Discussion Politics

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No I’m selfish. I said that. I don’t invest anything anyway. I rely on my super guy. Ethics have never really been a part of my life because everyone has ethics until they don’t.
I dont have a super guy (bloke) to rely on. I blew my super on a farm. I didnt really lose anything but after 12 years farming I had no more than my original super pay out. I have been doing my own share trading and doing quite well until this corona virus recession hit us and took out half the value of our shares. Coming back up again at a snails pace.

Last edited:

Is that where you try to gaslight anyone who notices his erratic behaviour and dares to mention it?

Criticse and have a go at Trump all you like. You and others are free to do so. We live in free and open democracies. Millions died to give us that right today and going forward so we should celebrate it.

I just find the constant Trump obsession mind boggling (even after 5 years). Anti Trumpsters and those with TDS need a readjustment in where they focus like the evils of the CCP which is becoming a dangerous worldwide threat. The obsession is also irrational and too emotive where little research into the real truth is actually conducted.

Last edited:
Politics and the Disco all mixed in together!!!!

Great new song by Lucinda Williams - not sure if its about anyone specifically!!!

Man without A Soul

You're a man without truth
A man of greed, a man of hate
A man of envy and doubt
You're a man without a soul

All the money in the world
Will never fill that hole
You're a man bought and sold

You bring nothing good to this world
Beyond a web of cheating and stealing
You hide behind your wall of lies
But it's coming down
Yeah, it's coming down

You're a man without shame
Without dignity and grace
No way to save face

Talk about having no soul.

What a s**t song.

The anti-Trump lot are actually more unbearable than the pro-Trump lot.
Why? Also why is it black and white? Why can't it be based on facts?
Why can't people criticise his handling of this crisis when it is plain his lack of leadership has caused a disaster of epic proportions. Its not the person but their actions.
Morrison was rightly criticised for his handling of the bushfires. Failed leadership. Based on the facts.

Morrison has been rightly praised for his leadership during a huge health and economic crisis. A text book example of co operation and bi partisanship using expert medical advice and taking drastic economic measures to save the economy.

Its not a footy match with teams, look at facts and make your opinions. Simplistic cheer squads pro or anti is just basic stupidity.

Criticse and have a go at Trump all you like. You and others are free to do so. We live in free and open democracies. Millions died to give us that right today and going forward so we should celebrate it.

I just find the constant Trump obsession mind boggling (even after 5 years). Anti Trumpsters and those with TDS need a readjustment in where they focus like the evils of the CCP which is becoming a dangerous worldwide threat. The obsession is also irrational and too emotive where little research into the real truth is actually conducted.
What's this 5 years you are talking about - he was a crazy loon yesterday - that's why he gets talked about today.

Look I'll make a deal - if the President of the USA doesn't behave like a spoilt 3yo for the whole of next week, I'll stop posting comment on his petulant ravings. OK!!!!

There’s nothing wrong with being critical of Trump but if you’re complaining about literally everything he does and can’t give him credit for anything, that’s when the anti-trump views are unbearable.
I swear he could cure 95% of cancers, but he’d still be the devil to some people because 2% of the cancers he didn’t cure target children.

There’s a difference between openly engaging in political discussions and being a brick wall negating everything someone says or does.

Disturbing fact - USA , the wealthiest country in the world, represents less than 5% of the world’s population but have nearly a third of the known coronavirus death toll.

The anti-Trump lot are actually more unbearable than the pro-Trump lot.
Is there a difference between pro Trump and those that are anti the anti Trumps?
What about people like me that really don't give a toss about Trump but are anti the pro Trumps?
For me Trump is like Jethro Tull, I don't care until somebody makes me listen to it.
Or is a pro Trump the anti definition of a gentleman, ie someone who knows how to play the piano accordian but chooses not to.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why? Also why is it black and white? Why can't it be based on facts?
Why can't people criticise his handling of this crisis when it is plain his lack of leadership has caused a disaster of epic proportions. Its not the person but their actions.
Morrison was rightly criticised for his handling of the bushfires. Failed leadership. Based on the facts.

Morrison has been rightly praised for his leadership during a huge health and economic crisis. A text book example of co operation and bi partisanship using expert medical advice and taking drastic economic measures to save the economy.

Its not a footy match with teams, look at facts and make your opinions. Simplistic cheer squads pro or anti is just basic stupidity.
Agree completely, unfortunately the majority of anti-Trump don't bother with fairness.

What's this 5 years you are talking about - he was a crazy loon yesterday - that's why he gets talked about today.

Look I'll make a deal - if the President of the USA doesn't behave like a spoilt 3yo for the whole of next week, I'll stop posting comment on his petulant ravings. OK!!!!
Whoops -that didn't last long.

So does Donald have Covid or not?

Talk about having no soul.

What a s**t song.
Oh not your style - oh well - each to his own - I reckon Lucinda is great.

But even you would have to admit that lyrically its pretty much bang on the money when describing someone with wealth but no capacity for empathy!!!

Jeez now that I read it again - is it possible its actually about Donald?

Oh not your style - oh well - each to his own - I reckon Lucinda is great.

But even you would have to admit that lyrically its pretty much bang on the money when describing someone with wealth but no capacity for empathy!!!

Jeez now that I read it again - is it possible its actually about Donald?
It is also something a 6 year old could write.

seriously are there any positive stories about the Donald?
plenty of negative and plenty of fighting the negative but any actual positive stories? and I don't mean maybe positive I mean, can't be refuted positive. Does he even like puppies?
This is why I said what I said. Doesn't it get boring after a certain point? I mean look at what happened to my post.

Criticise his policies, question his leadership, all fine.

Bringing up stupid articles about him only to attack his character is overdone, boring, and not worth paying any attention to. You lose credibility when that's what you bring to a discussion. This thread is evidence enough that those (not even in blind support of Trump, by the way) that want to have a reasonable discussion are howled down for even displaying a shred of faith or support of Trump. This is why this thread is completely dominated by anti-Trump posters and those that want to offer a different point of view are non-existent. I know I've stopped posting about Trump in here because of exactly that. Not going to change anyone's mind one way or the other.

I agree with many of his policies but also criticised him for the way he has handled this pandemic. I also understand America has tested millions more people than any other country so obviously cases will be higher than most countries, and if you look at deaths and cases per 1m/pop you'll see America wasn't even in the top 10 worst affected countries (as per two weeks ago, not sure of the numbers now, haven't been bothered to look at it). His messaging has been poor and bringing people back to work so early I have issue with. See how easy it is to look at both sides and form an opinion for yourself. I don't know why people are so vehemently one way or the other though. If people don't want to discuss both the good and the bad, there's no point entertaining it. Just let it carry on as one big echo chamber of Trump hate.

I am looking forward to the football starting up again.

So economically where do our interests lie?

Australia's two-way trade with China represents 26 per cent of our total trade with the world. Last financial year, that relationship was worth $235 billion, which almost equalled the combined value of our two-way trade with Japan ($88.5 billion), the United States ($76.4 billion), South Korea ($41.4 billion) and Singapore ($32.7 billion), our trading partners ranked second to fifth.

Our two-way trade in goods and services with the Chinese has been in surplus since the global financial crisis of 2008-9, and for many decades more with the Japanese. With the Americans, we have always been in deficit. Last financial year, the surplus with China was $71.4 billion, and with Japan it was $34.9 billion. The deficit with the US was $26.9 billion.

Fascinatingly silent when one of their own does the same things.

I was happy to put up an article of how s**t Cuomo has handled the crisis too. He's being lauded for his handling despite the fact that he's ****ed everything up and killed New Yorkers. He is being pushed forward to take over from Biden. All he does well is speak like he's in control while doing dumb arse things like talking funding away from healthcare in the middle of a crisis and not acting to shut down quickly. Trump takes up 99% of all US political reportage, he likes it that way. It also means he's much more scrutinised than others, especially here because it is literally all we hear about US politics.

So economically where do our interests lie?

Australia's two-way trade with China represents 26 per cent of our total trade with the world. Last financial year, that relationship was worth $235 billion, which almost equalled the combined value of our two-way trade with Japan ($88.5 billion), the United States ($76.4 billion), South Korea ($41.4 billion) and Singapore ($32.7 billion), our trading partners ranked second to fifth.

Our two-way trade in goods and services with the Chinese has been in surplus since the global financial crisis of 2008-9, and for many decades more with the Japanese. With the Americans, we have always been in deficit. Last financial year, the surplus with China was $71.4 billion, and with Japan it was $34.9 billion. The deficit with the US was $26.9 billion.

I like how the US moved in to take our barley quota. I think we might have been played.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back