Opinion Domestic Politics BF style

Remove this Banner Ad

Jesus...

View attachment 930356

I always thought of Basil as merely an inconsequential dickhead, I didn’t realise he was a full bore shitcampaigner.
3. Cheaper parking and longer parking will just have more people circling for spaces and won't help.
2. The only sensible proposition of the lot.
1. Send them where? How about funding mental health for them, since there's almost no homeless without issues there. Forcing them into the inner suburbs doesn't do s**t.

No Meatloaf, can't even get to 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

Get homeless people off the streets, deregulating shopping hours and cheaper parking....What a monster.

He's talking about forcibly removing them. So, beating them up, assaulting them. Who knows it may involves killing them if the resist. Notice, there is no solution he is offering like improved mental health services, housing etc. It's a scummy solution coming from a scummy guy.

1. Send them where? How about funding mental health for them, since there's almost no homeless without issues there. Forcing them into the inner suburbs doesn't do sh*t.

No Meatloaf, can't even get to 2 out of 3 ain't bad.
A Mayor can't fund that, that's state government jurisdiction, so the only thing he/she can offer is to move them away from the shopping malls and force them to other streets or down by the Swan River at Langley Park.

A Mayor can't fund that, that's state government jurisdiction, so the only thing he/she can offer is to move them away from the shopping malls and force them to other streets or down by the Swan River at Langley Park.

No no REH, he us having them killed, it's a special quirk of the Perth Town Charter. Basil the Butcher he will soon become known.

How is he going to force them to move? He wasn't talking about offering them to move, he wants to remove them forcibly. He doesn't control the police. Is he going to hire uncountable security forces? There can be unintended consequences when the homeless fight back.

How is he going to force them to move? He wasn't talking about offering them to move, he wants to remove them forcibly. He doesn't control the police. Is he going to hire uncountable security forces? There can be unintended consequences when the homeless fight back.
I take it as bullshit political speak to sound good, but has no real idea. Much like his football commentary.

I'm no Basil fan but that's not the full context. A big part of his platform in running for Lord Mayor has been to build homeless shelters, he's suggested numerous sites and fleshed out his ideas for solving the problem in other forums.

Jesus...

View attachment 930356

I always thought of Basil as merely an inconsequential dickhead, I didn’t realise he was a full bore shitcampaigner.

Technically speaking, the homeless DO live in the city.

Those of them who beg or busk for a living also *work* there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden has chosen Sen. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.) as his running mate, he announced Tuesday.

"I’ve decided that Kamala Harris is the best person to help me take this fight to Donald Trump and Mike Pence and then to lead this nation starting in January 2021," Biden said in an email to supporters announcing his VP pick.

"These aren’t normal times. For the first time in our history, we’re facing three historic crises -- all at the same time. We’re facing the worst pandemic in 100 years. The worst economic crisis since the Great Depression. The most powerful calls for racial justice in a generation. And we have a president who has both failed to lead on the virus -- costing lives and decimating our economy -- and fanned the flames of hate and division," he continued.

"I need someone working alongside me who is smart, tough, and ready to lead. Kamala is that person."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

An exclusive Newspoll conducted for The Australians shows the federal political contest tightening between the two major parties, with Labor recovering ground to post its highest primary vote since April and levelling the political playing field with the Coalition.

The two major parties are now deadlocked 50:50 on a two-party-preferred basis, marking a four-point turnaround in Labor’s favour over the past three weeks.

People in the hard border closure states of Queensland and Western Australia were the strongest in their support for the premiers’ right to keep their states locked down.

However, Victorians who remain in stage-four lockdown were the least enthusiastic, with the lowest support for their border closure.

The loudest voices were in South Australia, with 92 per cent backing their right to refuse entry to other Australians, followed by WA on 91 per cent and Queensland on 84 per cent.

Have always wondered whether there was an unexploded bomb in a relationship between Trump and Epstein.
I suspect there is more to come, although the article pinpoints partial redemption when Trump tips Epstein out of Mar-a-Lago for hitting on the teenage daughter of a fellow guest.

Loved this bit:
"Mr Trump requested they land in Atlantic City, a request Epstein refused citing it was full of “white trash”.

In The Spider, by Barry Levine, Epstein is quoted as saying: “The girl I was with because she was French asked me, ‘What does white trash mean?’

“Donald Trump told her, ‘That would be me without the money’.”"

“We have a vaccine that’s coming. It’s ready. It’s going to be announced within weeks. And it’s going to be delivered.

“We’re rounding the turn, we’re rounding the corner. It’s going away.”

Imagine saying the coronavirus is going away on the same day that you have the highest daily increase in new infections and nearly a quarter of a million dead

Dump's brain is mashed potato and it's going to be interesting what happens when they have to drag him out of the Whitehouse, probably by force.

If you want a detailed summary of incidents that demand an open transparent ICAC then sit yourself down and peruse this train wreck. You can sort by LNP, Labor, cash rorts, acts of deception.....:

My partner is watching trumps phone in interview on fox and friends and it’s a trainwreck

I’m zoning in and out but I’ve caught some amazing stuff

was a great line when he said we need to get children back to work..

apparently he had the best economy ever last year, he has a vaccine for Covid, space force is a wild success

Remove this Banner Ad

Back