List Mgmt. Poll: If we get picks 2 AND 3, who do we take?

If we get pick 1 and 2, who do we take?

• Reid and Curtin

Votes: 62 33.9%
  • Reid and Watson

Votes: 61 33.3%
  • Reid and McKercher

Votes: 38 20.8%
  • Reid and trade out 2 (elaborate)

Votes: 15 8.2%
  • Other (elaborate)

Votes: 7 3.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Wish we'd got that pick off GC. Sanders would've been really nice as part of our draft haul. Can dream we get into the 5-10 area and get him anyway.

As for 2+3 now: Duursma + Watson
He wont get passed the Dawks.......

Any combo of Duursma, Watson, Sanders and McKercher is going to have a direct impact on improvement next year:

Sanders brings smarts, composure and run-all-day ability to gather possessions. Imagine him with Sheeze.

Watson fills a direct need while still being one of the top 3 talented kids in the draft. A live-wire to make something out of nothing. Also kicks bags for fun.

Kerch runs all day and the prospect of him, Wardlaw, Sheeze and Phillips together would turn us into one of the worst defensive running teams to one of the better. He is also lightning in space.

Duursma would straighten us up massively across HF. He clunks marks like a mini-mckernan, is super footysmart and silky as well.

2 of the 4 is going to awesome.

The head says Duursma and McKercher.

The heart says Watson and Sanders.

I mean I picked Reid and McKercher, only because there is not a great chance that we pick Curtin as part of any deal for 1 with WC.

I think we eventually need a handful of bigger bodies across all the lines to be able to better win more contested ball situations right across the ground. So potentially its not McKercher and its Dursma.

Zurhar moving to the midfield was a good idea, and I am hopeful he keeps learning that position and makes it a more permanent move. Ried will almost certainly go to half back considering the losses through movement and retirements down there, and I can imagine the other top pick potentially moving there too is we bring sheezel across to a wing/forward role (which although so difficult to get involved in the game depending on how the system deploys them, I think he has the ability to make it a super damaging position both offensively and defensively for us with his attributes and ability). It all depends on what they all actually look like next year, and how we can best deploy them to take advantage of them.

McKercher and either Duursma or Curtin. I don't think Duursma fills a need, but he looks like an amazing talent, while Curtin does feel a defensive need but the WA factor could come into play.

Back