Mr Fonebone

Club Legend
Sep 10, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
West Ham
Jlo for me. Has a good CV and is highly regarded. Has worked as a defensive coach and forwards coach. Only heard good things about him.
Plus is a Freo boy and that does mean something.

poshman

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 13, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
I would rather Ross than a lot of those listed.

I voted 'Other' as I wouldn't mind Burns or Glass (Don't know much about glass except that he is learning under the best). I think the assistant positions will be very interesting. Hoping we get an experienced second.

Belnakor

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 10, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
I would prefer to merge this with the Next Coach... thread and have the poll there, but I'm getting by pretending I know what I'm doing with this forum software as it is and I don't want to break the poll here or the thread there.

So that's why there are two threads, at least for now. My objective is to merge them together into one.

Once the season is over I'm going to merge all of the Coach threads into one super thread of the past and have clear air into the future.

you have already merged too many threads into one super thread. Keep them seperate.

Jun 25, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
Jlo for me. Has a good CV and is highly regarded. Has worked as a defensive coach and forwards coach. Only heard good things about him.
Plus is a Freo boy and that does mean something.

I agree on JLo however seriously disagree that being a Freo boy should mean something, it should mean nothing and could even be a point against him. They should be picking the best available without any emotional ties or favouritism due to playing career.

A lot of clubs who have recently picked favourite sons haven't exactly had success, off the top of my head Voss, Leppitsch, Hird and Primus. There are certainly some that have had success at their former playing club but it really shouldn't be a positive when making the decision.

freo1997

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 6, 2011
munster
AFL Club
Fremantle
Just listened to the Krock interview with Jlo...he’s a bit Stuttery, Mumbling sort of fella.

Thought his Communicational skills would’ve improved by now..

apuchar

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Football Club
Just listened to the Krock interview with Jlo...he’s a bit Stuttery, Mumbling sort of fella.

Thought his Communicational skills would’ve improved by now..
Just want a good coach/s. Bell makes a good face of Freo and communicator (for most people anyway). As long as Jlo isn't a arrogant, ignorant, noob with a huge chip on his shoulder, I'll be happy.

freo1997

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 6, 2011
munster
AFL Club
Fremantle
No body is going to have the talk talk of ross lyon.

Yes, he could sell ice to the Eskimos..but his unfriendly demeanour won’t be missed imo.

Vossy has done a lot of media and has been in the spotlight for the best part of 25 years. He can absolutely hold his own and speaks with authority.

Jlo um um Longmuir and Farmer Sumich not so coherent and both struggle to command the media stage. Isn’t such a problem for Suma as the media will look after him here, Jlo will get slaughtered on that front.

MadMundy

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Arsenal, Glory, Bulls
As much as I, like most people want Longmuir to take over our club, I understand like Mark Duffield said in his article, don't listen to the media, pick who is best for the club. Sure Longmuir is looking like an amazing candidate, but what's stopping someone like Voss coming in and ticking all the boxes of the panel? We have to take all due measures in order to find the very best. And as long as this club makes the decision that will ultimately benefit the team for years to come, then I'll be extremely happy.

332docker

Club Legend
Apr 23, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Western Force
I hope suma is no where near freo next year and beyond. he ran his race, his mates all tried to get him in the top job and failed, we don't need him....
The poll says it all. Board would be crazy to think bringing in suma would impress the fans they reckon they are trying to bring back by cutting Lyon.

Benzi10

Senior List
Apr 23, 2014
Réunion island
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Olympique Lyonnais
If we're putting Clarkson in that poll we may as well put Kepler in it as well as a player/senior coach.

Docker Sprigg

Rookie
Aug 20, 2017
Balga
AFL Club
Fremantle
Sumich with Jlo as a assistant
Sumich has the runs on the board with being with Worsfold in 2006 when they won the flag
He was beside Ross in 2013 when we were in the grand final he told Ross how they should be kicking for goals and he didn't listen
then he had a falling out with Ross and that was it.
He took the under 18's to there first championship win in ten years. He also told Richmond to recruit Sydney Stack, if stack didn't work out then his reputation would've been on the line he knows how to coach

Geoff

Premium Platinum
May 13, 2004
W.A.
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle
Sumich with Jlo as a assistant
Sumich has the runs on the board with being with Worsfold in 2006 when they won the flag
He was beside Ross in 2013 when we were in the grand final he told Ross how they should be kicking for goals and he didn't listen
then he had a falling out with Ross and that was it.
He took the under 18's to there first championship win in ten years. He also told Richmond to recruit Sydney Stack, if stack didn't work out then his reputation would've been on the line he knows how to coach

Why would Justin leave an assistants role to become an assistant?

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back