POLL - Do you support KNEELING?

Do you support the kneeling?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

I would definitely kneel for MLK.

No, that's not a typo. It's Martin Luther King Jnr.

I'm old enough and cautiously progressive enough to know the difference.

Stupid logic - just because I believe in someone kneeling in peaceful protest does not mean I am not upset by something else. I am pleased the perpetrator has been arrested.

This look over there debate is a false moral equivalence and intellectually weak.

Let's get back to the thread - Do you support kneeling ?

Currently running at 67 % yes 33% no

Do I support it? As in the right to do it? Absolutely. Without question.

I also support just as strongly the right not to either.

Do I support it? As in the right to do it? Absolutely. Without question.

I also support just as strongly the right not to either.

Good post, have never said there should be the right not to (this has always existed) - do find those who are getting offended and angry about the act of kneeling as hypocritical.

Resist arrest in America = Bang! even we know that here in Oz.
Yep. Criminals in Australia have also been shot by police for possessing a weapon such as a knife and resisting arrest. It's common and good policing to take down the criminal. The reason the left have their knickers in a knot is because they can politicise a black man being shot by a white cop to their advantage.

NBA season back underway. They solved the racism problem in record time.
Possibly, alternatively America might find itself in the situation where some of the highest profile people in world are speaking out very forcefully against injustice in their country which could become very uncomfortable. This was an interesting article from John Amaechi.

Depends. Plenty of the people they are pushing as martyrs are low life crims.

George Floyd is now a martyr but he was a scumbag who left behind victims.

Good peoples lives matter, scumbags lives not so much.

"They" would not have had an issue had the guy not been murdered. That's why he became a martyr.

If he'd just been treated like a random criminal who had committed a crime, brought to justice and put in jail, you would not have seen the reaction it got.

The police were entirely to blame for that incident.

Yes, The same piece of sh*t who was executed for a fake 20 dollar bill. I agree he shouldnt be a martyr, But he is

Why?

Because he was executed in cold blood because of a two tiered policing system in the USA. You can try to shift the goal posts to "Well he was a sh*t person to unrelated horrific thing that happened to him is justified" It aint right. Dont excuse Killers.

The guy you're arguing with has spent pages and pages defending a terrorist who illegally acquired an assault rifle and went to a location looking for people to murder.

Best not to bother.

Black Lives Matter has spent a great deal of time and energy defining what is and is not a racist response to current events. Black lives don’t seem to matter as much when it comes to black victims of black perpetrators, black police officers and black casualties of anarchist violence. Innocent 8 yr old black girl Secoria Turner doesn't mean anything to the BLM agenda! It's a Marxist agenda to dismantle American law and order...

"They" would not have had an issue had the guy not been murdered. That's why he became a martyr.

If he'd just been treated like a random criminal who had committed a crime, brought to justice and put in jail, you would not have seen the reaction it got.

The police were entirely to blame for that incident.

The Police were to blame.

But the Police also did it to a white guy in exact same manner long before Floyd became news.

It's only because Floyd was black that this blew up like it did.

Has it been proven it was racially motivated?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But the Police also did it to a white guy in exact same manner long before Floyd became news.

Not sure why you brought up the police doing the same thing to a white person as some kind of gotcha. That's also wrong - the police are the problem. There should be protests and riots every time the police extra-judiciously murder anyone and are then defended by the State.

It's hard for us to deductively reason if it was racially motivated or not. Have the police officers admitted it was? Probably not and probably never will.

It blew up like it did because the initial response was to back up the police and not to arrest them. One of the motivators of the initial protests were for them all to be brought to justice. It took three days for that to happen, despite there being video footage for the whole world to see. It's the fact that they were presumed to have not done something wrong that triggered it.

You'll see a similar thing kick off if the police officers walk once it goes to court, much like George Zimmerman.

Possibly, alternatively America might find itself in the situation where some of the highest profile people in world are speaking out very forcefully against injustice in their country which could become very uncomfortable. This was an interesting article from John Amaechi.
The point I originally made in regards to the NBA was that their support will last as long as their hip pocket allows. Roughly a day in this case.

Given their fan base in China is infinitely higher than their US base, why not use their platform to call out the disgraceful human rights issues currently going on in China? Oh yeah, money.

Also I think you'll find the average man on the street doesn't feel the need to be lectured to by someone who makes millions of dollars a year by playing a game.

I highly doubt it'll even be proven it's murder. I'd stay in your homes when the police in question beat these trumped up charges.

Not sure why you brought up the police doing the same thing to a white person as some kind of gotcha. That's also wrong - the police are the problem. There should be protests and riots every time the police extra-judiciously murder anyone and are then defended by the State.

It's hard for us to deductively reason if it was racially motivated or not. Have the police officers admitted it was? Probably not and probably never will.

It blew up like it did because the initial response was to back up the police and not to arrest them. One of the motivators of the initial protests were for them all to be brought to justice. It took three days for that to happen, despite there being video footage for the whole world to see. It's the fact that they were presumed to have not done something wrong that triggered it.

You'll see a similar thing kick off if the police officers walk once it goes to court, much like George Zimmerman.

Then perhaps the way to unite everyone was to attack the issue by starting a "citizens lives matter" if it's about abuse of Police powers.

Imagine how differently it may have turned out using that angle.

Nope, it was never proven that it was racially motivated. But given it was a white cop and a black victim, systemic racism is the only explanation to the left. They literally don't want to hear any other argument.

The media and left wing groups promote a sick agenda and it has dire consequences, as it brainwashes people who don't have the ability to think for themselves, like this racist.

'AutoZone stabbing suspect “felt the need to find a white male to kill,” police say in court testimony.

Mills told the court that when he Hatchett why he stabbed the AutoZone employee, Hatchett said he “felt the need to find a white male to kill” after watching videos of police brutality happening across the country.'

If we're lucky we might see some South African sports stars commenting on the horrific murder rates of white farmers in that country, but I won't hold my breath.

I still don't understand how kneeling is offensive to people?

it's not kneeling which is the problem, many people have a problem the BLM organisation, and for entirely justifiable reasons. You can support equality without supporting the corrupt BLM organisation, which actually doesn't care about Black people as much as it claims, because it completely ignores all the major problems facing black people and black communities.

If we're lucky we might see some South African sports stars commenting on the horrific murder rates of white farmers in that country, but I won't hold my breath.
Racism is only White on Minority bias, there is no such perception of racism toward the white race. The sad part is this lie is perpetrated by left leaning whites to suit their agenda, be that self flagellation or virtue signalling.

it's not kneeling which is the problem, many people have a problem the BLM organisation, and for entirely justifiable reasons. You can support equality without supporting the corrupt BLM organisation, which actually doesn't care about Black people as much as it claims, because it completely ignores all the major problems facing black people and black communities.
Exactly. A large portion of Antifa and BLM are paid domestic terrorists. It's videos like the one below that we should be outraged about, but the media don't even care and refuse to report on it. Their primary concern is to keep up the false 'all cops hate black men' narrative and to ensure violence continues on the streets. Never bend a knee for this filth.

Back