Opinion Domestic Politics BF style

Remove this Banner Ad

Chunks of ice the size of Manhattan are falling into the sea and we care about some old church

You're talking about one of the greatest achievements in architecture that the world has ever known - an enduring symbol of not only Paris, but of France itself, that is over 700 years old, with stained glass windows that date back to the 13th century. It is more than just 'some old church'...the fact that it's a church is irrelevant. It has seen the coronation of Napoleon and survived occupation from Nazi Germany.

It isn't a building, it's a work of art. If you can't show any sadness for the razing of such a structure, your heart is also a chunk of ice the size of Manhattan, IMO.

You're talking about one of the greatest achievements in architecture that the world has ever known - an enduring symbol of not only Paris, but of France itself, that is over 700 years old, with stained glass windows that date back to the 13th century. It is more than just 'some old church'...the fact that it's a church is irrelevant. It has seen the coronation of Napoleon and survived occupation from Nazi Germany.

It isn't a building, it's a work of art. If you can't show any sadness for the razing of such a structure, your heart is also a chunk of ice the size of Manhattan, IMO.

They should knock it down and build some apartment blocks for North African immigrants

Yeah it’s a little bit sad that capitalists couldn’t be bothered spending the money to maintain it. A bit more sad that they’re upset about that rather than widespread homelessness and poverty, the sharp rise of fascism, and the seemingly inevitable climate catastrophe that will absolutely decimate those not wealthy enough to move to a Manhattan surrounded by sea walls.

Sorry but I just don’t have time to feel sad for a building in between being heartbroken every day by stories of the destitute being abandoned (often to their literal deaths) by the wealthy and powerful IN THIS COUNTRY.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love to come home after a dozen pints and make bomber mad at my political opinions

I don't think I've ever got mad at your political opinions.

I mainly laugh.

I don't think I've ever got mad at your political opinions.

I mainly laugh.

He wants more money from rich people to buy more Melbourne bitter and drop out of more uni courses after the census date.

Fuelling the economy m8

He wants more money from rich people to buy more Melbourne bitter and drop out of more uni courses after the census date.

You can't talk. As a boomer, you went to uni for free.

You can't talk. As a boomer, you went to uni for free.

Then why am I paying 450 in HECS a fortnight? I got ripped off what the *.

Oh well, atleast I'm paying for a service I was provided. Poorly, but provided regardless.

Boomers really did have such an easy ride. We should deduct the current day cost of those free degrees from their super and put the money back into community projects like vegetarian burger joints and sake micro-breweries.

Don’t forget free neck tattoos for the unemployed.

Those young excited to be involved twats on all sides at polling booths are enough to make me projectile vomit... stick ya pamphlets up yo ass you deluded unimportant future alcoholics.

Boomers really did have such an easy ride. We should deduct the current day cost of those free degrees from their super and put the money back into community projects like vegetarian burger joints and sake micro-breweries.
If you knew some of the super schemes they are on such as an old teacher one that gives them 70% of their salaries for life indexed. They didn’t contribute a cent personally but they can retire on roughly $70,000 pa for the rest of their life (but rising with every current pay rise) and even in death their families get a percentage of it.
Yes I’m angry. It is unsustainable

Remove this Banner Ad

Back