Prediction Poll added - Who will be our highest rated Rising Star in 2021?

Who will be our highest rated Rising Star in 2021? [multiple selections allowed]

• Total voters

GapInIkonPark

Premiership Player
Nov 22, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Players must be under 21 on 1 January and played 10 matches or less.

Carlton players eligible for nomination for the 2021 award (as at the end of the ND):

- Liam Stocker
- Brodie Kemp
- Sam Philp
- Sam Ramsay
- Corey Durdin
- Jack Carroll
- Josh Honey (rookie)
- Matthew Cottrell (rookie)
- Luke Parks (rookie)

I think Kemp and Stocker are our best chances for nominations in Season 2020, with Durdin and Carroll more likely in 2021.

OP from last year’s thread ...

Players must be under 21 on 1 January and played 10 matches or less.

Carlton players eligible for nomination for the 2020 award (as at the end of the ND):

- Tom De Koning (TDK)
- Liam Stocker
- Finbar O’Dwyer (FO’D)
- Ben Silvagni (BSOS)
- Brodie Kemp
- Sam Philp
- Sam Ramsay

I think Stocker and TDK are our best chances for nominations in Season 2020, with Kemp likely to feature in 2021.

Macreadie only the 9 games so far but has turned 21.

(Found last year’s thread near ... Bluemour Melting Pot XIX - Give Me Ed Baby - Return of the Prodigal Son)

OP from last year’s thread ...

Apr 29, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
I honestly can't see much room in the side for any of them subject to injuries. So therefore it will likely be who gets the most opportunity. Stocker could come in if we have issues down back or through the middle, likewise Philp if we have issues in the half forward line or middle and Kemp if we have issues with medium defenders or forwards.

Kemp has the most talent though, so if he does break in, i'd put him down to excel.

May 29, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
LA Lakers
Almost feels like Philp is a forgotten man already. Running machine and good tackler who made a huge impression pre-season and forced his way into the team pretty early. I’m backing him in, could have a break out year now that things are more settled.

2020 wasn't the best development situaiton for the players - positive surprise from a few after the pre-season given all teh competition for spots isn't a big ask I would imagine. I really want to see Stocker on field and Honey - something about the way Honey moves with ball in hand - kid has class written all over him.

Aug 12, 2012
sv_cheats 1
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Edmonton Oilers
If I had to guess, I'd say Kemp is the one the club wants to play the most. So just based on that, I'm picking him. I hope some of the others beat the door down and play a dozen games, but not sure there's been anything to suggest that's likely at this stage. Still very early for all of them.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
I think Philp will pleasantly surprise many next season.

Was a bit disappointed after a couple of games he was dropped. The more senior games we get into this lad, the better. I just feel like he will be a very productive player for us.

GapInIkonPark

Premiership Player
Nov 22, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
We are most unlikely to gain a nomination in the last round of Season 2021 and that brings us to a season with no nominations which is I guess is just further disappointment on the season.
Roll on Season 2022.
Our current players eligible for next season …
- Kemp
- Philp
- Carroll
- Durdin
- Ramsay
- Honey (rookie)
- Parks (rookie)

Mirkov and Boyd would be ineligible as they will be 21 or older on 1 January.

We are most unlikely to gain a nomination in the last round of Season 2021 and that brings us to a season with no nominations which is I guess is just further disappointment on the season.
Roll on Season 2022.
Our current players eligible for next season …
- Kemp
- Philp
- Carroll
- Durdin
- Ramsay
- Honey (rookie)
- Parks (rookie)

Mirkov and Boyd would be ineligible as they will be 21 or older on 1 January.

Just one more reason why this year can GTFO.

Seriously, they should just skip 2020 and 2021 in the history books...

Stocker 23 disposals @74% efficiency, 527 metres gained, 5 intercepts

His body of work this year should earn him a nomination this week. Probably won't, but it should.

Cripps 'n' Blue Bloods

Sir Cripps of Carlton House
Mar 26, 2015
Bendigo
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Melbourne Tigers, Bendigo Braves, OKC
Ladies and Gentlemen... your round 23 Rising Star nominee: Liam Stocker Connor Idun

1629768862106.png

Back