Opinion Politics (warning, may contain political views you disagree with)

Remove this Banner Ad

But that means there’s effectively no tax paid on the income that goes from the company to someone who pays no tax since the refund is the amount the company has already paid

That’s not fair to the rest of society who pay tax on their earnings towards government services etc and different to the maccas kid who is actually working to earn their money

Official Buddy of The Cam 2020
Only if they fall under the tax free threshold that everyone gets

Seriously don't understand the opposition to removing cash refunds for excess franking credits.

Double taxation will still be avoided.

And if people are really that needy they can access welfare like everyone else.

366cac2157dc9a0bd11696b71691d5e1

Agreed - I haven’t been a fan of his, or actually thought much one way or the other but he has done well from what I’ve seen during this strange time.
Know someone in management at WA miner, they said he has been excellent to deal with sorting out issues with running things during the virus outback.

I just wanted to say this does not represent my country. I sincerely apologize to this news crew. Trump is NOT my president and does nothing but spew hate and far right xenophobic remarks. Sadly, America lacks the national leadership to move the county forward past the killing of George Floyd and other black men and women at the hands of law enforcement.

What a sad day in America that this has to happen. I am embarrassed. It will be a long night for law enforcement across the county as they try to handle the riots that will likely increase due to the irresponsible decision of our president to basically invoke Marshal Law.

To my Aussie footy friends, don’t judge all Americans by the foolishness and ignorance of a few. November election is fast approaching.

Ben Siegel (@benyc) Tweeted:
Police outside the WH just repeatedly bashed a cameraman as they pushed back protestors - just now on @ABC7News https://t.co/XyE2sI6I3v

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:
Trump is a lunatic, the heavier it gets the worse he behaves.
He's a nutter

He only has one objective: re-election. He knows by November the riots will be over and he'll take credit for returning law and order. If that manages to fool the people into re-electing him, who are the real nutters?

Trump doubles down when faced with opposition.
Always has, always will.
The fact that he lectures people on behaviour, just encapsulates the hypocrisy!
He's a Dictator, who communicates bile

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To jump on the Trump train

I truly dont understand how anyone can listen to him for more than 1 minute and think, yes, this is the man I want to lead my country. This is the main I idolise.

I get if you associate with right wing policies ( I consider myself quite central) but I dont understand how you can idolise someone who sounds like he lost half his brain at some point

To jump on the Trump train

I truly dont understand how anyone can listen to him for more than 1 minute and think, yes, this is the man I want to lead my country. This is the main I idolise.

I get if you associate with right wing policies ( I consider myself quite central) but I dont understand how you can idolise someone who sounds like he lost half his brain at some point

It’s baffling. But it is the USA after all and after years of having a silver tongue who sounded great but did SFA Other than talk, I guess the yanks wanted something different.

Trump is a lunatic, the heavier it gets the worse he behaves.
He's a nutter

Trump is to the right of idiot !!!!!. How the F did he get past the party selection process !!!.

On the other hand, who do they have to take over ?. Lack of leaders is what I see.

Tearing down everything Obama started to build, especially diplomacy.

The most insular people in the world, all they see, hear and know is themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Agree.

Compare the British & USAers. The Brits will openly tell you all their faults, the USAers think they are world leaders and everyone should love them for what they do.

The riots will end early when the second wave of Covid hits when we start having real conversations about why black men are shot while innocently jogging in their own neighborhoods, shot and killed or mamed or injured because the cop felt "threatened", why black men are scared to wear covid masks to the stores, and why too many law enforcement are not properly trained to handle these situations.

EFA. I wasn't going to respond to the responses to my post, but I can't let this go. This short term thinking is exactly how Trumpers think and how distraction from the real issue is the modus operandi. Stop the riots and you've stopped the problem, right?

Here are some facts about Minneapolis you won't hear on Fake (Fox) News:
Poverty rate: White 7%, Black 32% (biggest gap in the country)
Home ownership: White 76%, Black 24%
Unemployment: White 3%, Black 8% (this was before covid)
More info here: https://www.startribune.com/how-did...e-most-racially-inequitable-states/547537761/

No, the riots will NOT stop when the second wave of covid hits. The riots will stop when we look directly at the problem, no matter how much it hurts, and work on solutions together.

holybishop, I don't know if you are really a bishop, but in case you want to hear what a the very real Bishop Marianne Budde, who oversees St. John's Episcopal Church, thinks of Trump's use of a Bible and her church as a prop after he tear gassed peaceful protesters so he could walk and take his photo op. Spoiler alert: She wasn't too happy.

To all, let's not clog this thread up with this garbage. If you want to continue this, please PM me, especially you holybishop :) After watching that Aussie cameraman get punched in the face and gut and reading how both were also hit with rubber bullets, I wanted to reach out to this community to let you know this does not represent all of America.

Agree.

Compare the British & USAers. The Brits will openly tell you all their faults, the USAers think they are world leaders and everyone should love them for what they do.
Having lived in London for a couple of years & spending some time in the USA, I would much rather spend time with Americans than Brits in general, but the current situation over there with the orange marshmallow running the show has me questioning just how much they really care about how their country is run

On CPH1920 using BigFooty.com mobile app

The riots aren’t about race or equality, they’re extreme left vs extreme right with a fair chunk of dumb thugs and criminal lowlifes involved. Hopefully they wipe each other out.

Complete anarchy for the sake of it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back