POLL - Do you support KNEELING?

Do you support the kneeling?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah you can call it what you like, it just shows you have no idea what a study is. You really need to take those rose coloured glasses off.

Like I've said previously please provide evidence of your claims and we can discuss that instead.

I have zero interest in discussing surveys with zero credibility

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app
Don't bother, these guys only post their feelings and have nothing to back up their claims.

What's your definition of a study?
Someone else's words :

A study is scientific research focused on a particular hypothesis, or a particular relationship (e.g. obesity and poverty); in non-scientific contexts, it can be the exploration of a particular subject (the causes of a civil war, say, or the literary works of an author).
A survey typically involves the posing of questions to a population of respondents whose size is statistically significant. Surveys are often used in the social sciences.

Don't bother, these guys only post their feelings and have nothing to back up their claims.
Mate, you're responding to a bloke who dismissed four studies backed by different organisations because one of them had a survey as part of its methodology.
Someone else's words :

A study is scientific research focused on a particular hypothesis, or a particular relationship (e.g. obesity and poverty); in non-scientific contexts, it can be the exploration of a particular subject (the causes of a civil war, say, or the literary works of an author).
Haha, you couldn't even do it in your own words. Christ on a bike.

Sorry mate, if you can't even explain what a study is, you've run your race.

A lot of the protests were about police treatment of indigenous Australians including disproportionate arrest rates and denial of care in custody.

I'm not really sure if you're referring about all general custody detainees or just Indigenous as (as you may or may not know) there are laws in place which give greater requirements for care of Aboriginals in custody over anyone else from the time of arrest.

Mate, you're responding to a bloke who dismissed four studies backed by different organisations because one of them had a survey as part of its methodology.

Haha, you couldn't even do it in your own words. Christ on a bike.

Sorry mate, if you can't even explain what a study is, you've run your race.
Some of your finest work

If you have a few hours to spare go read the 4 surveys, no evidence just peoples opinions but none the less you might come up with a different interpretation.

Yes, please do. I hope bzparkes can make it past the introduction, unlike you.

Absolutely:
On the effects of racism on Indigenous Australians' outcomes:

Racism is a key determinant of the health of Indigenous Australians that may explain the unremitting gap in health and socioeconomic outcomes between Indigenous and non-Indigenous Australians. We quantified the population-based prevalence of experiences of racism of Indigenous adults in the Australian state of Victoria and investigated whether this was independent of social determinants and lifestyle risk factors.
Racism directed against Indigenous Victorians is significant and cannot be ascribed to any specific attributes such as socioeconomic status or lifestyle risk factors.

On discrimination faced by Indigenous Australians from Beyond Blue and TNS: https://www.beyondblue.org.au/docs/...n-against-indigenous-australians.pdf?sfvrsn=2

Here's a part I think is key for you and ComradeDan26:

Many do not recognise examples of discriminatory behaviour as forms of discrimination. Many people do not recognise subtly discriminatory acts as forms of discrimination.
  • Almost half (46 per cent) do not recognise moving away from an Indigenous Australian when they sit near them as an act of discrimination and even one in 10 (9 per cent) do not recognise direct examples of discrimination in the form of verbal abuse as an act of discrimination.
Here's one on how systemic racism is a factor in the over-representation of Indigenous Australians in crime stats:https://www.humanrightscommission.v...ownload/8360_b90f418c546c3e033b1c2ffe84f99a73

Here's an interesting tidbit from page 89:

The differences in juvenile arrest rates between racial groups can also be seen in Figure 7, and additionally in Table 11. As the data show, compared with non-Aborigines, Aboriginal juveniles were:
• 9 times more likely to be physically arrested by the police,
• 8 times more likely to be summonsed,
• 2.7 times more likely to be cautioned, and
• 5.7 times more likely to be dealt with in other ways.15
In total, Aboriginal juveniles were over-represented in their formal contact with police by a factor of 6.4. Aboriginal adults were also over-represented in formal processing by police by the same factor (6.4).

They were also likely to be charged and processed for the same crime as their non-Indigenous counterparts.

Here's on one education and racism for good measure. It's not the full text, but you get the drift: https://www.researchgate.net/public..._Strait_Islander_students_A_systematic_review

Happy reading! I'm looking forward to your changed opinion based on what's actually happened in our country rather than extrapolations of research you haven't seen.

Yes, please do. I hope bzparkes can make it past the introduction.
I did actually learn something:

People see what they want to find and what aligns with there bias , logic and thinking take a back seat.

Case in point you have no evidence but you actually believe you do because your not looking at it objectively.

So I learned if others can do that, there's every chance I can do the same, so be conscious of this when researching

Hopefully you can learn from this to and can see when your not looking at something objectively.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not really sure if you're referring about all general custody detainees or just Indigenous as (as you may or may not know) there are laws in place which give greater requirements for care of Aboriginals in custody over anyone else from the time of arrest.
I'm sure he knows this and as such is keeping silent

It's their right to be offended, just as much as it's people's right to take a knee.

There shouldn't be any consequences for either and both sides should just get over it.

Unfortunately I think everyone jumping on board just dilutes from the original message though and is somewhat narcissistic, bit like me standing in front of an ADF tank to protest Tiananmen square.

I'm not sure a bunch of white guys in Australia kneeling will have much difference to a political issue in the USA but if they feel compelled to do it then be my guest.
My comment was in response to your claim you’re more bothered by ‘lefties’ because they are whining throughout this thread. Not only is it incorrect, you’ve waved away the ‘whining’ from the ‘right’ as their right. Double standards, much?

I thought the kneeling was a good thing, and it raise awareness and discussion in the community about Aboriginal deaths in custody.

I always find it interesting how those from the far right vigorously demand their right to 'free speech' even when it involves making blatantly racist statements (think Bolt and Jones et al), yet when others want to make a completely reasonable, peaceful and uniting gesture that is at odds with their extremist right wing views, they howl with offence, want to stop it, and won't shut up about it. That this thread has now reached 100 paged of mainly offended righties, angrily demanding that the freedoms of others be curtailed is testament to that.
They're a tiny but extremely noisy minority who get deeply offended by anyone from the middle ground expressing even the most moderate and reasonable opinion that is at odds with their own twisted world view. If they hadn't been emboldened by the Murdochs, Abbotts and Trumps, of this world, they and their nasty small mindedness and pea heartedness would still be living under a log.

Except aboriginals die in custody at a lower rate than white Australians.. So why exactly does this issue need to be discussed?

If I was an aboriginal there is higher risk that I break the law & end up in jail.
As an aboriginal while in custody I am safer as I am treated a lot better once inside. There is less chance that I would die in custody..this is a fact.
These are the cold hard statistics..

Except aboriginals die in custody at a lower rate than white Australians.. So why exactly does this issue need to be discussed?
Poor widdle offended you. Did the bad bad football pwayers chawenge your world view? The one that has been dictated to you by those who do your thinking for you? You must be so terribly traumatised. No one has the right to say or do anything that may have any chance, no matter how slight, of offending you. Don't they realise that the world revolves around you and owes you big time.
Hey I know, whinge and bitch and moan and complain. Do it infernally. Never shut up until you brow beat and bore people to death.

Poor widdle offended you. Did the bad bad football pwayers chawenge your world view? The one that has been dictated to you by those who do your thinking for you? You must be so terribly traumatised. No one has the right to say or do anything that may have any chance, no matter how slight, of offending you. Don't they realise that the world revolves around you and owes you big time.
Hey I know, whinge and b*tch and moan and complain. Do it infernally. Never shut up until you brow beat and bore people to death.
>Here's my point, and statistics & information to prove my point.

>LOL TRIGGERED CIS WHITE MAN, SO OFFENDED REEE.

Seriously, this is the left in a nutshell. This is why you lot aren't taken seriously.

Back