Opinion Domestic Politics BF style

Remove this Banner Ad

Dunno how it works in the US but in South Australia you can be convicted of murder for being 'recklessly indifferent' to causing death. Whether Chauvin intentionally killed Floyd, only one person knows for sure, but he sure as s**t was recklessly indifferent to keeping him alive.

Dunno how it works in the US but in South Australia you can be convicted of murder for being 'recklessly indifferent' to causing death. Whether Chauvin intentionally killed Floyd, only one person knows for sure, but he sure as sh*t was recklessly indifferent to keeping him alive.
Second-Degree Murder in Minnesota means killing someone while committing a felony. The prosecution in this case successfully argued that the excessive force classified as a felony. At least that's what I've read.

Dunno how it works in the US but in South Australia you can be convicted of murder for being 'recklessly indifferent' to causing death. Whether Chauvin intentionally killed Floyd, only one person knows for sure, but he sure as sh*t was recklessly indifferent to keeping him alive.

have i watched too many movies or does pre-meditation come into it? is that the whole first degree, second degree thing?

it's interesting that pre-meditated is seen as much worse and deserving of a larger penalty, versus an "impulse" killing. you could say that someone who can't control their impulses is more likely to do it again. whereas maybe if someone pre-meditated a revenge killing or something against say, the drunk driver that killed their wife... is probably not gonna do it again.

none of this is really relevant to this case, i don't think it was pre meditated, but it was definitely murder.

have i watched too many movies or does pre-meditation come into it? is that the whole first degree, second degree thing?

As far as I'm aware there's no such offence as 'first-degree murder', 'second-degree murder' etc in SA, it's all just murder or manslaughter here (although obviously the circumstances could be taking into account in sentencing). The US definitely has all that stuff though. I think you're right when you say that over there first degree murder requires pre-meditation.

I don't think Chauvin was convicted of first degree murder though. Nor should he have been. What he did was terrible enough to put him away for a long time on its merits without going too hard and giving him grounds for appeal.

Just what exactly is Morrison laying his hands on? Suspect it is below his waist.

"I’ve been in evacuation centres where people thought I was just giving someone a hug and I was praying, and putting my hands on people … laying hands on them and praying in various situations,” he says, referring to a visit to Kalbarri in the Pilbara in the wake of Cyclone Seroja."

I hate this stuff:

Who owns the land where ⁦
ScottMorrison MP
⁩ plans to build a gas-fired generator?
Jeff McCloy
NSW ICAC found he made covert donations to the Liberal Party
--------
Laming and Christensen have both announced they won’t be running at the next election, but have asked their branches to refuse their “nominations” so they can each receive $100,000 when they exit parliament.
-------
Bridgette Joyce, daughter of Barnaby, is drawing a “senior advisor” salary at the age of 22 in John "Pork" Barillaro’s office.

I hate this stuff:

Who owns the land where ⁦
ScottMorrison MP
⁩ plans to build a gas-fired generator?
Jeff McCloy
NSW ICAC found he made covert donations to the Liberal Party
--------
Laming and Christensen have both announced they won’t be running at the next election, but have asked their branches to refuse their “nominations” so they can each receive $100,000 when they exit parliament.
-------
Bridgette Joyce, daughter of Barnaby, is drawing a “senior advisor” salary at the age of 22 in John "Pork" Barillaro’s office.

The sense of entitlement on these campaigners is ridiculous. We need a federal ICAC to stamp this s**t out. These people have no ethics

Scandalous as it is there are some facts reported in this article re Christian Porter.

"Thursday 5pm 6/5/21: As predicted Christian Porter has filed a Notice of Motion to have part of the ABC’s defence suppressed. (Click here to see the Notice of Motion) The Notice of Motion has not been heard yet"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When compared to many of the US states the penalties for serious crimes in this country are ridiculously light, eg a case I saw on tv recently where a bloke got 2 life terms for murdering his wife and her mother, and he was released after serving only 8 years. o_O

In a not too dissimilar, and reasonably recent case in one of the yank states that doesn't have the ultimate penalty, the perpetrator got 2 life terms plus 50 years, ie he aint getting out ever!

Then we have that f***wit Pusey, who with time already served either has been released already or is very close to being released.
Surely the karma bus will eventually hit him, and if/when it does it won't surprise me greatly if it by his own hand.

The next big test for yank justice will of course be how big the penalties are for those heavily involved in the riot during the last days of the orange bloke with the cat on his head, personally I hope they are severe.

When compared to many of the US states the penalties for serious crimes in this country are ridiculously light, eg a case I saw on tv recently where a bloke got 2 life terms for murdering his wife and her mother, and he was released after serving only 8 years. o_O

In a not too dissimilar, and reasonably recent case in one of the yank states that doesn't have the ultimate penalty, the perpetrator got 2 life terms plus 50 years, ie he aint getting out ever!

Then we have that f***wit Pusey, who with time already served either has been released already or is very close to being released.
Surely the karma bus will eventually hit him, and if/when it does it won't surprise me greatly if it by his own hand.

The next big test for yank justice will of course be how big the penalties are for those heavily involved in the riot during the last days of the orange bloke with the cat on his head, personally I hope they are severe.

Execution is the penalty for treason isn't it?

Is it a forlorn hope that an alternative government/leader might do better than this?:

if the alternative is a labor government then yea hopeless

that article is pretty annoying, its not subversive to point out uncritically how ACKTUALLY labor support israel’s ethnic cleansing as well like it makes morrison look bad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back