Opinion Politics (warning, may contain political views you disagree with)

Spitty_the_alpaca

Club Legend
Jul 7, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
You must be stoked that the Premier did everything possible to keep COVID out of the state given the staffing levels in the hospitals are so dire.

Disappointed Kerry Stokes and 7 west media buried the most important story through out the election.

1617791741020.png

Bicco

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 23, 2013
Hobart
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle, Socceroos
I
Disappointed Kerry Stokes and 7 west media buried the most important story through out the election.

View attachment 1096506
Your COVID view is that it's a non event, blown out of proportion/hoax etc. Millions die around the world and you couldn't care less. Now someone has died in a hospital and it's the elections biggest issue?

Spitty_the_alpaca

Club Legend
Jul 7, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
I

Your COVID view is that it's a non event, blown out of proportion/hoax etc. Millions die around the world and you couldn't care less. Now someone has died in a hospital and it's the elections biggest issue?
Get under your doona and stay there, I'm living the life.

Quentin Quokka

What a quokka sh#t!
Apr 15, 2021
AFL Club
Fremantle
I agree. It’s easy to get on social media and join the chorus of outrage but wouldn’t it be more productive to look in your garbage bin and see what you could be diverting from landfill. Get to know your work colleagues and see if you can car pool or even better start catching public transport or riding a push bike to work. Sell your second car, your boat, your motor cycle. These fires may well be a result of the ‘big picture’ in Australia but that picture is made up of 20 million smaller stories about individuals and corporations’ habits and processes.
How many people know that Waste decomposing at landfill produces methane, a gas 25 times more destructive than carbon?
I’d implore everyone to have a look at their own small picture before jumping on social media and expecting the government to fix the big picture for us. Because when all the mining and resource companies get run out of town and we go into a devastating economic recession, I expect the same chorus of voices will cry poor at the governments failure to protect our standard of living. It’s the era we live in, the era of outrage and entitlement, and it is fundamentally at odds with the future of our planet.
Biggie!!! How the f##k are you? GO FREO!!!

Square Peg

Cancelled
Fremantle Poster of the Year Fremantle Board Tipping Champion
Jul 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Ben Wyatt should be a docker not a ******* eagle

Square Peg

Cancelled
Fremantle Poster of the Year Fremantle Board Tipping Champion
Jul 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
He's a mad Perth Demons supporter more than anything. But yes I agree. McGowan is Freo though.
I couldn't care less we have McGowan. Ben Wyatt >>>>>> McGowan.

Bicco

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 23, 2013
Hobart
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
What the hell is wrong with this Liberal Federal government? They have the diplomacy of a punch to the face. I think most Australians would agree with not supporting the Chinese BRI, but just do nothing. Instead they make a public song and dance about tearing up agreements, the only outcome is to pi55 the Chinese off who they’ve already pi55ed off 12 months ago. From stuffing up the response to the bush fires, pi55ing off the Chinese twice, not having a clue to handle rape allegations to completely dropping the ball on vaccine rollout. The only good thing they’ve done is the job keeper and that’s a Labor policy. All the COVID successes have been due to state governments. I never thought we needed state government but I’m wrong. This Liberal government doesn’t have a clue.

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
What the hell is wrong with this Liberal Federal government? They have the diplomacy of a punch to the face. I think most Australians would agree with not supporting the Chinese BRI, but just do nothing. Instead they make a public song and dance about tearing up agreements, the only outcome is to pi55 the Chinese off who they’ve already pi55ed off 12 months ago. From stuffing up the response to the bush fires, pi55ing off the Chinese twice, not having a clue to handle rape allegations to completely dropping the ball on vaccine rollout. The only good thing they’ve done is the job keeper and that’s a Labor policy. All the COVID successes have been due to state governments. I never thought we needed state government but I’m wrong. This Liberal government doesn’t have a clue.
The vultures are circling Bicco. Frydenberg sees the writing on the wall and has started his play for the leadership.

Bicco

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 23, 2013
Hobart
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
So where’s all the folk championing NSW /Gladys (I didn’t know anything) berklijan “gold standard tracing” now???

liberals have NFI
I've think we have to give credit where it's due, the NSW govt. has actually given some good perspective on how to and how not to handle this. Somewhere between what they've done and other states do is the right path for all of us.
How we don't have designated quarantine centres and all limo drivers immunised is beyond me. Some of the mistakes being made now seem so rudimentary given the virus has been around for 12 months.

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
ScoMo and his little band of morons are ******* useless pieces of s**t - that's why we are currently in a 4 day ******* lockdown. Dead last of OECD countries for vaccine roll-out. Those pretending we'd be taking vaccines away from more needy countries are as per usual just trying to spin any story to make up for the continual *-ups instigated by the current fed govt.

Please everyone vote these idiots out so we can have at least a semi-competent government that will do something other than nothing. Albo is no more inspiring than Biden was but at least everything wouldn't turn to s**t like literally everything our current PM touches.

Jan 14, 2008
AFL Club
Fremantle
In virus infections and deaths?

Where's the need?

Being ahead in vaccinations would mean we wouldn't have borders closed and Fremantle wouldn't be travelling to a Vic hub and playing a home game in Geelong.
Maybe overseas travel would be on the cards instead of Australia being a stuffing prison.
No matter how you look at it the feds have stuffed the vaccine rollout and quarantine facilities.

Being ahead in vaccinations would mean we wouldn't have borders closed and Fremantle wouldn't be travelling to a Vic hub and playing a home game in Geelong.
Maybe overseas travel would be on the cards instead of Australia being a stuffing prison.
No matter how you look at it the feds have stuffed the vaccine rollout and quarantine facilities.

Do you believe the WA hospitals at almost max capacity are able to handle even a few covid cases that will come with open borders and vaccinations?

If we didn't leave the door open to people returning from overseas we wouldn't have any covid in Australia at all. They should block all returns until Australia can handle it.

The level of cases in nations being lauded for their vaccine distribution both currently and in the past would have everyone in Australia handcuffed to their beds for their safety in mad panic.

gotterdamerung

Team Captain
May 2, 2021
AFL Club
Fremantle
UK are ahead of most of the world in vaccinations and they’re still denied the ability to travel to various European countries.

it’s been 18 months since Australia closed its borders to China and the strategy is still the same, close borders, lockdown, with no other mitigating strategies. It has nothing to do with how many people are vaccinated and everything to do with politicians lacking the ability to assume risk.
Federal Labour has had no input , Albanese was not included in the federal cabinet.
Pretty hard to lay any blame on federal Labour.
Morrison made it one party, one man. On the rollout and quarantine mess it's down to the LNP.
Part of the initial reason for lockdowns was to not overwhelm hospitals, make sure there were enough ventilators. Why no spare capacity built in the following 18 months? Meanwhile that rationale has gone by the wayside, replaced by an argument that even one covid case is a failure, and a death a catastrophe. What other virus is treated this way?

Purple_Turtle

Stockholm Syndrome
Oct 12, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
South Fremantle, Hull City
ScoMo and his little band of morons are ******* useless pieces of sh*t - that's why we are currently in a 4 day ******* lockdown. Dead last of OECD countries for vaccine roll-out. Those pretending we'd be taking vaccines away from more needy countries are as per usual just trying to spin any story to make up for the continual fu**-ups instigated by the current fed govt.

Please everyone vote these idiots out so we can have at least a semi-competent government that will do something other than nothing. Albo is no more inspiring than Biden was but at least everything wouldn't turn to sh*t like literally everything our current PM touches.

Bit of a melt mate.

The delay in getting the vaccine over because our health bureacracy are special children who won't approve things they have independently verified was garbage. So was the failure to provide an incentive to vaccinate because we didn't have community Covid cases or afford any priveleges to vaccinated people (even if you're vaccinated right now you're still locked down with the rest of us.)

But you won't believe how many people I've called in the last two weeks in vulnerable age brackets who won't vaccinate over the minuscule risk of blood clots. The nation as a whole, including the people who voted in "ScoMo and his little band of morons" as well as Mark McGowan have been happy to accept border closures and lockdowns to eliminate Covid rather than actually push the Federal government to have a plan to live with Covid, and the Federal Government's really just been going along with that.

Just finally as well, but Albo doesn't change our shitty health bureaucracy and I doubt he makes those old bastards want to get vaccinated. And given as a nation we've actually handled Covid well for the most part (less deaths, less of an economic impact) there's a lot of recency bias calling for ScoMo to get kicked out.

Jan 14, 2008
AFL Club
Fremantle
Do you believe the WA hospitals at almost max capacity are able to handle even a few covid cases that will come with open borders and vaccinations?

If we didn't leave the door open to people returning from overseas we wouldn't have any covid in Australia at all. They should block all returns until Australia can handle it.

The level of cases in nations being lauded for their vaccine distribution both currently and in the past would have everyone in Australia handcuffed to their beds for their safety in mad panic.

So you are of the opinion that even with being vaccinated you will end up in hospital with Covid.
If that's the case why bother with spending billions on vaccination.
No one has said being vaccinated will stop you getting covid but it will negate the symptoms and keep you out of hospital,.That's the plan isn't it.
Otherwise it's prison Australia.

there's a lot of recency bias calling for ScoMo to get kicked out.

Cynically I think this is because Victoria is going to be a big deal in the Federal Election and Anthony Albanese for all the nice guy he is doesn't match up well in a one on one personality wise to Scott Morrison. Victoria has had the worse fortune with covid from their handling of their hotel system.

That's a vulnerability in the federal election. Everyone who wants to punish the ALP for their handing of their hotel system will be encouraged to do that at the federal election.

So to head that off the language has changed to reminding everyone that hotel quarantine should be a federal responsibility and it should also be Morrison's fault directly. Go after Morrison to bring him down to Albanese and divert responsibility from the group who wanted control of their hotel system and then stuffed it up leading to 700+ deaths.

You could see the moment the party messaging was sent out too. "Federal responsibility" Which I liken to your teenager blaming you for letting them take your car out when they said they could be trusted with it and ended up crashing it.

Fact of the matter is that we do need a federal system of quarantine and the states wanted to control it in the meantime because it was an easy political win. Now it's looking ugly and the flawed system is breaking, it's someone else's responsibility.

Personally, I think if we can disrupt the millions of people in Australia then we can disrupt the significantly smaller number who aren't here and close the door until it's all under control worldwide.

So you are of the opinion that even with being vaccinated you will end up in hospital with Covid.
If that's the case why bother with spending billions on vaccination.
No one has said being vaccinated will stop you getting covid but it will negate the symptoms and keep you out of hospital,.That's the plan isn't it.
Otherwise it's prison Australia.

We still have a culture that dying from covid is preventable so every covid death is someone's fault in government. We will have people dying of covid even if everyone is vaccinated.

I'm of the opinion that the people who have always been at risk of this will still be at risk of it and need hospital care, we haven't improved hospital capabilities in the year so far to handle it - we can't handle our current demands on the system.

We are spending billions on vaccinating people with the hope that it will blunt covid down to being another endemic cold/flu season virus - and people die of those all the time.

As I said. We need to have a culture change on it. Most people already didn't need hospital care from covid before a vaccine.

Back