Poll: Dion Prestia or Adam Treloar

Who would you take?

• Don Presta

Votes: 59 35.3%
  • Adam Trelor

Votes: 108 64.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

If there is any team to take young kids not getting games from, it's GWS. Thought Richmond would've known that.

Yet your team picked up Grigg, Hampson, Townsend, Yarran, Hunt and Moore in past years through both trades and FA. Now are treating Prestia like the messiah. I'd be more concerned about the tigers given that the blues are filling the damage from draft mistakes and heading in a positive direction.

Your list might still be rated better, but our 'upside' tops yours and almost everyone else knows that. Take care. ;)

The GWSRS ( GWS reject shop ) which is the Carlton football club, is just a narcissistic plaything for SOS to try and prove that he was not a failure as a recruiting manager. All the players drafted by SOS for GWS in 2014 have been moved on.They are busts. Now all the Carlton fans have to watch and wait for them to be all proven as failures a second time. While all the while GWS are giggling in the background trading failed draftees for more first round draft picks. You know why? Because they know that the blues are coming .... I want SOS to stay in charge of Carlton for as long as possible, for the same reasons I want Buckley to stay in charge of Collingwood forever. They are both perfect fits.

The GWSRS ( GWS reject shop ) which is the Carlton football club, is just a narcissistic plaything for SOS to try and prove that he was not a failure as a recruiting manager. All the players drafted by SOS for GWS in 2014 have been moved on.They are busts. Now all the Carlton fans have to watch and wait for them to be all proven as failures a second time. While all the while GWS are giggling in the background trading failed draftees for more first round draft picks. You know why? Because they know that the blues are coming .... I want SOS to stay in charge of Carlton for as long as possible, for the same reasons I want Buckley to stay in charge of Collingwood forever. They are both perfect fits.

Yeah, just like Hardwick and the tigers. Many years of ordinary performances and wasted trades and draft picks. Richmond are not far off from where Carlton were years ago.

All the players have moved on for opportunity as well as the giants clearing cap space. Says nothing about their talent when they're stuck in a team with so many first-round draft picks competing with each other for a spot. SOS is making a smart move, knowing that he can take the opportunity to gather most who are being pushed out at a bargain price, which also perfectly rectifies the issue of botched draft picks caused from our previous two list managers. Your club's list manager could have taken a leaf out of his book. But your team would rather scrape down the bottom of the barrell and find anything to fix their deficiencies. Doesn't seem to be working so far? How did Yarran and Townsend turn out?

You easily come to the conclusion that all of them are failures when you haven't even seen some of them perform. Calling players such as Plowman, Pickett and Marchbank failures just comes to show how much you know about footy. Zilch! Don't bother trying to compete with pathetic attempts such as that.

Shut up lol. Just because none of them nominated your team doesn't mean their rejects. I guarantee if marchbank and Pickett wanted to be traded to Richmond you would cream your pants and be banging on about them.

I voted Prestia but I wasn't considering injuries. I'd take Treloar in that case but I prefer Prestia as a player.

biased but prestia and rioli as a package >treloar
Would we swap Treloar for Presty and Rioli? The answer IMO is no, players like Prestia aren't hard to come by, every team has his type, Treloar's type on the other hand are very hard to find, high possession line breakers are worth their weight in gold, he's on track to becoming a top 10 player IMO.

Reading Richmond poster's attempts to turn last seasons Treloar rejection into a win is an interesting exercise in social science. Folks, this is what happens to the human psyche after 25 years of uninterrupted defeat.

Prestia > Treloar

Prestia better skilled. Treloars kicking is woeful
There was an article of stats in the HS around the middle of the year this year and Prestia was ranked the 3rd-worst kick (119th) out of the 121 in the comp who had had 100 kicks to round 12, with a kick rating of -7.1% below the league average, for the kick types he'd had. The only two worse than him were Lachie Neale, in 120th place (at -8.5%) and Adelaide's Scott Thompson (-12.2%), who brought up the rear in 121st place.

Reading Richmond poster's attempts to turn last seasons Treloar rejection into a win is an interesting exercise in social science. Folks, this is what happens to the human psyche after 25 years of uninterrupted defeat.

id it a bit like pies fans justifying Buckley completely dismantling the youngest premiership team in 50 years, and then going backwards on the ladder for every year after that.

Is it like that?

Would you take the Prestia or Treloar deal is a better question.
Collingwood traded the farm for Treloar, and they continue to sell the farm to keep Nathan in a job.
I don't expect Dimma to last out the season, but I think he's more secure than Nathan.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richmond giving up pick 6 for Prestia.

I suppose giving up pick 6 was necessary when you look at the players taken with pick 6 already on their list.

Reece Conca and Chris Yarran (traded from Carlton).

raw

Prestia's career ended today, so I'll go with Treloar.

Lmao. I know this is trolling but I'm having a slow day at work.

Carlton supporters trying to poke fun at other club's drafting.... :$

Since we're on the subject of first rounders:
  • 2007 Kreuzer. Whoops....could have Dangerfield, Rance, Cotchin, Ward, Rioli, Steven and a host of others....
  • 2008 Yarran. A first round pick at a 'proud and historic' club - surely a one club player. Oh wait.
  • 2009 Lucas. LOL
  • 2010 Watson - been in the system a few years now, surely cemented in the best 22 yah?
  • 2011 Bootsma. Last seen being tackled by Lukey McGun and sending pics of his wang.
  • 2012 Menzel. What happened to this guy? Surely wouldn't have been traded for a second rounder and some hack a few years later....right??
  • 2013 Cripps. Holy moly, we actually drafted someone decent?!
  • 2014 Boekhorst. Imagine drafting a mature age bloke way earlier than he should have gone and to cap it off he publicly criticised his future coach on social media. Surely no club in the league is THAT silly...:$:$
Wowzers that's some bad drafting. No wonder you blokes have 4 wooden spoons this century (twice as many as the next 'worst' sides). Ouch.

hqdefault.jpg

Lmao. I know this is trolling but I'm having a slow day at work.

Carlton supporters trying to poke fun at other club's drafting.... :$

Since we're on the subject of first rounders:
  • 2007 Kreuzer. Whoops....could have Dangerfield, Rance, Cotchin, Ward, Rioli, Steven and a host of others....
  • 2008 Yarran. A first round pick at a 'proud and historic' club - surely a one club player. Oh wait.
  • 2009 Lucas. LOL
  • 2010 Watson - been in the system a few years now, surely cemented in the best 22 yah?
  • 2011 Bootsma. Last seen being tackled by Lukey McGun and sending pics of his wang.
  • 2012 Menzel. What happened to this guy? Surely wouldn't have been traded for a second rounder and some hack a few years later....right??
  • 2013 Cripps. Holy moly, we actually drafted someone decent?!
  • 2014 Boekhorst. Imagine drafting a mature age bloke way earlier than he should have gone and to cap it off he publicly criticised his future coach on social media. Surely no club in the league is THAT silly...:$:$
Wowzers that's some bad drafting. No wonder you blokes have 4 wooden spoons this century (twice as many as the next 'worst' sides). Ouch.

hqdefault.jpg

Yeah I think it would be important for you do go over the pages of this thread, there isn't that many.

We're addressing our mistakes. Can't say the same for Richmond at the moment.
I'm not afraid to admit our club's drafting has been horrid, but if any team came second, it would be your mob.

2014 - Corey Ellis, Connor Menadue, Nathan Drummond, Daniel Butler, Reece McKenzie
2013 - Ben Lennon, Nathan Gordon, Sam Lloyd
Need I remind you tigers took Lennon while Zach Merrett, Patrick Cripps, Matt Crouch, Rory Lobb and Tom Barrass were yet to be taken.
2012 - Nick Vlastuin, Kamdyn McIntosh, Liam McBean, Matthew McDonough
2011 - Brandon Ellis, Todd Elton, Matthew Arnot
2010 - Reece Conca, Jake Batchelor, Bradley Helbig, Tom Derickx
2008 - Ty Vickery, Jayden Post

I ruled out 2009 because that was the only decent draft period the tigers have had in a long while.

All the ones in blue IIRC were taken in the first round. Vickery traded out while Conca, Elton and Lennon look to be failures.
The only ones I rate are Brandon Ellis, Sam Lloyd and maybe Nick Vlastuin. Everybody else have so far have proven little to indicate which direction your club is going.

Hardwick right now is trying to save his job by quick-fixing. It's gonna take more than Prestia and Caddy to help Richmond out of the crap they are in.

Last edited:
Yeah I think it would be important for you do go over the pages of this thread, there isn't that many.

We're addressing our mistakes. Can't say the same for Richmond at the moment.
I'm not afraid to admit our club's drafting has been horrid, but if any team came second, it would be your mob.

2014 - Corey Ellis, Connor Menadue, Nathan Drummond, Daniel Butler, Reece McKenzie
2013 - Ben Lennon, Nathan Gordon, Sam Lloyd
Need I remind you tigers took Lennon while Zach Merrett, Patrick Cripps, Matt Crouch, Rory Lobb and Tom Barrass were yet to be taken.
2012 - Nick Vlastuin, Kamdyn McIntosh, Liam McBean, Matthew McDonough
2011 - Brandon Ellis, Todd Elton, Matthew Arnot
2010 - Reece Conca, Jake Batchelor, Bradley Helbig, Tom Derickx
2008 - Ty Vickery, Jayden Post

I ruled out 2009 because hat was the only decent draft period the tigers have had in a long while.

All the ones in blue IIRC were taken in the first round. Vickery traded out while Conca, Elton and Lennon look to be failures.
The only ones I rate are Brandon Ellis, Sam Lloyd and maybe Nick Vlastuin. Everybody else have so far have proven little to indicate which direction your club is going.

Hardwick right now is trying to save his job by quick-fixing. It's gonna take more than Prestia and Caddy to help Richmond out of the crap they are in.

b28ec63aa084b86eec1db16d136b70da.jpg

Tasty melt! Be sure to eat it with a wooden spoon (you have a few of those spare). Sure would be a yummy snack when watching GWS reserves Carlton next year :D

I especially like the part how you skipped some years and needed to name later picks when we were just discussing first rounders. You be clutching at straws my friend. :p

b28ec63aa084b86eec1db16d136b70da.jpg

Tasty melt! Be sure to eat it with a wooden spoon (you have a few of those spare). Sure would be a yummy snack when watching GWS reserves Carlton next year :D

I especially like the part how you skipped some years and needed to name later picks when we were just discussing first rounders. You be clutching at straws my friend. :p

Stick your nose in a history book all you like. But the future tells me the tigers are in for a heap of pain.

I'm in fact hoping for Hardwick to stay just to watch them suffer more. Overrated list and false hopes. The way the tigers are going, I see a spoon for them coming.

Maybe we'll get to see these people again. :p;)

8e4115dd8abf67584abff12cbda0ca5e

Last edited:
Back