POLL - Do you support KNEELING?

Do you support the kneeling?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

But in America far more blacks are killed by blacks! Floyd's death may or may not have anything to do with his colour.
I think it’s fair to say that racism in America is pretty rife and that over the years black people have faced abhorrent abuses. It’s still rife. Clearly there is a problem with white officers and black people, otherwise there wouldn’t be such an issue. The tactics were a tad excessive in dealing with Floyd don’t you think?

I mean you only need to realise that a 14 year old was executed for a crime he didn’t commit and was actually exonerated decades later. I mean, if you’re cool with an innocent 14 year old getting electrocuted then maybe picture a freckle faced 14 year old Aussie kid getting accused of rape and murder and given a few thousands volts of juice.

I think it’s fair to say that racism in America is pretty rife and that over the years black people have faced abhorrent abuses. It’s still rife. Clearly there is a problem with white officers and black people, otherwise there wouldn’t be such an issue. The tactics were a tad excessive in dealing with Floyd don’t you think?

I mean you only need to realise that a 14 year old was executed for a crime he didn’t commit and was actually exonerated decades later. I mean, if you’re cool with an innocent 14 year old getting electrocuted then maybe picture a freckle faced 14 year old Aussie kid getting accused of rape and murder and given a few thousands volts of juice.

Yep, the US is pretty stuffed and BLM is doing nothing to make it better. I don't call the tactics that led to Floyd being 'a tad excessive', I simply call it murder but my point still stands that we don't know what the cop did due to skin colour or just being a prick in general.

No mate you highlight my point, no need for abuse either.

I actually believe we can learn a lot from indigenous Australians, I am not saying we can not comment but my opinion that is very different to yours is that we should listen to them not lecture on 'our education system.'

relax
Listen to all Indigenous or just those that side with your Bias?

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yep, the US is pretty stuffed and BLM is doing nothing to make it better. I don't call the tactics that led to Floyd being 'a tad excessive', I simply call it murder but my point still stands that we don't know what the cop did due to skin colour or just being a prick in general.
Well it’s clearly inspired something over there. I mean there’s an elephant in the room making lots of noise. Kind of think the Floyd incident was a catalyst.

As a white Australian male, I can categorically say that I’ve never personally experienced racism towards me. I wonder why that is? Private school education, middle class upbringing, white collar occupation, blue blood electorate. Interesting that the racism and discrimination is directed towards the minorities, always.

As an Anglo white male in Australia, you’ve been able to well and truly hide in plain sight. I’ve been to many places in the world and I’ve never ever been or felt an iota of discrimination.

As a white Australian male, I can categorically say that I’ve never personally experienced racism towards me. I wonder why that is? Private school education, middle class upbringing, white collar occupation, blue blood electorate. Interesting that the racism and discrimination is directed towards the minorities, always.

As an Anglo white male in Australia, you’ve been able to well and truly hide in plain sight. I’ve been to many places in the world and I’ve never ever been or felt an iota of discrimination.
Where do you live sounds like paradise

Yeah/nah - I've been called a white 'chap' countless times but after a while you just take it as a casual sledge rather than taking actual offence.

I’ve been to many places in the world and I’ve never ever been or felt an iota of discrimination.
Doubtful.

I've been to many Asian countries where I was most certainly discriminately treated for being white. I have don't have much of an issue with this though.

Have you actually read what you’ve written? There are also white people here that don’t value education. Lots of them, but different to indigenous Australians they have lesser odds stacked against them. In some Aboriginal communities there is simply no option re education. Are you aware of Aurukun? Whilst I acknowledge that parents can be poor role models from any walk of life, the issues within Aboriginal communities seem to flow down the generational line.

The stolen generation? Heard of that? Heard of closing the gap? The general consensus was just throwing money there. Well that failed. Ken Wyatt has made it pretty clear the strategies are complex and not answered by funding alone. If you wanted to clean up the white Australian issue do you just throw money at them? No, you get the core of what the issues are and drive change that way.

We need to understand Aboriginal people have different beliefs re life and values, and not provide a square peg for a round hole solution. I am sure some Aboriginal people can’t be helped because they refuse to pull their heads in, sure, but you need to start with the kids and adults that genuinely want to change.

surely you should take a knee for the white working class British .....

but i am guessing you don't have a clue, in fact i would bet on it

grin.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

surely you should take a knee for the white working class British .....

but i am guessing you don't have a clue, in fact i would bet on it

grin.....
Clearly this is a cultural problem, bad choices are being made and they need to lift themselves up by their own bootstraps.

Listen to all Indigenous or just those that side with your Bias?

Ummm listening to indigenous Australian's is not bias it is common sense. Would have thought saying listening to indigenous Australians is a self evident statement.

What bias are you referring to??

You are telling the story as usual

Last edited:
I've just spent the last 20 odd minutes having a look at Jacinta Price's facebook page, quite an interesting read if you want to have a look at indigenous issues from an Indigenous leader.

It would be interesting to know how many indigenous Australians see Jacinta Price as a good leader and spokesperson for their community. It seems her biggest fans are all white people...

'Chap' was my nice way of saying campaigner!
You’ve probably been called white ‘chap’ a handful of times. Aboriginal people have probably been called the same or worse more times than they can remember. You also get the benefit of your slur carrying no weight of history; white ‘chap’ has never been associated with being less than human.

That’s without going into all the other ways Aboriginal people can be demeaned.

Back