Opinion Domestic Politics BF style

Remove this Banner Ad

I like how you’re pretending that this was an isolated incident.

also I note your reference to Floyd as a suspect.

he was in no way a suspect. He was a bystander.

I was referring to trumps insistence that the guard come in and shoot people. If you decided that the guard or just general reinforcements were needed you could make it clear that people can protest freely and that policing will respect that and only deal with people who take it too far.

Can someone please help out philthy05 here cos if i correct him he will somehow refuse to accept it.

Dountful, Yankies would have torched them and we'd be bowing to the United States of Eastern Europe.

Not that there'd be much left there beyond scorched Earth.

its pretty well known that neither side was capable of neutralising even half the other sides nukes in a strike much less all of them.

there wouldn’t be a United States if the Cold War had come to that. There would be two nuclear wastelands.

Wow nice irrational leap there.. congrats welcome to the USA

Excuse me? We’re talking about riots in response to a race-based murder. If you find yourself getting more offended by the destruction of property, consciously or not you’re doing mental arithmetic which ends up with a certain amount of property exceeding the value of a human life.

I don’t personally care where you draw the line, but maybe it’s of interest to you to think about it.

Excuse me? We’re talking about riots in response to a race-based murder. If you find yourself getting more offended by the destruction of property, consciously or not you’re doing mental arithmetic which ends up with a certain amount of property exceeding the value of a human life.

I don’t personally care where you draw the line, but maybe it’s of interest to you to think about it.
You made that ridiculous assumption I just repeated rhetoric sprayed on the side of torched cop cars

Can I make a ridiculous leap and presume you want cops killed and cities burned to the ground in retaliation as it will open a magical panacea of utopian glory for all races, the poor & underprivileged?

its pretty well known that neither side was capable of neutralising even half the other sides nukes in a strike much less all of them.

there wouldn’t be a United States if the Cold War had come to that. There would be two nuclear wastelands.

Please. It were Russians that de-escalated it. America was just itching to push all the red buttons at once.

Can someone please help out philthy05 here cos if i correct him he will somehow refuse to accept it.

he was an innocent man who someone had made a phone call accusing him of passing counterfeit money.

what about swatting? The prank where people call the police on gamers and the police kick in the door and arrest them? Are they suspects or victims?

you quite clearly know that in this case Floyd was a victim, and calling him a suspect today is an attempt to justify what happened. This is what I have an issue with. He was guilty of being a large black man in public. A bystander. And we have the facts today to know that.

If someone today called the cops and told them you had drugs and they stormed in and killed your Brother, would you call him a suspect or a victim? I suspect the latter.

he was an innocent man who someone had made a phone call accusing him of passing counterfeit money.

what about swatting? The prank where people call the police on gamers and the police kick in the door and arrest them? Are they suspects or victims?

you quite clearly know that in this case Floyd was a victim, and calling him a suspect today is an attempt to justify what happened. This is what I have an issue with.

If someone today called the cops and told them you had drugs and they stormed in and killed your Brother, would you call him a suspect or a victim? I suspect the latter.

Nope, he was under arrest as a suspect but not an offender.
You can dumb it down as much as you like but he WAS A SUSPECT then sadly was murdered.

The fact that I call him a victim, and you call him a suspect, speaks volumes about who we are and how we are different.
WTF, I have called him both!!!! Where we are different is that you only read into things what you want to read.
Calling Floyd a bystander shows you just want to make things up rather than sticking to the sad known facts.

Last edited:
Bystander sounds like they've gone and murdered someone out of the blue radomly.

They had a reason they were after the victim here, not a just one, but bystander is a misrepresentation of the scenario.

Misrepresentation helps no cause.

You made that ridiculous assumption I just repeated rhetoric sprayed on the side of torched cop cars

What assumption? You and others have spent the last several pages here clutching your pearls over the riots with nary a mention of the murder*. If you are more outraged by the murder than the property destruction that has followed, you’re not doing a very good job of showing it.

* except in some cases to employ defensive, victim-blaming caveats

What assumption? You and others have spent the last several pages here clutching your pearls over the riots with nary a mention of the murder*. If you are more outraged by the murder than the property destruction that has followed, you’re not doing a very good job of showing it.

* except in some cases to employ defensive, victim-blaming caveats
Yea you are out of line my take has basically been on rioting being an unproductive solution to anything but I'm aware of where I am and I'm sure that somehow makes me a racist lacking empathy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For 3 and a half years now the president has been calling them the enemy of the people, figures

Trump 100% too blame for these arrests off the CNN crew and the firing on the press. They clearly had press coats on, they could see who they were, absolute no need to arrest them and fire upon them.

Yea you are out of line my take has basically been on rioting being an unproductive solution to anything but I'm aware of where I am and I'm sure that somehow makes me a racist lacking empathy.

That's a hell of a take. The Boston Tea Party and Stonewall say hi.

So you don't believe that it's possible for him to feel down? Or you reckon he's the only right leaning poster prone to a bit of stirring?

Not sure how you can read either of those things in anything I've said.

Why are we having special newsvreaks cutting into regular programming to report on this? It's happening a million miles away, it has zero impact on us and whilst it's a story, it isn't a huge story with world wide repercussions. Seriously WTF?

What's the regular programming on Sunday that's being cut into, considering there's no sport on? :D

Why are we having special newsvreaks cutting into regular programming to report on this? It's happening a million miles away, it has zero impact on us and whilst it's a story, it isn't a huge story with world wide repercussions. Seriously WTF?
I believe the Port Board is an American state

Not sure how you can avoid a fairly straightforward couple question.

Sorry, I lied. I am sure that you just did that. Unsurprising in fact.

Sorry I thought you might have been able to interpolate my responses fairly easily, my mistake. Here you go.

So you don't believe that it's possible for him to feel down?

I'm sure it's both possible and likely.

Or you reckon he's the only right leaning poster prone to a bit of stirring?

No...?

Sorry I thought you might have been able to interpolate my responses fairly easily, my mistake. Here you go.

I'm sure it's both possible and likely.

No...?

Nah I'm a dumb campaigner you gotta spell it out for me. Your mistake indeed. KISS principle. Now that you've managed to speak in more direct language, I'll continue.
So why is he stinking up the thread and not deserving of the empathy that everyone else is? I don't understand.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back