• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Schnitzengruben

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 4, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon

This keg on legs with the mob by her side are laughing because allegedly a Trump/Blue Lives Matter supporter was murdered.

I still don't understand how kneeling is offensive to people?
I think Alan Jones and Andrew Bolt drones live in a bubble where their ideology is never challenged. When they come across a view different to that dictated to them by the Murdoch media, they really can't handle it. They have nowhere near the self awareness to see the irony of demanding their right to free speech when they want to spew intolerance and hatred, yet are highly offended by and want to silence those who seek to promote tolerance. More to be pitied than laughed at though, because most of them are pretty simple and unsophisticated people who have had their irrational fears validated and then used as a tool to manipulate them.

Jun 7, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Falcons
I think Alan Jones and Andrew Bolt drones live in a bubble where their ideology is never challenged. When they come across a view different to that dictated to them by the Murdoch media, they really can't handle it. They have nowhere near the self awareness to see the irony of demanding their right to free speech when they want to spew intolerance and hatred, yet are highly offended by and want to silence those who seek to promote tolerance. More to be pitied than laughed at though, because most of them are pretty simple and unsophisticated people who have had their irrational fears validated and then used as a tool to manipulate them.
If you don't think the tolerant left have just any many examples of this, you have zero self awareness

queensberryrules

Club Legend
Aug 16, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
This little fad seems to be over in Australia. Haven't seen anyone outside Mass kneeling recently. Such sacrifice. Who would have guessed it was only superficial puffery?

Though much more serious in the USA. Matt Walsh has his take. TRIGGER WARNING - it may be quite upsetting.

Jul 12, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
Carlton
This keg on legs with the mob by her side are laughing because allegedly a Trump/Blue Lives Matter supporter was murdered.

discourse these days is just memes and schadenfreude. people win their culture wars through the ground they gain in upsetting people with their ms paint skills.
principles... who needs them. as long as my side is the winning side.

as for the topic itself... many indigenous deaths in australian custody appear to be of natural causes. while not quite the recent violent history of usa, it begs other questions, such as neglect.
i doubt that kneeling is the only instance many people have shown some sort of thought to this particular issue. kneeling may be a visual symbol of the blm zeitgeist, but its vacuity depends on the individual themselves rather than the gesture. the questionable treatment of, and efforts to support our indigenous isn't a new topic after all, but there's often news-worthy instances where it enters the collective conscious of people oblivious to it.

Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
No, no, actually it only matters if its about supporting criminal blacks who get their comeuppance from the cops. Don't be silly thinking its about real societal injustice and actual victim support.
You define comeuppance as summary execution? Don't believe in basic democratic rights such as a fair trial? Sound a little like an anarchist.

queensberryrules

Club Legend
Aug 16, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Collingwood Football Club take a knee against Geelong, and are now the only club in the AFL supporting the BLM organization. All other clubs have been shown to be disengenuous headline grabbers. Only the Pies were willing to take a knee for a staggering 3 and half quarters.

Collingwood Football Club take a knee against Geelong, and are now the only club in the AFL supporting the BLM organization. All other clubs have been shown to be disengenuous headline grabbers. Only the Pies were willing to take a knee for a staggering 3 and half quarters.
Worst thread bump of the year.

Ban yourself.

Jan 31, 2007
In N Out
AFL Club
Carlton
I still don't understand how kneeling is offensive to people?

I think it's perfectly okay to choose to kneel, or choose not to kneel. I'm all for people having the space to make personal choice. I do question the depth of sincerity in this spontaneous mimicry, but that's a different matter.

It's the dark side of all this that concerned me; of people feeling coerced or compelled into playing along though fear of being condemned for not. The more recent cricket team stuff is an example of how this type of thing can eventually play out. That s**t ain't cool IMO.

Back