POLL - Do you support KNEELING?

Do you support the kneeling?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

You really are a right wing loon.

demondavey hasn’t been living/stuck in the 80s like yourself.

cant you read, the org that you worship is controlled by cop killers, security guard killers and a board member was sentenced to 57 years jail for terrorism, but apparently all that means is that i am stuck in the 80's

listen to yourself, seriously listen to yourself

sounds to me like you are the redneck

sounds to me like you take shots from behind your keyboard

sounds to me like you back terrorists and racists

sounds to me like you need the cultural training
Les, I have made the offers. Anytime you need a break from being a redneck keyboard warrior just call out.

Everything I have written I would say to your face and in public. You on the other hand...

Les, I have made the offers. Anytime you need a break from being a redneck keyboard warrior just call out.

Everything I have written I would say to your face and in public. You on the other hand...

the facts are before you, you are blinded by a cheap con job, a very cheap one, maybe that shows just how gullible some people can be

and FWIW i see you as the redneck keyboard warrior

and as for your last sentence, i am the same as most decent Australians would be, i would have no hesitation

I found you in hospital ward labelled: Redneck Looney.

That’s enough time wasted on you.

that's funny, when indisputable facts are presented to gullible people like yourselves, they just throw insults, it is the way of the weak left, rednecks being the preferred attempted insult today,

Joe Biden and BLM.

He's not taking a knee, but he is squatting. Memories of '68.
"Biden’s campaign is led by an older and whiter group of operatives who came of age during a political era when many Democrats saw large-scale protests for racial equality as inherently alienating to many white voters. In some quarters of the party, street protest brought back the traumas of 1968 and Nixon’s 32-state landslide."

Can someone please remind me what was the EXACT reason for AFL players to take a knee? There seems to be some confusion or at least various reasons in this thread as to why it was done.

Whist I realise that this has probably been addressed several times in this thread, and against my better judgement, at the risk that it'll cause you great offence, followed by dozens of outraged posts yelling "How dare they!":

Bulldogs defender Jason Johannisen, who spent the first eight years of his life in South Africa, declared he was "done doing nothing". "All I ask for you to do is simply, with an open heart, just listen and understand what people of colour have been through," the 2016 Norm Smith medallist wrote on social media.

AFL Players Association president Patrick Dangerfield said footballers felt a responsibility for the support not to be "tokenistic". "I think it's being there for them (AFL's Indigenous players), that they're comfortable with everything that's happening but also how can we improve it?" the Geelong superstar told reporters. "How can it be something more than that, that's ongoing and we facilitate and really drive real change within all Australians."

Dangerfield said Geelong and Hawthorn were yet to settle on the most appropriate way to acknowledge the movement during their match on Friday night. Hawks star Chad Wingard has recently been calling out racism in Australia via social media and has expressed frustration with a lack of diversity in the mainstream media.

"We've got some really passionate young Indigenous players (at Geelong) and we have to make sure we are educating our community better than we currently do," Dangerfield said.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl...oronavirus-investigation-20200611-p551iq.html

Poor widdle offended you. Did the bad bad football pwayers chawenge your world view? The one that has been dictated to you by those who do your thinking for you? You must be so terribly traumatised. No one has the right to say or do anything that may have any chance, no matter how slight, of offending you. Don't they realise that the world revolves around you and owes you big time.
Hey I know, whinge and b*tch and moan and complain. Do it infernally. Never shut up until you brow beat and bore people to death.

I genuinely don't even know if you replied to the right poster, this childish dribble makes little sense in replying to my post pointing out facts, not whinging. Also, at no point have I been offended over anything. Are you all there?

Aboriginals make up about 3% of our population yet make up 30% of our prison population. Aboriginal life expectancy is lower, they are less educated, significantly poorer etc. I mean white Australia really has done a great job at being inclusive and really putting the past behind them haven’t they? I mean we still have a huge issue with discrimination and racism in this country, and it’s got worse over the last 5 years or so.

So it's White Australia's fault that many Aboriginal kids choose not to go to school and their parents don't give a s**t?

Is it White Australia's fault that in many remote Aboriginal communities, the domestic violence rates are amongst the highest ever recorded anywhere in the world, which leads to a huge number of kids growing up with abuse and turning to drugs and crime.

The poorer thing is just connected to the educated thing. White Australian's are more obsessed with finishing school and going to university while many Aboriginal communities don't, which is why their average income is lower. It's a by-product of priorities.

Exactly which part of this is because all White Australian's are evil racists holding back Aboriginal people again?

So it's White Australia's fault that many Aboriginal kids choose not to go to school and their parents don't give a sh*t?

Is it White Australia's fault that in many remote Aboriginal communities, the domestic violence rates are amongst the highest ever recorded anywhere in the world, which leads to a huge number of kids growing up with abuse and turning to drugs and crime.

The poorer thing is just connected to the educated thing. White Australian's are more obsessed with finishing school and going to university while many Aboriginal communities don't, which is why their average income is lower. It's a by-product of priorities.

It's really concerning that you probably genuinely believe this and thought it was a solid argument.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So it's White Australia's fault that many Aboriginal kids choose not to go to school and their parents don't give a sh*t?

Exactly which part of this is because all White Australian's are evil racists holding back Aboriginal people again?
It is the White Australia Policy's fault that many of these issues became entrenched in Aboriginal communities. Yes.

It is the White Australia Policy's fault that many of these issues became entrenched in Aboriginal communities. Yes.
No it's not, it's white people's innate desire to be educated, nothing to do with centuries of marginalisation and displacement.

No it's not, it's white people's innate desire to be educated, nothing to do with centuries of marginalisation and displacement.

Aboriginals didn't value a traditional western education before white people came, they valued different things. But now after white people come, it's their fault aboriginals don't prioritize our education system... Which of course means they get paid less and get worse jobs. It's different cultures, rather than modern racism. Your white guilt is palpable, everything is the evil white man's fault am I right?

Are you ******* serious?
Totally serious, some random pos gets murdered by a stupid cop and the AFL starts taking a knee - we have no idea of the murder of George has anything to do with racism or otherwise so wondering if 'taking the knee' here just happened to be coincidental to the stuff going on in America or otherwise!

Aboriginals didn't value a traditional western education before white people came, they valued different things. But now after white people come, it's their fault aboriginals don't prioritize our education system... Which of course means they get paid less and get worse jobs. It's different cultures, rather than modern racism. Your white guilt is palpable, everything is the evil white man's fault am I right?

I am genuinely interested why you post this? Do you feel the need to have your point of view validated?

The one thing indigenous Australian's have been asking of others is to listen and not lecture.

This post highlights that we have a long way to go in this country. Lots of lecturing no listening.

I am genuinely interested why you post this? Do you feel the need to have your point of view validated?

The one thing indigenous Australian's have been asking of others is to listen and not lecture.

This post highlights that we have a long way to go in this country. Lots of lecturing no listening.

You're asking why people post opinions on an internet forum designed for people to post their opinions?

So you're literally saying only aboriginal people can talk about aboriginal issues.. Genius...

Well, a slight backpedal isn't bad.

Although I note that you're still placing the blame for indigenous Australians not engaging with an education system that excluded them for the majority of the existence of the country which is t surprising.

You're asking why people post opinions on an internet forum designed for people to post their opinions?

So you're literally saying only aboriginal people can talk about aboriginal issues.. Genius...

No mate you highlight my point, no need for abuse either.

I actually believe we can learn a lot from indigenous Australians, I am not saying we can not comment but my opinion that is very different to yours is that we should listen to them not lecture on 'our education system.'

relax

I genuinely don't even know if you replied to the right poster, this childish dribble makes little sense in replying to my post pointing out facts, not whinging. Also, at no point have I been offended over anything. Are you all there?
You'd better make another dozen posts about how outraged you are, whinging incessantly that no footballer has the right to raise awareness of the plight of Aboriginal people in our country if it offends you. The very idea that you not be totally ignorant is extremely offensive to you. I apologise for causing you such trauma.

Totally serious, some random pos gets murdered by a stupid cop and the AFL starts taking a knee - we have no idea of the murder of George has anything to do with racism or otherwise so wondering if 'taking the knee' here just happened to be coincidental to the stuff going on in America or otherwise!
Well if you paid attention to anything other than sky news you’d be able to correlate that the George Floyd death invoked a debate about black deaths by white offenders and that the taking a knee gesture showed support for more respect towards black rights.

Coincidental? Is that your best go at it?

Well if you paid attention to anything other than sky news you’d be able to correlate that the George Floyd death invoked a debate about black deaths by white offenders and that the taking a knee gesture showed support for more respect towards black rights.

Coincidental? Is that your best go at it?
But in America far more blacks are killed by blacks! Floyd's death may or may not have anything to do with his colour.

Have you actually read what you’ve written? There are also white people here that don’t value education. Lots of them, but different to indigenous Australians they have lesser odds stacked against them. In some Aboriginal communities there is simply no option re education. Are you aware of Aurukun? Whilst I acknowledge that parents can be poor role models from any walk of life, the issues within Aboriginal communities seem to flow down the generational line.

The stolen generation? Heard of that? Heard of closing the gap? The general consensus was just throwing money there. Well that failed. Ken Wyatt has made it pretty clear the strategies are complex and not answered by funding alone. If you wanted to clean up the white Australian issue do you just throw money at them? No, you get the core of what the issues are and drive change that way.

We need to understand Aboriginal people have different beliefs re life and values, and not provide a square peg for a round hole solution. I am sure some Aboriginal people can’t be helped because they refuse to pull their heads in, sure, but you need to start with the kids and adults that genuinely want to change.

Back