Opinion Politics (warning, may contain political views you disagree with)

Remove this Banner Ad

ScoMo will be going on an Australian style Trump campaign based on stupidity and over exaggeration. He knows to win votes you treat people to their basics- rights, freedom. All liberal manifestation.
Never mind he’s been in control whilst a staff is accused of rape, his Deputy PM still has a job as paid by taxpayers whilst having an affair with a colleague as well as divorce. Not to mention Christian Porter.
Australia will, despite all this, get so emotionally charged over simple things like a vaccination that they’re going to also forget about the Hawaii getaway while NSW was burning, and vote him back in

Any thoughts on green hydrogen for energy production and storage?

It seems like it could be a promising alternative to traditional batteries.
It's fine but not good for cars (maybe long haul transport). It's actually not that 'green' either depending on how it's produced.
The feds are spruiking Toyota hydrogen cars because they have nothing else and they know it's not going to go anywhere compared to EVs.

Hydrogen works easier within our current infrastructure for energy distribution. We burn things to boil water, hydrogen burns, power production can happen at the same place the transmission lines currently run to.

Surplus power generated into the grid by solar can be used for electrolysis to produce more hydrogen to burn when the sun isn't available.

It also stores a lot better and cheaper than batteries. I'm not sure there is much difference in regards to safety when we are talking about the volumes of energy being stored since lithium batteries go up like the doorway to hell opening, hydrogen obviously reacts violently to oxygen and ignition.

I don't see hydrogen as a fuel for cars being particularly valuable but as the means by which we store energy from bulk green generation and even export that power in a stable fashion it's absolutely worthwhile.

Burning hydrogen in the controlled sort of environment that a power plant would be in produces energy and water.

I don't know what we will do with the bulk oxygen produced by the solar farms making hydrogen though.

Well that’s easy, the extra oxygen can go into hyperbaric oxygen therapy tanks for all.
We can sleep in them at night and all live till 110 still looking pretty !
Solved

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

More likely it'll be converted to ammonia on site then distributed and burned as ammonia*. Hydrogen is super tricky to transport both technically and cost effectively. I can see some role for direct combustion of hydrogen but only where the demand for the power is proximate to the source of production, whether from local industry or proximity to a HVDC (or AC I suppose) interconnector. In general this is not the case, both in terms of electricity demand and the existing HV(AC) transmission network.

The Pilbara / Mid West Mining industry is good candidate for direct hydrogen combusting power plants as its next to prospective green hydrogen producing areas and has flat** (and obviously high) electricity demand.

*Mitsubishi are developing the first ammonia powered turbine right now.

**Flat as is the daily demand curve, not future demand v present.

Watching and listening to the lies from the LNP is chilling. It's Trumps America all over.
Unfortunately in a two party race for the lodge there is only one party that will accept a loss.
Prepare if Morrison loses for these so called freedom fighters to ramp up the pprotests and the fixed election to replace the moronic anti vacc marches.

That's a lot of accusations and not a lot of substance, smells like a fear campaign.

Maybe you should check under your bed for the latest mediscare talking points.

All of this came about because the ALP were going to try and hit the LNP over the head with vaccine rollout criticism. They were all geared up to complain about it remember? Then in ten months from approval we became one of the most vaccinated places on the planet.

Whoops. Lost the thing to hit with. Better go back to attacking personalities.

I like the carbon plan though.

That's a lot of accusations and not a lot of substance, smells like a fear campaign.

All of this came about because the ALP were going to try and hit the LNP over the head with vaccine rollout criticism. They were all geared up to complain about it remember? Then in ten months from approval we became one of the most vaccinated places on the planet.

The LNP supply all the ammunition. The ALP is certainly not devoid of options in that space, they don't even need to attack personalities as the LNP take care of that whenever they open their mouth or take a picture with Barnaby Joyce.

Watching and listening to the lies from the LNP is chilling. It's Trumps America all over.
Unfortunately in a two party race for the lodge there is only one party that will accept a loss.
Prepare if Morrison loses for these so called freedom fighters to ramp up the pprotests and the fixed election to replace the moronic anti vacc marches.
Yep, Morrison bought the Trump playbook and built an altar.

Yep, Morrison bought the Trump playbook and built an altar.

Where is the proof of this?

What proof is there of any claims on election fraud or concerns in Australia? I am still waiting for the Dem supporters here to come out strong on them for the 2016 Russia gate stuff. Some of which is still being referred to by senior dems even though it has been proved that the Dems paid for the dossier to smear the other side.

I'll wait for the same criticism of both sides... And I will wait for any proof that Scomo or others wont accept an election result here...

What proof is there of any claims on election fraud or concerns in Australia? I am still waiting for the Dem supporters here to come out strong on them for the 2016 Russia gate stuff. Some of which is still being referred to by senior dems even though it has been proved that the Dems paid for the dossier to smear the other side.

I'll wait for the same criticism of both sides... And I will wait for any proof that Scomo or others wont accept an election result here...

Morrison is already trying to discredit an ICAC . It's a Trump special . Call a witch hunt before the event.
If labour manages a win and brings in an ICAC there will be a few LNP pollies looking for a change of undies.

Morrison tried to bring in an identity card to vote citing voting irregularities when as you say there has never been any evidence of skullduggery.
Says it all really.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

W

Where is your proof that the Russian intervention on Facebook didn’t happen? Or that the Cambridge Analytica scandal didn’t happen?
Trump owed his presidency to Putin.

Morrison is already trying to discredit an ICAC . It's a Trump special . Call a witch hunt before the event.
If labour manages a win and brings in an ICAC there will be a few LNP pollies looking for a change of undies.
Would you support an independent corruption watchdog that kept everything completely hidden until findings were brought down? As in nobody knew at all until then?

There is an expose coming up on the 730 report of the mishandling of the Pfizer ordering by Hunt and Morrison that eventuated in the slow rollout and the extended lockdowns.
Full vaccination should have been achieved months ago .
You haven't been keeping up if you think the ALP aren't still hitting the LNP over the incompetent vacc rollout.

W

Where is your proof that the Russian intervention on Facebook didn’t happen? Or that the Cambridge Analytica scandal didn’t happen?
Trump owed his presidency to Putin.

Bahaahahahaaha

Have you looked at the findings?

Your post proves my point. The intervention on Facebook seems to say the ukraine did it on behalf of republicans and Russia on behalf of Dems. Do you think there was collusion? Do you really still think that the Russia stuff is true? The dems paid for the dossier, paid the lawyer (who has now been charged) to go to the FBI and paid the british spy for the 'information'.

There is an expose coming up on the 730 report of the mishandling of the Pfizer ordering by Hunt and Morrison that eventuated in the slow rollout and the extended lockdowns.
You haven't been keeping up if you think the ALP aren't still hitting the LNP over the incompetent vacc rollout.

You're unhappy with where Australia is at on vaccinations? Near the top of the world in half the time isn't good enough?
One of the lowest death tallies on the planet with less than half the deaths per case % of the global average isn't good enough?

There will never be full vaccination without a mandate. I don't think using that as a measure would be fair or look good for either party. The Dems in the US for example haven't got full vaccination. It is not because they are not pushing it (as they should be). I am not sure that 'full vaccination' is a good metric no matter who is in power at the time.

Would you support an independent corruption watchdog that kept everything completely hidden until findings were brought down? As in nobody knew at all until then?

Morrison has been very quiet on the Obeid findings.
Was Obeid railroaded? Was his enquiry held in secret. Obeid got his just deserts the same as any corrupt public official should. Keep the enquiry secret, definitely not.
Two sets of rules for Morrison, keep it secret if it applies to his side but open slather on anyone else.

You're unhappy with where Australia is at on vaccinations? Near the top of the world in half the time isn't good enough?
One of the lowest death tallies on the planet with less than half the deaths per case % of the global average isn't good enough?

Thankfully we have state premiers who stood firm.
If Morrison and that lunatic miner from Queensland had of got there way it would have been open borders and open slather.
Australia was near last in the vacc race. That's right it was not a race , Morrison told us so.

I'm betting on Hydrogen over batteries and EV. If you batterify everything on the planet that is now powered by fossil fuels you will have a pollution crisis in 50 years far worse than the plastics one we have now. I'm looking forward to the next generation of technology like https://futurism.com/the-byte/worlds-first-home-hydrogen-battery

Left-wing political YouTuber Friendlyjordies has been condemned by federal Liberal MP Nicolle Flint after devoting an entire abusive episode of his podcast to the retiring backbencher in which he labels her a “hobo”, a “s**t local member” and a “whiny little bitch”.

The self-proclaimed “political satirist” also describes Ms Flint as the second-most-evil-looking woman on Earth behind former foreign minister Julie Bishop, and suggests she has become a crusader on women’s issues to make up for her irrelevance as an MP.

Friendlyjordies, whose real name is Jordan Shanks-Markovina, was forced to issue an apology earlier this year after former NSW deputy premier John Barilaro complained he had defamed him as corrupt in a video post.

He turned his attention to Ms Flint on Monday, who became aware of his 15-minute tirade entitled Nicolle Flint: Enemy to Women? only after she started being trolled by a large number of his 90,000 Twitter followers. “Hey, do you know who Nicolle Flint is?” his latest post begins.

“She’s a hobo that wanders the streets of Adelaide wearing a garbage bag. Paranoid. Always looking around for anyone who even inhabits the same space as her, at which point she will yell out like South Australia’s version of Mad Dog, ‘Sexist!’ ”

The “hobo” description of Ms Flint is a reference to a Facebook video she posted last year where she wore a dress made out of a plastic garbage bag in protest after Adelaide journalist Peter Goers wrote a column ridiculing the MP’s appearance.

The latest video reprises a post about which Ms Flint complained in a speech to federal parliament earlier this year in which Friendlyjordies labelled the MP “a whiny little bitch” who was unable to take criticism.

The profanity-laden post repeatedly tells Ms Flint to “f..k off” from politics and also refers to her as “Dick-hole Flint”

It also includes disparaging remarks about mining magnate Gina Rinehart, ABC 7.30 host Leigh Sales, Project co-host Lisa Wilkinson and former NSW premier Gladys Berejiklian.

In order, he compares the women to a pig, a rat and a chimp, and describes Ms Berejiklian as something called “a penis snake”.

Ms Flint said she was dismayed by what she called the “relentlessly menacing” tone of the latest post.

“The thing I find disturbing is the level of effort and energy he has taken in this long post to attack not only me but all these other women in such a creepy and appearance-based way,” she said.

“We should call this out for what it is. To call a woman a whiny little bitch is demonstrably sexist. There is no debating that.”

Ms Flint – who has spent much of her two-term political career campaigning for greater recognition of endometriosis and improved support for families who lose children to still birth – said she felt insulted he accused her of being “a do-nothing MP”.

“If that’s what passes for debate in politics, no wonder people want no part of it,” she said.

Huge shame that the Labor party feel the need to associate themselves with a misogynist like this. They'd rightfully be all over the Liberal Party if major members of the party were openly courting a someone like Jordan Shanks but bullying female MPs out of politics is fine if they're conservative I guess.

Morrison has been very quiet on the Obeid findings.
Was Obeid railroaded? Was his enquiry held in secret. Obeid got his just deserts the same as any corrupt public official should. Keep the enquiry secret, definitely not.
Two sets of rules for Morrison, keep it secret if it applies to his side but open slather on anyone else.

Thankfully we have state premiers who stood firm.
If Morrison and that lunatic miner from Queensland had of got there way it would have been open borders and open slather.
Australia was near last in the vacc race. That's right it want a race , Morrison told us so.

Morrison was accused of being racist when he closed the international borders.

That talk sure disappeared quickly didn't it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back