Matthew Pavlich Medallist
May 26, 2003
South Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFFC, Aussie Women's Cricket, HNK
Voted Kepler, because, you know KEPLER!

But really JLo is my preferred choice. He's ready. If they bring Worsfold in as the Coaching Director (or whatever they want to call it) as a support and mentor for Longmuir, I'd be okay with that. As long as he isn't given too much say in game plan and game day coaching, and was there just as a support in dealing with being in the senior coaching role, he'd probably be quite valuable.

Scham

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2004
AFL Club
Fremantle
I really want our new coach to come out of the Tigers. Just love what they’re doing the last 3 seasons. They seem to have such a good vibe about them.

The other JL for me: Justin Leppitsch

Sep 27, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
The West, today, has an article about Dean Solomon coming to the fore as a coaching candidate for Freo.

I am not sure about this. He has spent the last few years at Suns and they haven't set the world on fire exactly.

PurpleEyes

Premiership Player
Jul 2, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
My apologies for my typo for Don Pyke. I am unable to Edit it. If any mods can do, please do.

The betting sheet for Freo's next Senior Coach is certainly a changing landscape.
Glad to see Clarkson high in the betting (and Sumich drifting back out slightly).

May 13, 2007
Radelaide
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle, Glasgow Warriors
My apologies for my typo for Don Pyke. I am unable to Edit it. If any mods can do, please do.

The betting sheet for Freo's next Senior Coach is certainly a changing landscape.
Glad to see Clarkson high in the betting (and Sumich drifting back out slightly).

View attachment 745853

Done.

JBMAN

Team Captain
Aug 8, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Voted Kepler, because, you know KEPLER!

But really JLo is my preferred choice. He's ready. If they bring Worsfold in as the Coaching Director (or whatever they want to call it) as a support and mentor for Longmuir, I'd be okay with that. As long as he isn't given too much say in game plan and game day coaching, and was there just as a support in dealing with being in the senior coaching role, he'd probably be quite valuable.

I wouldn't like to see Sumich as head coach or a mentoring role. What has he done at a senior level to be a mentor? Surely if we need a mentor it would be an ex head coach.

Monument Hills

Cancelled
Dec 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Hufflepuff, Wildcats, WCE womens
I wouldn't like to see Sumich as head coach or a mentoring role. What has he done at a senior level to be a mentor? Surely if we need a mentor it would be an ex head coach.
I'd have him as list manager/development assistant coach. Get all those star WA boys coming through. Could really set us up going forward.

Sep 27, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Gossage, speaking on the Western Front podcast, reckons that JLo is all but a certainty.
Freo are just waiting for Pies season to end.
Dont know how much to make of this. With all the noise around JLo I would be surprised if he was'nt the anointed one.

Monument Hills

Cancelled
Dec 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Hufflepuff, Wildcats, WCE womens
Gossage, speaking on the Western Front podcast, reckons that JLo is all but a certainty.
Freo are just waiting for Pies season to end.
Dont know how much to make of this. With all the noise around JLo I would be surprised if he was'nt the anointed one.
I'm hoping then that by Sat night, JLo is starting to pack his bags and booking a ticket west.

If he needs a place to stay while he settles in, I hear Clarkson may have a rental available not far from Fyfe and the club.

Sep 27, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Yesterday arvo, Brad Hardie on 6PR said that the coaching race was down to three. Only JLo, Sumich and Solomon will be going to the next stage of the process.
Not sure how he would know that with any degree of certainty. Anybody else heard anything likewise?

PurpleEyes

Premiership Player
Jul 2, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
The next stage of interviews should at least include Clarkson and Sumich ... they can be used as the upper and lower baselines (respectively) to help assess all other viable candidates interviewed.

Sep 27, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle

Is the coaching race down to 4? Sumich, Solomon, Voss and somebody else. Perhaps, as the article implies, Freo have dragged their feet.

TBH I prefer Sumich if JLo is out of the picture.

Midnite65

Club Legend
Sep 27, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Philadelpia 76'ers

Is the coaching race down to 4? Sumich, Solomon, Voss and somebody else. Perhaps, as the article implies, Freo have dragged their feet.

TBH I prefer Sumich if JLo is out of the picture.
The headline of the article and first sentence stating he has pulled out of the race contradicts the quote from Sheehan where he says "if he misses out on Freo Carlton would be very keen".....has he withdrawn his interest in Freo or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back