Review Poll on Grandfinal and fairness...

Playing the grandfinal at the MCG is....

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Carmo

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 15, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Flicking thru posts I have seen mostly posts in support of keeping things as they are. I find that staggering. If it were me I'd make plenty of adjustments to the current system. I'm impressed by Sydney's Andrew Ireland and disappointed in the rhetoric coming from the club currently.

Anyway, just want to find out if I'm alone or whether people that posted don't represent the board's overall feelings

As I said on the main board. MCG should be for the GF and for one game a week which is rotated each week so every team gets to play there. Collingwood back to Vic Park, St Kilda back to Morabbin, Essendon to WIndy Hill, Carlton to Princess Park, Hawthorn to Waverley, Bulldogs to whitten Oval, North have the dome, Richmon to Punt rd. Leaves Melbourne as the only side without a ground. MCG should be no ones home. Leave it for the match of the round and GF.

A Richmond supporter votes super-dooper fair. How surprising. :rolleyes:
Best of three. Home state for interstate clubs. G. Neutral state for final game if required. Think of the tourist and promotional opportunities for that third game for the state it was played in.

Last edited:
I have to say I admire the one crows fan who has stuck to their guns and publically said they think its fair, I don't agree with them, but I do admire the integrity.

A bit surprised at the amount of people saying very unfair, is a much higher proportion than I expected.

Given the stats in here, I'm a bit disappointed that the club isn't supporting the Sydney chief, it's pissweak really.

I like having the GF at the best, most prestigious venue

Would be like having the US Masters somewhere else. Just not the same. Wouldn't feel like a genuine GF win the way 1997 and 1998 do.

Sure, the Atlanta golfers who've played there heaps probably have an advantage but quality > familiarity

We and other non-Victorian clubs do get a disadvantage on grand final day but that's more than compensated for by the number of home state advantage games (and other finals) we get during the season.

It will never be even/fair when there's 10 teams from one state so yearning for it is pointless.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the finals series was fair Richmond would never have played in the GF.

Allow interstate clubs to train on the ground for a start. It's a sick joke making a grand final team train on pieces of s**t such as Goschs Paddock.

Fix the ticketing allocation. Why should we, as the higher ranked team, have to play in a 20/80 supporter split. Tell the MCC members to GAGF - I'm sure half of them scalp the tickets anyway.

Piss the parade off as well. Save it for after the game - the winner gets a ticker tape parade; loser has to walk Cersei style.

You have to give Pyke 10 out of 10 for publically coming out and commenting on how unfair the competition is.

Back