Discussion Politics

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe there is more testing there?
Do you have evidence?

We know that any death resulting from anything that could be attributed to COVID symptoms have been attributed as COVID-caused.

What would behoove the left (blue states) in maximising the number of COVID deaths?

Last edited:
Probably, the data suggests that (generally) states that have done more testing have recorded more deaths.

No - the data suggests that (generally) the states that have recorded the most deaths have, as a result, done wider and more testing. Thats the more logical explanation. Unless of course you are suggesting testing contributes to the chances of dying from Covid 19.

It also explains Japans low test rate - very few deaths - no need to test - unless of course Abe is somehow manipulating the figures. Do you think he is?

Do you have evidence?

We know that any death resulting from anything that could be attributed to COVID symptoms have been attributed as COVID-caused.

What would behoove the left (blue states) in maximising the number of COVID deaths?

Ah yes - welcome to the millenial world - where evidence is a podcast or an anonymous video from youtube!!!!!

BTW - happy birthday!!!

Nobody has mentioned why the top 6 US states for COVID deaths are from blue states.

In fact, I would go so far as to posit no-one wants to confront why that is.
I've not bothered because I thought it was blindingly obvious. (But the answer is not 42 its 57,116)

So what do you think the reason is?

I've mentioned credibility twice and only mentioned it towards one poster, bizarre you are so hung up on it. Can we have a proper discussion without your constant attempts to trail this off into something else. I've taken issue with important information being left out of a discussion that would give reason to some of the figures that are being reported. I think doing that is fair and reasonable.

I believe America have reacted poorly to it as well but at least I see both sides unlike you and others who tend to leave out critical information that could be reason to suggest that whilst it's still bad, it's not as bad as you or others portray it to be.

You said recorded deaths are recorded deaths. You see the illogical nature of that comment, correct? You do understand that to record a COVID death, you need a COVID case, and to record a COVID case you need a COVID test. This is all fairly self-explanatory, right?

So given this logic, you would also understand that if a country tests less people, they will record less cases. By recording less cases, they will record less deaths. Correct?

It is poor from you to use death toll as a means to show how badly the USA have done whilst leaving out important information as to why the disparity could be as it is. This is why I gave an example of Malta, or any country for that matter that has a smaller population, has tested less, and has recorded less deaths.

Like I said, if Japan tested as much as the USA, they'd have 41,000 deaths. It's not impartial at all for you to say "recorded deaths are recorded deaths" and completely leave out other important reasons as to why the figures are what they are.

surely they do autopsy after a death so whether they were known to have COVID or not they would then record the death to COVID.

So does this post represents the complete picture in regard to comparing the responses to Covid 19 by Japan and USA? No
So should I be critical of your motives?

BTW Are you suggesting that Abe has deliberately minimised testing in order to boost the apparent success of Japan in dealing with Covid 19?

The other thing about Japan is the way they live. Tokyo is the world's largest city. Something like 40 million people living on top of each other and public transport the only real option to keep the traffic from overwhelming the streets. Tokyo crosswalks are like a stampede at some hours and you are regularly packed in where ever you go. It should be the perfect environment to have a massive outbreak. I would think that they probably all wear masks when they do have to travel and they are a very clean and organised nation. They seem to have a very large public service who could easily be mobilised to clean and disinfect.

The US and their cult of the individual are much harder to control, that said they have handled it like a third world country with no obvious plan and no obvious continuity of messaging. It changes by the day and the nation is fighting with the Staes while offering quack remedies to keep people calm. To me the US is almost the exact opposite of a sensible way of handling it.

Nobody has mentioned why the top 6 US states for COVID deaths are from blue states.

In fact, I would go so far as to posit no-one wants to confront why that is.

Places where there are mass populations are the more educated states so vote blue. Places inland with no coast line and few international travellers also tend towards being red states. It's not really a big mystery. Places like Wyoming are isolated and huge. Pretty much like the less visited states here faired best.

Exactly which is why the obsession with trump bemuses me.

Let’s be honest we have our own problems and a very uncertain future to worry about. I’ve become very disaffected as I’ve grown older and it’s just growing worse. As a kid growing up I watched man land on the moon, saw breakthroughs in medicine and many other fields and had a great belief that we could achieve just about anything.

Somewhere along the way corporate and individual greed has gotten completely out of control creating a wealth divide that at other points in time would have resulted in a revolution. We have new tech that’s killed journalism and managed to make even the New York Times a rag that needs to be fact checked.

Michaelia cash is a real piece of work bought and paid for and couldn’t care less who knows it. On a brighter note while many countries have looked leaderless or run by clowns I’ve been satisfied with scomo and impressed by Daniel Andrews. Frankly I didn’t think either of them had it in them so hats off to both of them and our medical experts.

Football can’t start soon enough, I definitely need a diversion.

The obsession with Trump is self driven he drives it Puts TRUMP emblazoned on every thing he is
connected with ....will never forgive him for what he did to one of best Golf courses in the world.

Turnberry in Scotland .

Turned into a side show bob tricked up disgrace.

Could not give a stuff who wins USA elections myself ....country lost my interest .

Last edited:
It is a discussion video, fool.
No - its 11.30 minute video presented by an anonymous youtube presenter. I'm sorry to disappoint you but that's not sufficient incentive for me to waste my very valuable time.

Just a hint - it might help if you explain who the podcaster is, his background, qualifications, relevance to discuss a particular subject and then maybe people will get intrigued and have a listen.

How's the birthday going?

No - the data suggests that (generally) the states that have recorded the most deaths have, as a result, done wider and more testing. Thats the more logical explanation. Unless of course you are suggesting testing contributes to the chances of dying from Covid 19.

It also explains Japans low test rate - very few deaths - no need to test - unless of course Abe is somehow manipulating the figures. Do you think he is?

Nah just stating more tests = more cases = more deaths.

No need to test...haha.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The other is self interest in politics

A parent of one of my son's friend used to work with Huawei, he's a Australian systems designer who has worked all over the world designing mobile and internet systems. He headed operations for some big European phone and telecoms companies in Singapore, Phillipines and Indonesia. He's literally a top shelf expert. I asked him directly if there was anything to worry about with Huawei and 5G well after he'd left them. He just laughed and said it's all political crap that stops them from using them. He reckoned they already could spy on anything they wanted to without touching 5G. He said he thinks it's possible that Chinese government have influence over the company but he said they aren't a spy network or even involved in the designing of the systems. He said Huawei have a good product and it would be cheaper to roll out that a ground up build.

No - its 11.30 minute video presented by an anonymous youtube presenter. I'm sorry to disappoint you but that's not sufficient incentive for me to waste my very valuable time.

Just a hint - it might help if you explain who the podcaster is, his background, qualifications, relevance to discuss a particular subject and then maybe people will get intrigued and have a listen.

How's the birthday going?
What birthday? Deluded.

It was covering precisely the method you have been employing. If you must know, he is a scientist, and as per Kildonan's logic, that means you have to pay attention.

He's an idiot but Donald takes so much of the attention.
Yep - yet another thing that staggers about the USA. Such a flawed system that throws those two up as the potential leader of the country. Old white incompetent - the only real capacity they have is the ability to find raise the $500M+ needed to run a campaign. Begs the question - why would you willingly give your money to either of them? Something in it for the donor perhaps?

Oh but they are doing their best guys, that's all you can ask! :tearsofjoy:

Massive win for the Australian economy. There are such things as making good mistakes. That is 60 bil we won't have to repay. 👍

Footy is back!

Please continue all political discussion here;

5ef9068daacf27f942a75e5b3b9ce924.gif

What birthday? Deluded.

It was covering precisely the method you have been employing. If you must know, he is a scientist, and as per Kildonan's logic, that means you have to pay attention.
I consider a scientist to be an expert when that person is widely considered to have comprehensive or authoritative knowledge in their particular field. There are many scientists recruited by the fossil fuel industry who have made their mark in their own field but then are considered rogue or having a minority view once they step outside their own area of expertise or promote the oil industry view rather than represent the consensus view.

A similar sort of defection can be seen due to religion. Students at well regarded universities in the US have been recruited to complete biology degrees so that they can be influenced into writing papers that support "intelligent design".

The effect is that the body uses a qualified person to represent the scientific view as they see it contradicting the established view which is held by consensus of the vast majority of scientists in the field.

My point is that the internet allows us to find the minority view almost as readily as we can find the consensus view. Part of avoiding being fooled by false authorities involves some detective work to separate the authoritative position from the rogue view (often influenced by a person or body with an agenda).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back