Opinion Politics (warning, may contain political views you disagree with)

Apr 26, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Wimbledon AFC
Just because there has not yet been a ruling doesn't mean they have not been violating the constitution.

The key point here is that WA could very easily argue that it's in the public interest to close the border to Victorians for obvious reasons. It's a much more difficult case to argue that the WA/SA border should be closed. There's no community transmission in SA either, so how is keeping that border closed in "the public interest"?
Sa, nt, tas & wa would have to bring all their rules into line or you would have holes in your plans.
Labor & liberal sitting down to sing kumbiya? Yeah sure.

Reynolds Number

Cancelled
Apr 29, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Stoke City, Dortmund, San José, As
The Libs would be lucky to regain any lost ground in next year's state election.

Bicco

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 23, 2013
Hobart
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle, Socceroos
Is it time to start letting in professionals that want to come home, providing they quarantine of course & overseas uni students with extended visas into our covid free utopia?? Kick start the economy or do we play the boring card & play it extra extra safe like wa always dose. If we did it properly & migrants were prepared to pay for their quarantine we could make it happen in a safe way.
Would be interesting to see what people are willing to pay. A quick guess calculation @$250 for a room per day plus meals, plus security Plus testing would be $5000+ for an individual for 14 days quarantine.

Bicco

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 23, 2013
Hobart
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle, Socceroos
It was at about 2.5K and 3K for a couple - a few weeks ago.
That’s about right for a room. If meals are included then that’s actually pretty cheap. 3 x meals a day for two people for 2 weeks would be at least $100 per day each. My response though was to a comment on migrants coming in, I’m assuming with no reason to come in other than they want to. I doubt the government and the electorate would be willing to pay any costs associated with bringing them in and allowing 2 weeks of quarantine. They should bare all costs associated with their arrival IMO.

Belnakor

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 10, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
The Libs would be lucky to regain any lost ground in next year's state election.

depends on if there is an outbreak here at any point, or if people finally realize that closing the border has had some disastrous impacts on our economy.

I could see the liberals losing another seat maybe two but aside from Dawsville which is on like 0.5%, the rest of the seats are 3%-4%. Can't see that happening.

Jan 18, 2002
A bay at Rotto
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Rottnest

State Libs are floundering around, gained no ground pre Covid, disappeared more during Covid.

Fed Libs from WA, have not gained any ground pre Covid ( status quo ), have lost public points during Covid. I’m amazed with Porters two faced stance, now in fast retreat.

holybishop

Premiership Player
Oct 9, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
GC Suns, Western Warriors/Scorchers
119440143_146876447095077_3991724821599696704_o.jpg

Son Son pls

freo1997

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 6, 2011
munster
AFL Club
Fremantle
This was the year to have a third party on that stage. Trump and Biden are so unlikable.

I reckon someone like Jesse Ventura who is a former Governor, Mayor, Navy Seal, Actor, Wrestler, University Lecturer, Tv presenter, body guard of the Rolling Stones..would of killed them. Or any other well known candidate who's willing to run on a third party platform.

A third party entity would bring both party' together and their supporters.

No matter the result of this election, the polarization will continue and the possibility of a civil war in the future.

Apr 26, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Wimbledon AFC
This was the year to have a third party on that stage. Trump and Biden are so unlikable.

I reckon someone like Jesse Ventura who is a former Governor, Mayor, Navy Seal, Actor, Wrestler, University Lecturer, Tv presenter, body guard of the Rolling Stones..would of killed them. Or any other well known candidate who's willing to run on a third party platform.

A third party entity would bring both party' together and their supporters.

No matter the result of this election, the polarization will continue and the possibility of a civil war in the future.
Jesse is a conspiracy theory nut isn't he ?
Can't be any worse than trump

Back