• Hate to say it, but prefer the loss

Votes: 44 34.9%
  • Desperate to lose for the draft!

Votes: 19 15.1%
  • I hate norf, I like a different club, so I shouldn't be voting

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Desperate to win - I just imagine that if we do win, there is no son of a bitch anywhere in the footy community that would dare to question our clubs integrity, ever.

I don't know if we can win, odds are certainly stacked against us, but how often do you get to send such a strong message about what makes your club tick. To me it says that even though we had a poor season, we are still, and always will be, a better club than all that other trash in the competition.

So win god damn you.

It doesn't matter if we win the media and all the other nuffies will still question our integrity, just like they did when we strategically had the bye before the bye was introduced.
We were basically called cheats, yet there is no rule that said you can't rest your team and teams often do rest players.
We lost that game and we are cheats.
We are tainted in the media, only a few ex players got it and have gone into bat for us, it's a story and it suits them and the AFL to cast aspersions on our integrity.

Who won he spoon is 1991, 1996, 2000, 2007, 2012?

Without googling...

No campaigner remembers who won the spoon in any given year.
If I supported those teams I would know........but I don't support them.

I support North and I know our last spoon was in 1972 and I wasn't even alive for it. (not by too much!)

Grave danger of it happening now and I can tell you that I will always remember it and the way it feels.

Last edited:

If I supported those teams I would know........but I don't support them.

I support North and I know our last spoon was in 1972 and I wasn't even alive for it. (not by too much!)

Grave danger of it happening now and I can tell you that I will always remember it and the way it feels.

If a spoon led to a flag or 2, i couldnt give a rats arse. I still feel joy from the '96 & '99 flags and the decade they were in. Much more than feelings of despair for the shitful 80's we endured.

If a spoon led to a flag or 2, i couldnt give a rats arse. I still feel joy from the '96 & '99 flags and the decade they were in. Much more than feelings of despair for the shitful 80's we endured.
Fair enough. Each to their own.

The spoon is what it is to me.

I'm not into getting the paintbrush out.

If a spoon led to played some part in helping to deliver a flag or 2, i couldnt give a rats arse. I still feel joy from the '96 & '99 flags and the decade they were in. Much more than feelings of despair for the shitful 80's we endured.
efa

I don't think we will win, but not for lack of trying.

The Injury list has just taken it's toll and the Lions are finding some form.

I want to win the game, theres little difference between the first couple of picks.

Want us to win for Thommo's 200th. If Kelly nominates us he ain't walking to psd anyway, so apart from getting the best rookie pick and pick of talent, I don't see much difference between pick 1-4 talent wise and it'd be nice to finish the season with a win for those young kids because winning is infectious.

This game is an example of a win/win lose/lose scenario.
On the one hand:-
If we win it's great news for our young guys, if we lose we get Pick 1.

On the other hand:-
If we win we drop to Pick 4, if we lose we lose our proud record of not finishing last.

I'll be shouting for a victory but looking forward to Pick 1.

In truth, if the named 22 can beat Brisbane on their home turf, it would really bode well for the future. However, my brain tells me we haven't a prayer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 extra win against the bottom team (because thats what they'd be) will make no difference. Where as pick 1 V 4 and the no1 PSD pick are massive.

Whilst you may argue difference between picks 1 and 2 isn't great, difference between picks 1 and 4 is potentially significant.
But luckily for us, I don't think that either supporters or coaches will need agonize over this game - we can do our best, but we will still lose comfortably on form, therefore pick 1 should be safely in our hands. Are we supposed to be happy with that? Well, that depends on how likely we are to rise back up quickly. I am not 100% sure about where our list is at. Going by the first half of the season, we seem to be a lot closer than it looks on the ladder. However, a few injuries have exposed us greatly, and I am still not sold on a lot of the young players on the list.

Whilst Clarke and Mountford seem like good players for the future (although still unsure whether they can be part of a premiership midfield or not and where their ceiling is), but I am not sold on Wagner and Durdin. One lacks composure, the other one lacks urgency. And we still have plenty of dead wood to clear.

Let's just put in a good effort, get pick 1 and then see what transpires in the off season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the "wooden spoon" thing is massively overplayed.

Essentially every year there is 1 winner and 17 losers.

The fact larger benefits come from losing worse, meaning it's a better result for next year, outweighs any spoon negativity IMHO.

Finishing 9-12 is far worse than last, means a failed year and no flow-on benefits.
That's all well and good provided we can get back in the hunt quickly. If not, finishing 9-12 gives you a better shot at the finals, because it means you only missed out by a game or two.

That's all well and good provided we can get back in the hunt quickly. If not, finishing 9-12 gives you a better shot at the finals, because it means you only missed out by a game or two.

I think with some injury luck and better final quarter composure we were clearly good enough to finish 9th this year. The comp is very even at the moment.

Unfortunately didn't turn out that way, but I'm still very confident we are not far off the best teams despite what our ladder position suggests. (and happier we're last than 9th in the circumstances)

Add Kelly and a better run with injuries, we're straight back in the hunt for mine.

Don't all teams start on zero wins?

You can't manufacture a winning culture, always go for the win. I can however, appreciate the opportunities a loss will bring to our club. Despite this, I'd still go for the win everytime.

Who won he spoon is 1991, 1996, 2000, 2007, 2012?

Without googling...

No campaigner remembers who won the spoon in any given year.

Probably the Saints. They're pretty good at being s**t.

Back