Remove this Banner Ad

Lost_Deputy

Premiership Player
Sep 9, 2013
Bundeena
AFL Club
Fremantle
Hey guys!

Been some really interesting points of view coming out in the aftermath of Bloody Sunday. Keen to hear where you currently sit on our prospects for getting a flag.

Sorry if I didn't get close to your preference. Feel free to throw it in the thread and we can add it in.

EDIT: changed the poll so member's names are hidden.

Last edited:

It's way too early in the season to write us off after one belting in Antarctica. If we get back to playing the kind of footy we were in the first eight rounds, which I think we will starting this week with Carlton, we can charge into the finals. It's all about hitting your straps at the right time.
Stay optimistic, otherwise go follow the hockey.

From Rd1 through to the game vs North, the standard of play we generally had in those weeks, I felt was good enough for a title. If we can get back to that standard of play, we are good enough. Though changes I feel still need to be made given how last few weeks without Johnno. If we get him back and we are playing like first few weeks we are, but it is still possible, we might need the likes of Weller and co, just to help with a bit of X-Factor.

A qualified yes from me: with some luck and some hard work our best is good enough.

Our best is good enough, but we need:
  • our best 22 fit and hungry
  • Johnson back to provide some attacking transition
  • our forward line to find some goal scoring form on way or another - structurally, tactically, whatever.
  • work on our stoppages and centre clearances, because what was a strength early in the year doesn't seem to be anymore.

Yes it is.
My only concern is we have never been a side that can flick our form on and off, such as a tigers or a North who can get thumped one week, then thump a team the next.
I'm hardly ever critical of Ross, but I think he's played it a bit safe as far as personnel this year.
I love the way the media jump on and off teams so quickly, it's a marathon not a sprint.

What's more evident this year than previous years is the sense that we are on a bit of a precipice.
We are top of the table and have showed form that is as good as we have seen our side play. We also now concerns and issues that have grown from fairly minor gripes that have not been addressed.
We have this huge potential while also these gut wrenching doubts. It's tough going right now.

I can't vote for any of the above.

Yes we can win it but need minor tweeks not major. We need to find a little bit more speed and skill which means we have to be brave at selection between now and end regular season to see if ANY of the wafl players have it. We all have our favourites but obviously it's now up to the coaching panel to see if there is any diamonds or rough diamonds there to do it. Our draw is good going home let's see who stands the pressure. There is no point not trying otherwise we are in the same boat. Players that I'd like to see are griff, Blakey , Weller, Duffy , Moller, Langdon, Tabbs and Mz to have more continuation. Now don't bring them all at once, one ,two at a time and see what happens. Some people raise to the challenge. Anywat that's my two bucks worth.

All in all we in it up to boot laces. I'm still confident.

I can't vote for any of the above.

Yes we can win it but need minor tweeks not major. We need to find a little bit more speed and skill which means we have to be brave at selection between now and end regular season to see if ANY of the wafl players have it. We all have our favourites but obviously it's now up to the coaching panel to see if there is any diamonds or rough diamonds there to do it. Our draw is good going home let's see who stands the pressure. There is no point not trying otherwise we are in the same boat. Players that I'd like to see are griff, Blakey , Weller, Duffy , Moller, Langdon, Tabbs and Mz to have more continuation. Now don't bring them all at once, one ,two at a time and see what happens. Some people raise to the challenge. Anywat that's my two bucks worth.

All in all we in it up to boot laces. I'm still confident.
Would
"Yes, but we need some tweaks" do it?

By September Ross will have the boys up and running, you wait and see. Our footy stands up when it matters and i think we still have a massive shot at the premiership this year.

In Ross We Trust

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our best isnt good enough against the Hawks at the G.

Against Sydney and WCE book your grand final tickets as good chance we can win.

The Hawks have a better list, MCG advantage and their game plan destroys us 8/10 times as Ross refuses to adapt. Whens the last time Ross had a tactical win against Clarkson?

Our best isnt good enough against the Hawks at the G.

Against Sydney and WCE book your grand final tickets as good chance we can win.

The Hawks have a better list, MCG advantage and their game plan destroys us 8/10 times as Ross refuses to adapt. Whens the last time Ross had a tactical win against Clarkson?
History counts for nothing. He'll bring it at the big dance.

History counts for nothing. He'll bring it at the big dance.

Actually history does count if you don't learn from the mistakes. Ross had 3 shots at flag and he refused to change the game plan.

Back