Autopsy Poll: Did we improve in 2018?

Did we improve in 2018?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

We lose ryder for as long and we probably miss finals in 2017 as well.
Yep IIRC one of the plays of '17 was in the game v St Kilda at AO, paddy from a boundary throw-in taps
to Robbie who goals to the northern end, we win and go on to make finals.
Said to a saints supporter after "bad luck m8 you were the better team today".
This was also the game when Ken later admitted that in the coaches box with 2mins to go
and staring at an upset loss he'd turned to the others and said "how am I going to explain this".

I watched Ken's speech last night hoping for another "how am I going to explain this" i.e. 2018.
What I did hear was "we've got to let it go" and "we're close".
Well close counts in lawn bowls but not in my PAFC.
I cringed a few times listening to him last night. So did we improve in 2018? Ken says no.
Says we've got to let it go but we're close.
People say just look at the table and where you finished. While it's hard to argue against this but
imo we were lucky we didn't finish lower.

Its not a joke.
The first step in fixing a problem is accepting that it exists.

The result of the voting clearly shows that the supporters and members here believe we have not improved.
The club has to decide whether it is content to bounce along mid table or will have the courage to make the changes required to improve.

Anyone who was at or watched the B&F online last night heard Ken say "we are close".
That implies that we don't need significant change.
I'm concerned that the club still has a sugar coated perception of 2018.
Either 95.2% of us are wrong, or the club is.

I wanted to make the supporters perception crystal clear to the club.

I don't think we are close and watching the speeches last night, I really want Justin (and others) to finish up at our club with a premiership. Based on what I have seen so far we will be treading water in 2019. That won't win us a premiership.

Its not a joke.

My point was that we don’t really need a poll here to determine if we have improved or not.

We missed finals.
We played a dull, uninspiring, defensive game plan.
Our forwards struggled to kick goals.
Our best and fairest results showed that none of our new players had any significant impact.

Basically there is nothing whatsoever to indicate that we have done anything other than go backwards.

I thought the question was a bit of a joke because the answer is so obvious!!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I agree with Ken - to a point.
Player wise, I don't think we are far off.
I think our best 22 stacks up against most sides

with the right game plan.
The slow, uninspiring, defensive game plan we played this year doesn't not suit our playing group.

Change the game plan and coaching philosophy and we might just surprise.

Back