Opinion Politics (warning, may contain political views you disagree with)

Remove this Banner Ad

mightymouse75

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Wimbledon AFC
Just because there has not yet been a ruling doesn't mean they have not been violating the constitution.

The key point here is that WA could very easily argue that it's in the public interest to close the border to Victorians for obvious reasons. It's a much more difficult case to argue that the WA/SA border should be closed. There's no community transmission in SA either, so how is keeping that border closed in "the public interest"?
Sa, nt, tas & wa would have to bring all their rules into line or you would have holes in your plans.
Labor & liberal sitting down to sing kumbiya? Yeah sure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bicco

Premiership Player
Jun 23, 2013
Hobart
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle, Socceroos
Is it time to start letting in professionals that want to come home, providing they quarantine of course & overseas uni students with extended visas into our covid free utopia?? Kick start the economy or do we play the boring card & play it extra extra safe like wa always dose. If we did it properly & migrants were prepared to pay for their quarantine we could make it happen in a safe way.
Would be interesting to see what people are willing to pay. A quick guess calculation @$250 for a room per day plus meals, plus security Plus testing would be $5000+ for an individual for 14 days quarantine.

Bicco

Premiership Player
Jun 23, 2013
Hobart
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle, Socceroos
It was at about 2.5K and 3K for a couple - a few weeks ago.
That’s about right for a room. If meals are included then that’s actually pretty cheap. 3 x meals a day for two people for 2 weeks would be at least $100 per day each. My response though was to a comment on migrants coming in, I’m assuming with no reason to come in other than they want to. I doubt the government and the electorate would be willing to pay any costs associated with bringing them in and allowing 2 weeks of quarantine. They should bare all costs associated with their arrival IMO.

Belnakor

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 10, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
The Libs would be lucky to regain any lost ground in next year's state election.
depends on if there is an outbreak here at any point, or if people finally realize that closing the border has had some disastrous impacts on our economy.

I could see the liberals losing another seat maybe two but aside from Dawsville which is on like 0.5%, the rest of the seats are 3%-4%. Can't see that happening.

masai

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 18, 2002
A bay at Rotto
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Rottnest
The Libs would be lucky to regain any lost ground in next year's state election.
State Libs are floundering around, gained no ground pre Covid, disappeared more during Covid.

Fed Libs from WA, have not gained any ground pre Covid ( status quo ), have lost public points during Covid. I’m amazed with Porters two faced stance, now in fast retreat.

mightymouse75

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Wimbledon AFC
Would be interesting to see what people are willing to pay. A quick guess calculation @$250 for a room per day plus meals, plus security Plus testing would be $5000+ for an individual for 14 days quarantine.
Rich parents or employers could pay.

Joao

Brownlow Medallist
May 2, 2017
QLD
AFL Club
Fremantle
This is selfish on my part because I don't live there but if Basil is mayor then I should hear his voice less. That is appealing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Top Bottom