Opinion Politics (warning, may contain political views you disagree with)

Remove this Banner Ad

The "minority" I was referring to was his christian pentacostalism, and when I used the term "fighting", it may have elevated what I was saying about Morrison to suggest his fight was for some noble cause for those who might be marginalized, disregarded or even oppressed, but it is none of those things. I meant it in the context of Morrison having previously stated that he had been called to do "God's work".

By his words and by his actions; like in his intervention in the NSW Liberal party pre-selection to favour his pentacostal picks, or by his special favour to get his spiritual mentor Brian Houston (currently charged with covering up child sexual abuse) into the White House to pray for President Trump, it become clear that he wasn't governing for all of the electorate, but rather to spread his peculiar and often intolerant faith. The "we don't trust in Goverments" statement confirmed that insidious agenda.

I'll quote from James Ley's essay that I linked in previous posts which articulates more stylishly much of what I've been trying to explain:

"Morrison’s declaration of principle all follow from his use of ‘secularism’ as a euphemism for godlessness. He is positioning himself as an embattled believer, defending his religious faith against a hostile ‘secular’ society, unaware that he is battling his own incomprehension, claiming a ‘freedom’ he already possesses."

You are making statements of fact based on your assumptions of a persons actions. That is not something I like to do.

I have said over and over that I wasn't a fan of Morrison and would have voted for Albo if not for the radical Greens.

You have also not answered my question about minorities. Which ones do you support and why? Are you against all religions or just christianity? I am looking for principle as a way of trying to find common ground.

You are making statements of fact based on your assumptions of a persons actions. That is not something I like to do.

I have said over and over that I wasn't a fan of Morrison and would have voted for Albo if not for the radical Greens.

You have also not answered my question about minorities. Which ones do you support and why? Are you against all religions or just christianity? I am looking for principle as a way of trying to find common ground.
I’d say being a lefty Greens voter he would be all aboard the religion of Islam/peace lol.

I’d say being a lefty Greens voter he would be all aboard the religion of Islam/peace lol.

That does seem to be the way with many of the Greens crew. Although I am asking before assuming in this case. Trying to seek out principle where I can.

But yes, attacking christianity and not other religions is something I find completely baffling. Nonsensical.

That does seem to be the way with many of the Greens crew. Although I am asking before assuming in this case. Trying to seek out principle where I can.

But yes, attacking christianity and not other religions is something I find completely baffling. Nonsensical.

These comments reveal a lot about how you two think than it does about anything I've written.

I'm not plugged into the extremist news sources that supplies much of the disinformation constantly being spread here, but I know about them.

It's too depressing to trawl through it all but ultimately its no more than a handful of people on what is a Footy forum.

Last edited:

Religions are sparsely different. It is possible to criticise one without criticising another, let alone all of them.

And just to check, you're okay with demons09 sarcastic dig at islam? You're not going to advocate that they refrain from criticising islam unless they would criticise all religions?

After all, that is the 'principle' you seem to be applying.

Disdain for Christianity but tolerance for non-Western religions stems from the idea that Western religions are crucial to capitalist social fabric.
What I would like to know is who really wins from this persistent attack by the left on the very system that so many have benefitted from in the West ?

What I would like to know is who really wins from this persistent attack by the left on the very system that so many have benefitted from in the West ?
It's part of the long march, we are reaching the end of it. Cultural Marxism is widespread in the West, started 100 years ago.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The USSR paid a lot of money to support groups that targeted religion, fossil fuels etc in the US.

It's quite literally Communist/Marxist influences.

I'd argue that the US involvement in the middle east to control oil assets there was a direct response to then Russian influence in support of environmental movements within the US aimed at crippling their economy.

Ukraine is about oil and gas too.

We are just pawns.

Take a look at how the communists in hollywood during the previous century handled being called out, they accused people of being antisemitic. Sound like a familiar playbook?

When there is a corporate scoring system in place that affords activists commissar positions, controls language and puts people into meetings where they are taught by they are criminals - that's literally how the communists do it.

So people shouldn't try and improve a system? They should just shut up and accept it?
Absolutely not...the continual improvement of our free market capitalist system with social responsibility is what we already have.

The complete replacement of what we have and is demonstrably superior than any other, ever, with something that is demonstrably worse is what I am concerned about.

The USA is at the point where if they fall into civil war one side will be populated by people who love their country and want to keep it how it is/return it to a point in recent history and the other side will be those who hate their nation and want to change significant fundamental aspects of it.

... and we don't think one of those sides is supported by destabilizing foreign groups who stand to benefit from the US breaking, and have been funding the process for nearing a century.

There is a 2017 story of an incident where a political activist shot and nearly killed a member of congress and members of his staff.

View attachment 1474399

Did he hide behind the African Americans, the Jews or the Muslims - or will you keep updating that post to include a few more groups that you think are susceptible to left wing ideologies?

It seemed more crazy when you just had it as "The Jews" this morning.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back