Poll: Dion Prestia or Adam Treloar

Who would you take?

• Don Presta

Votes: 59 35.3%
  • Adam Trelor

Votes: 108 64.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

This question cant be answered without appraising opportunity cost.

It really is Prestia + Caddy + Rioli vs Treloar.

On that basis the richmond trio not only beat Treloar, they lap him twice.
How did you come to that?

It's more like Prestia + Rioli for Treloar + half of Aish

Your club gave up a Pick 6 + future 2nd rounder for Prestia. Pretty close in comparison to me.

We got back 24 traded 24 for caddy and got an upgrade to 56 .

Not even close to the same .

Treloar is still the most expensive player in draft picks in the history of the Afl .

Treloar is still the most expensive player in draft picks in the history of the Afl .
Oh, I thought we were all just choosing to exclude 2nd round picks coming back each teams' way.

Ahh, no. The good thing about the current points system is it can be transferred to show the value of past trades.

3502 points (originally 2946 points*): Carey -> 2 + 18
3234 points: Lockett + 59 -> 5, 13 + 48 (St K also gained players) Note: 3-way trade - this is what St K gave up and received
3182 points (originally 2756 points*): Headland -> 3 + 19
2856 points: Bell + 39 -> 6 + 8 (NM also got Sinclair)
2815 points: Judd + 48 -> 3 + 20 (WC also got Kennedy)
2701 points: Treloar + 28 -> 7, 7 + 65
2663 points: Nathan Brown -> 6 + 20
2657 points: Jeff White + 22 -> 2 + 18
2629 points: Matthew Clarke -> 6 + 21
2596 points: Peter Everitt -> 6 + 22
2544 points: Beams + 65 -> 5 + 25 (Coll also got Crisp)
2536 points: O'Farrell -> 4 + 36

EDIT:
* The Carey and Headland trades were initially for 4 + 20 (2946 points) and 5 + 21 (2756 points) respectively, but came in 2 places after Carlton were stripped of picks 1 + 2.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ahh, no. The good thing about the current points system is it can be transferred to show the value of past trades.

3502 points: Carey -> 2 + 18
3234 points: Lockett + 59 -> 5, 13 + 48 (St K also gained players) Note: 3-way trade - this is what St K gave up and received
3182 points: Headland -> 3 + 19

Wow

Great research

Esteemed company no doubt . Premiership players , so he is the 6 th most expensive player in terms of draft picks in history .

Behind Lockett Carey Judd bell and headland . Take out Headland and treloar doesn't belong in that group . At least headland had played in a premiership .

Super expensive don't you agree

Wow

Great research

Esteemed company no doubt . Premiership players , so he is the 6 th most expensive player in terms of draft picks in history .

Behind Lockett Carey Judd bell and headland . Take out Headland and treloar doesn't belong in that group . At least headland had played in a premiership .

I agree that Treloar isn't in the same group as Lockett, Carey and Judd, although Carey was 31 and had been out of footy for 12 months when that deal was done. Bell while a great leader for mine isn't in the Lockett/Carey/Judd group either. Headland was extremely talented, but I agree outside of that group.

There's no doubt we paid a lot, but I think it's fair value and I'd do the same deal again even though I think we were ultimately stung a little by our poor 2016. Had we finished just one spot higher on the ladder Treloar would slot in between Clarke and Everitt. On a side note it will be interesting to see if clubs continue to back themselves in and gamble on future round picks in the longer term.

Wow

Great research

Locket never played in a premiership, fact is Prestia doesn't belong in the same sentence as Treloar, because Prestia is B grader and you had to pay him 700kpa to get his sig, ouch!!$

3502 points: Carey -> 2 + 18
3182 points: Headland -> 3 + 19

The Carey trade was actually for picks 4 and 18, it only became pick 2 after the trade period when Carlton was penalised. The correct points weighting should be 3019.

Stick your nose in a history book all you like. But the future tells me the tigers are in for a heap of pain.

I'm in fact hoping for Hardwick to stay just to watch them suffer more. Overrated list and false hopes. The way the tigers are going, I see a spoon for them coming.

Maybe we'll get to see these people again. :p;)

8e4115dd8abf67584abff12cbda0ca5e

I'm actually a bit worried now - if anyone is an expert on the subject of wooden spoons, it's the smart folks at Visy Park! :D

Blues are going to skyrocket up the ladder though, of course ;)

Oh I don't doubt that mate. Already got money on them winning the NEAFL premiership next year. :p

The Carey trade was actually for picks 4 and 18, it only became pick 2 after the trade period when Carlton was penalised. The correct points weighting should be 3019.
Thanks. I had a vague memory that Carlton may have been stripped after the trade was done, but ultimately NM still missed out on those picks. Wouldn't it adjust to 4 + 20 (2946 points) though? The Headland trade was the same year, which would adjust to 5 + 21 (2756 points).

Thanks. I had a vague memory that Carlton may have been stripped after the trade was done, but ultimately NM still missed out on those picks. Wouldn't it adjust to 4 + 20 (2946 points) though? The Headland trade was the same year, which would adjust to 5 + 21 (2756 points).

Yeah they should be shuffled due to the loss of 1 & 2 by Carlton. They traded their second round pick before it could be stripped so there's no additional shuffle beyond 2 spots.

Back