to address riots and looting. Nobody had anything to say other than 'not that'.

At some point the people who believe the are superior to other people need to actually demonstrate it I reckon. It would be like if no one in this forum had an idea how we could be better at football beyond 'dont do whatever Hinkley does', which, while incredibly sound advice, isn't what happens here. People spend a lot of time detailing what exactly they would have done instead.

So, what do we do about this?

JimmyBC

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 24, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
To busy presuming I have no idea what I'd do in a 4 on 1 situation where some people wanted to cause a lot of pain and that it wouldn't be to run (it would) like they could be Paul Kersey heroes out to confront the gun wielding bullies to suit their point of view against all logic.

And to think I'm the one who gets my jollies watching old fashioned action flicks thinking that is a silly thing to do!

Death Wish 7, starring everyone from the random thoughts thread except edgie.

The whole shebang is fckd up over there it's a violent culture I don't think racism is the biggest issue it's lax gun laws, huge poor population etc. high crime rate I mean duh = trigger happy cops regardless of whether you are white, black, hispanic blah blah.

Imagine if every arsehole in Elizabeth was packing you reckon our cops wouldn't be a touch more aggressive?

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
English cops don't even pack heat. They enter almost every situation already at a potential disadvantage.

Regardless, racism is a big issue in America, but that's not our issue. It's another distraction from our own society we can't afford.

Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Again, I don't think that's what happened.

He asked what those critical of Trump would do instead right now to address riots and looting. Nobody had anything to say other than 'not that'.

At some point the people who believe the are superior to other people need to actually demonstrate it I reckon. It would be like if no one in this forum had an idea how we could be better at football beyond 'dont do whatever Hinkley does', which, while incredibly sound advice, isn't what happens here. People spend a lot of time detailing what exactly they would have done instead.

So, what do we do about this?

his literal response to criticism of what trump did was the line I’ve twice quoted “so what do nothing”

He tried to ask what people would have done later.

it’s also not necessary for people to have solutions for a horrible event to criticise trump for suggesting he will commit genocide in the middle of a horrible crisis.

Having said that there’s literally a million better ways to handle the situation better than heading to twitter and threatening genocide.

Posting a picture of a cats anus would have been less offensive than what he did.

FPPF

Premiership Player
May 9, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I'm not a trump supporter, but here's a 500 word essay defending trump 🤣

No one lies as much as trump lies. He lies very, very much. A tremendous liar.

That's probably why they added a fact check. Twitter is going to pay a heavy price? Oh no! Shut down the internet everybody!!!

"It's well established now that it was a democrat/obama admin hoax."

No it absolutely isn't, unless you live in trump land. Your posts are pathetic. At least have the balls to own the fact you love Donald dump.

Where did I defend Trump in that post?
Even if I did, which I did not, that doesn't mean I'm necessarily a supporter. I know this will be a radical thought for someone like you and shcnitzelfest, but you can agree with a specific action or comment without being a supporter of that individual. BF is a good example, Ive liked several of shxnituzmefests posts, but I don't support him. In fact I can't post what I think of him because his click mods will be upset.

GoTheMightyCrows

Bigfooty Visionary
Oct 8, 2019
Highland, Albuquerque
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
his literal response to criticism of what trump did was the line I’ve twice quoted “so what do nothing”

You know exactly what I was saying (now) but are refusing to accept it in an attempt to now save face - all I was ever asking was what other options were open and in doing that I was NOT trying to create any major issues.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FFS

No one said that. I did say it's an extremely unusual and dangerous reaction.

Would you react in a similar way? Yeah nah or nah yeah?

If only I was as tough as you and knew for sure that I'd act sensibly and rationally in a situation where a group of strangers pulled guns on me in the street.

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
If only I was as tough as you and knew for sure that I'd act sensibly and rationally in a situation where a group of strangers pulled guns on me in the street.
* sake, tough as me? I have done nothing but talked about how I'd keep running away, based on being in threatening situations previously, and you're calling me a tough guy because of it? Because you think that maybe you'd confront them, and I'd run, that I'm the tough guy?

Explain that for me please, cause I'm not getting any sense out of it.

This is what happens when black men 'just run away' in the US, by the way:

Apr 13, 2006
The Bitter End
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
This is what happens when black men 'just run away' in the US, by the way:

Edgie is white.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back