Opinion Politics (warning, may contain political views you disagree with)

Remove this Banner Ad

Snuffaluphagus

Sep 10, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Team

After a good suggestion, we’ve decided to move all non-AFL threads to the old and dusty “Purple Horde” sub thread. The hope is it has the following effects
A) Keeps them easily available but still out of sight
B) Encourages the use of the sub-forums like they are meant to be used for and brings a bit more organisation to the forum
C) While I love how passionate everyone is on the topics and that there is terrific debate on the topics, moderating the politics thread can get... tiresome. I’ll be letting things go a bit more, however personal attacks will not be tolerated and I encourage you to report them in any shape or form.

I fully realise this will mean you now have to click a whole extra button to get to where you want to be and will take an adjustment but we fully believe it will be better in the long run.

As usual, reach out to BeinPurplenGreen, myself and Tonga Bob to discuss anything as needed. Thanks for making the forum what it is.

Last edited:

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
I thought they had a group table somewhere
Yeah I know the phases (ie groupings) - which seem to make sense. I just haven't seen what estimated timelines they have for each phase to start and finish. I thought they'd have released that by now as they'd surely have some idea?

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Wait, were the allegations about Birmingham? I was of the impression they were about someone in the NSW Libs.
Yeah there was some misinformation doing the rounds earlier - the woman died in SA but the incident happened in NSW. Focus appears to have shifted to Paul Fletcher or Angus Taylor from NSW - but people are just guessing. I'm sure it will be revealed some time in the coming days.

Van_Dyke

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 7, 2015
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chelsea, Glory, Warriors, NOLA,
Yes. If the allegations are about him then he would have been 14 at the time of the alleged assault.
and 12 when they first met
Yeah there was some misinformation doing the rounds earlier - the woman died in SA but the incident happened in NSW.
from what I’ve read seems like she lived (and first met the alleged man) in Adelaide, with the incident occurring 2 years later in NSW
Wait, were the allegations about Birmingham? I was of the impression they were about someone in the NSW Libs.
haven’t seen anything that suggests it’s necessarily a NSW lib

holybishop

Club Legend
Oct 9, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
GC Suns, Western Warriors/Scorchers
Porter is speculated because he travelled to Sydney in 1988 as part of a debating team.

The whole speculation of who it is is tainting the Government/Cabinet as a whole. Whoever it is should front the media, admit that they're the accused while denying the allegation. Given she is dead the chances of a prosecution is practically nil. If Bill Shorten can survive the same allegation then so will this person.

Remove this Banner Ad