Invasion of the Purple Haze
Oct 18, 2003
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Sharks, Miami Heat, Wildcats, 49ers
He wouldn't

Justin wants a senior position and Freo need to hurry up and interview him. He has stated that they havent approached him yet.

Yea, they need to move fast. They pulled the trigger so they should have all the ducks lined up including this independent member.

Ratten is probably a done deal @ Saints.

Danny82

All Australian
May 29, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Sumich with Jlo as a assistant
Sumich has the runs on the board with being with Worsfold in 2006 when they won the flag
He was beside Ross in 2013 when we were in the grand final he told Ross how they should be kicking for goals and he didn't listen
then he had a falling out with Ross and that was it.
He took the under 18's to there first championship win in ten years. He also told Richmond to recruit Sydney Stack, if stack didn't work out then his reputation would've been on the line he knows how to coach

I don’t know whether to take this seriously. Surely this is a joke? Longmuir is probably one of the closest current assistants to getting a senior job. Sumich on the other hand wasn’t even a contender for any of the vacant spots, hasn’t even been an afl assistant for 3 years and can barely string a sentence together. Great career move by Longmuir to be assistant to Sumich!

jedi mind tricks

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 13, 2011
Dream State
AFL Club
Fremantle
Yea, they need to move fast. They pulled the trigger so they should have all the ducks lined up including this independent member.

I agree 100%

I wonder if they even rate Longmuir as a senior coach?

I know this is against popular opinion but why do posters rejoice in the sacking of Ross when the candidates available are most likely no better.

Freo were in the middle of the top 8 during the season. Key players fell to injury throughout the corse of the season. Our lack of depth was exposed which falls on the list management and recruiting team not Ross.

If Freo don't get this right it could set them back big time.

showemhowtorock

Cancelled
Jun 18, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Sumich has the runs on the board with being with Worsfold in 2006 when they won the flag
He was beside Ross in 2013 when we were in the grand final he told Ross how they should be kicking for goals and he didn't listen
He took the under 18's to there first championship win in ten years. He also told Richmond to recruit Sydney Stack, if stack didn't work out then his reputation would've been on the line he knows how to coach
Hello DanWA burner
runs on the board for a game 13 years ago bahaha

332docker

Club Legend
Apr 23, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Western Force
What about Jarrod Schofield? apparently he is interested.

Played for eagles, Port Adelaide (one a flag in 2004) and 12 games for freo (2005,2006)

also won 3 flags as a player with Subi from 2006-2008 then was their senior coach from 2013-2018 where they won three flags 14, 15 and 18 and were minor premiers in 16&17.

He ticks boxes of being WA bred, played for freo and has coached a team in his own right to 3 premierships.

2019 he moved to Port Adelaide as an assistant as his son was looking to be drafted there at the end of this year.

I hope they look at him - he ticks all boxes for me

Can you add him to the poll??

Reynolds Number

Cancelled
Apr 29, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Stoke City, Dortmund, San José, As
What about Jarrod Schofield? apparently he is interested.

Played for eagles, Port Adelaide (one a flag in 2004) and 12 games for freo (2005,2006)

also won 3 flags as a player with Subi from 2006-2008 then was their senior coach from 2013-2018 where they won three flags 14, 15 and 18 and were minor premiers in 16&17.

He ticks boxes of being WA bred, played for freo and has coached a team in his own right to 3 premierships.

2019 he moved to Port Adelaide as an assistant as his son was looking to be drafted there at the end of this year.

I hope they look at him - he ticks all boxes for me

Can you add him to the poll??
Interesting given that reliable sources a month ago suggested that he was not interested in Freo because he doesn't like Ross.

Halfbaked

Club Legend
Apr 18, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Just how much coaching do you think Juddy, kerry, coxie and cous would have needed.
The egirls should have won 3 in a row with decent coaching.

Aug 20, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
I don’t know whether to take this seriously. Surely this is a joke? Longmuir is probably one of the closest current assistants to getting a senior job. Sumich on the other hand wasn’t even a contender for any of the vacant spots, hasn’t even been an afl assistant for 3 years and can barely string a sentence together. Great career move by Longmuir to be assistant to Sumich!
Yeah but did you even hear that story about Sumich and the arrows?!

Docker Sprigg

Rookie
Aug 20, 2017
Balga
AFL Club
Fremantle
Just how much coaching do you think Juddy, kerry, coxie and cous would have needed.
The egirls should have won 3 in a row with decent coaching.
I agree about the West Coast Ego's they should have more flags at least 4 under Maulthouse because he had a state side at his disposal

So the under 18's doesn't mean much in your eyes when these kids needed someone with knowledge and guidance, seems to me that you haven't heard him on 6pr and the knowledge he has. He was the person to take them to a championship in ten years and he was the one to tell Richmond to get Sydney Stack, if Stack wasnt any good Sumich's reputation would be crap now.

Stewart66

Premiership Player
Saints Pledge Contributor
Jul 27, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda

Not yet we have interviewed Longmuir last week.

Mar 6, 2007
Florence
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
The Exers
Gee, I’m not really a massive fan of any of the options.

I think Suma because of his experience and ability in developing players, but Longmuir because I think he’d relate better to the players and would be a fresher voice ( just massive doubts he has the capacity to carry the responsibility).

Caracella would be my pick, but don’t know if he’s in the running.

Freeeoo

Club Legend
May 7, 2006
SOR
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
The Gooners
Pffft..

Halfbaked

Club Legend
Apr 18, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
I agree about the West Coast Ego's they should have more flags at least 4 under Maulthouse because he had a state side at his disposal

So the under 18's doesn't mean much in your eyes when these kids needed someone with knowledge and guidance, seems to me that you haven't heard him on 6pr and the knowledge he has. He was the person to take them to a championship in ten years and he was the one to tell Richmond to get Sydney Stack, if Stack wasnt any good Sumich's reputation would be crap now.
Great, I truly hope he keeps coaching young men for years.
There is a reason no other team has wanted him over the last 15 years.
Tell me, why wasn't NM, Stk or the Blues been linked to this "great coach".

Docker Sprigg

Rookie
Aug 20, 2017
Balga
AFL Club
Fremantle
Great, I truly hope he keeps coaching young men for years.
There is a reason no other team has wanted him over the last 15 years.
Tell me, why wasn't NM, Stk or the Blues been linked to this "great coach".

Well stk Kilda hasn't decide who they want
Blues were always going to get Teague because they liked him and his attacking style of play, and he had a good relationship with the playing group
The same at North Melbourne with Rhys Shaw
I have told you my theory you tell us all your theory seeing you have the greatest knowledge on football

May 13, 2007
Radelaide
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle, Glasgow Warriors
I would prefer to merge this with the Next Coach... thread and have the poll there, but I'm getting by pretending I know what I'm doing with this forum software as it is and I don't want to break the poll here or the thread there.

So that's why there are two threads, at least for now. My objective is to merge them together into one.

Haha, yep I had a go and felt exactly the same!

Halfbaked

Club Legend
Apr 18, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Well stk Kilda hasn't decide who they want
Blues were always going to get Teague because they liked him and his attacking style of play, and he had a good relationship with the playing group
The same at North Melbourne with Rhys Shaw
I have told you my theory you tell us all your theory seeing you have the greatest knowledge on football
Mate we are all purple lovers here.
Never claimed to have the greatest knowledge on football.
So how about some facts.
1. He was a part of under performing coaching team at the egirls.
2.The same coaching team that was either blind, stupid or complicit to the drug issues at WC.
3.Once Kirk arrived at the club and he dropped down the pecking order, his attitude changed at training. (I was going to training almost weekly around that time.) I know this is not a fact, however what is a fact is he went sitting next to Lyon match day to the
bench in three years at the club.
4. At 51 he has been out of the AFL system for awhile. Even with WC changing a few coaches lately they haven't offered him anything.
5.Never landed a top job in 15 plus years.
6. The fact that certain campaigners in wa media are pushing for him. ( Just my opinion I know, but this should be enough scare anyone away.)
Anyway as proud passionate Docker supporters lets hope the people in charge of the club to pick the best person for the job.
Have a nice day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back