Review Poll:- Should we sack Ratten?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rumour has it our great coach the stunned mullet is sifting through hours worth of GPS data in the hopes of becoming a great tactican and while hes at it maybe he can get them to work on their skills and discover a gameplan as well, but thats hopeing for too much!!!!!

Rumour has it that you are just an opposition supporter trolling with a Carlton alias .

We can get his crazy twin look a like from the MAD magazine to take over and bring fear to the players.

what-me-worry-715605.jpg

Rumour has it our great coach the stunned mullet is sifting through hours worth of GPS data in the hopes of becoming a great tactican and while hes at it maybe he can get them to work on their skills and discover a gameplan as well, but thats hopeing for too much!!!!!

You really are quite boring.

You check his posting history then, the topic is a load of crap anyway.

look SinCity.

This topic is about Ratten and whether he should be given the harse.. Thats the topic.

Im not sure you can go after him for talking about the topic.

There are many many peo9ple who dont believe Ratten is up to it.
In 2002 if someone told you that you would still be putting up performances like the one on saturday night.. you wouldnt believe him.

the truth is we were insipid.. we ran around like chooks without a head.. we lacked structure and focus and we still dont have a gameplan.

Now i wanna know how we could still be performing at such a low level...

And i do not want to support mediocrity... were slowly sinking in a quicksand of mediocrity. We have no ambition. We use nothing meaningful to assess our performances. Instead were happy enough to go along with Rattens meaningless statistics after each game pretending there is something to take away from the game if he reels them off quickfire.

There is only one way to assess a football team.. its performances....

and to have meaningful performances with longevity there must be a concise gameplan.

We dont have a gameplan.. and because its confusing.. the players are confused.. and cos the players are confused their execution is confused.

If Ratten can turn things around and develop our players and team into understanding what theyre meant to be doing out there and executing accordingly.. im sure most people would shut up and be happy.

But right now ... its mediocrity thats winning the day...

And we have the apologists.. and sugarcoaters in the Goebbelesque best attempting to hush any criticism....
Well thats not going to happen .. till the root of the problem is FIXED.. and thats the team playing like it understands and belongs in ath modern AFL competition.

Im pretty sick of people trying to hush Carlton supporters from saying were mediocre.. when thems the facts!!!

Were mediocre!!!
Were coached mediocre and we give out mediocre output.

And if that excites you... and your mates.. good luck to you all..!!!

But i expect better from the Carlton Football Club.... aadn im entitled to that!!!

Were a mediocre club and we live in the shadows of our past.. and people running the club have us chained to the shadows of the past instead of being bradve and bold enough to create a new and even more glorious future!!!

Bugger mediocrity!!!.... i dont want it!!!

The boys club is taking us deep into the darkness of mediocrity... and i wont be silenced!!!

with the skills we saw, gameplan barely comes into it. gameplan is going to appear non-existent if the players don't have the skills to execute it. there could easily be one buried under all the turnovers and OOF's.
there was plenty of circle jerking with how our forward line was going to be unpredictable, and then here it is... and people are piddling their pants.

that said, i'm worried how convoluted it may be (as i'm sure he has some plans in place even if we can't see them). ratten's comments here and there have the look about someone pouring thought into all the wrong areas... ie, the need to take emotion out of this game, because apparently we either get carried away or some other crap? surely that should be somewhere down the bottom of matchday priorities.
he is refreshingly self-critical at times i think, but critical thought about the game can come at the cost of players using their natural skill and instinct.

look SinCity.

This topic is about Ratten and whether he should be given the harse.. Thats the topic.

Im not sure you can go after him for talking about the topic.

There are many many peo9ple who dont believe Ratten is up to it.
In 2002 if someone told you that you would still be putting up performances like the one on saturday night.. you wouldnt believe him.

the truth is we were insipid.. we ran around like chooks without a head.. we lacked structure and focus and we still dont have a gameplan.

Now i wanna know how we could still be performing at such a low level...

And i do not want to support mediocrity... were slowly sinking in a quicksand of mediocrity. We have no ambition. We use nothing meaningful to assess our performances. Instead were happy enough to go along with Rattens meaningless statistics after each game pretending there is something to take away from the game if he reels them off quickfire.

There is only one way to assess a football team.. its performances....

and to have meaningful performances with longevity there must be a concise gameplan.

We dont have a gameplan.. and because its confusing.. the players are confused.. and cos the players are confused their execution is confused.

If Ratten can turn things around and develop our players and team into understanding what theyre meant to be doing out there and executing accordingly.. im sure most people would shut up and be happy.

But right now ... its mediocrity thats winning the day...

And we have the apologists.. and sugarcoaters in the Goebbelesque best attempting to hush any criticism....
Well thats not going to happen .. till the root of the problem is FIXED.. and thats the team playing like it understands and belongs in ath modern AFL competition.

Im pretty sick of people trying to hush Carlton supporters from saying were mediocre.. when thems the facts!!!

Were mediocre!!!
Were coached mediocre and we give out mediocre output.

And if that excites you... and your mates.. good luck to you all..!!!

But i expect better from the Carlton Football Club.... aadn im entitled to that!!!

Were a mediocre club and we live in the shadows of our past.. and people running the club have us chained to the shadows of the past instead of being bradve and bold enough to create a new and even more glorious future!!!

Bugger mediocrity!!!.... i dont want it!!!

The boys club is taking us deep into the darkness of mediocrity... and i wont be silenced!!!

To start with no one has said we were not mediocre on Saturday, people are just tired of the way trolls like you only stick your snot noses out when there's a stink in the air. Guys like starchamber at least post when things are going alright as well, but you don't because you're only interesting in coming on here and sinking the boots in after a loss.

Ratten didn't have his best player in Judd, didn't have his best defender in Bower and lost his best ball extractor in McLean at the start of the game. How do you think the Bombers would've gone without Pears, Watson and Stanton? The players got out pressured and out run by Essendon players, they need to take it upon themselves to be better, as does the coach after every loss and I'm sure they will. They are professionals and will bounce back, posters like yourself and shitty Blues who never offer any support for Carlton anyway can't think rationally and don't realise how much footy can change in one week.

Sin City.. what do you mean "we are tired of the way... blah blah blah"

Check the survey son.. youre in the minority.

Actually... im not as silly as you to talk for others.. but im tired of the way.. someone like you has the audacity to try to put a gag on people expressing their views on a very ordinary and mediocre gameplan .. coach.. skills... motivation.. and perfomrances in general....

I dont care that you think were great and Ratts is the next Gus Hidink., and a superstar coach.. and our team is beautifully drilled and developed.. and hat we have wonderful structures.. and the players seem ultra motivated.. and we have multi paths to attack etc,.... cos i know youre deluded... and our record will reflect my view not your view.

So ultimately your baron von munchausen ways dont impress me.

anyway.......

What we need is to just allow any coach thats interested to take over the plumb job at Carlton to throw their hat into the ring and go through a professional modern day independant process..

and sack ratts at the half way mark when the ladder will reflect his pitiful coaching without the aid of Fevs freakish goalkicking abilities.. and structures drills and gameplans will be scrutinised.

Sin City.. what do you mean "we are tired of the way... blah blah blah"

Check the survey son.. youre in the minority.

Actually... im not as silly as you to talk for others.. but im tired of the way.. someone like you has the audacity to try to put a gag on people expressing their views on a very ordinary and mediocre gameplan .. coach.. skills... motivation.. and perfomrances in general....

I dont care that you think were great and Ratts is the next Gus Hidink., and a superstar coach.. and our team is beautifully drilled and developed.. and hat we have wonderful structures.. and the players seem ultra motivated.. and we have multi paths to attack etc,.... cos i know youre deluded... and our record will reflect my view not your view.

So ultimately your baron von munchausen ways dont impress me.

anyway.......

What we need is to just allow any coach thats interested to take over the plumb job at Carlton to throw their hat into the ring and go through a professional modern day independant process..

and sack ratts at the half way mark when the ladder will reflect his pitiful coaching without the aid of Fevs freakish goalkicking abilities.. and structures drills and gameplans will be scrutinised.

Well said.

Sin if you dont like this paticular topic stop posting in it.

You are in the minority, go back to the sunshine board mate.

To start with no one has said we were not mediocre on Saturday, people are just tired of the way trolls like you only stick your snot noses out when there's a stink in the air. Guys like starchamber at least post when things are going alright as well, but you don't because you're only interesting in coming on here and sinking the boots in after a loss.

Ratten didn't have his best player in Judd, didn't have his best defender in Bower and lost his best ball extractor in McLean at the start of the game. How do you think the Bombers would've gone without Pears, Watson and Stanton? The players got out pressured and out run by Essendon players, they need to take it upon themselves to be better, as does the coach after every loss and I'm sure they will. They are professionals and will bounce back, posters like yourself and shitty Blues who never offer any support for Carlton anyway can't think rationally and don't realise how much footy can change in one week.

Who the hell do you think you are, the way you speak to people is appalling. Why dont you go down to your local bar on a saturday night and try that. Old woman.

GO stick your sound of music video on and take another reality break.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should we sack Ratten?

Maybe we should, maybe we shouldn't.

I'm a fan of Ratts from the glory days, but I must admit his gameday tactics have me pissed off at the moment. Not just from the last Essendon games either. His failure to make seemingly obvious moves is my main beef.

With that said, I'm not an AFL coach and I don't want him sacked either.

I just want him to learn from his mistakes and improve.

But seriously, Is there any f#ckin point to this thread? No matter what your answer is, nothing is gonna change this week.

Should we sack Ratten?

Maybe we should, maybe we shouldn't.

I'm a fan of Ratts from the glory days, but I must admit his gameday tactics have me pissed off at the moment. Not just from the last Essendon games either. His failure to make seemingly obvious moves is my main beef.

With that said, I'm not an AFL coach and I don't want him sacked either.

I just want him to learn from his mistakes and improve.

But seriously, Is there any f#ckin point to this thread? No matter what your answer is, nothing is gonna change this week.

nothing we say or do changes anything fromn this week.

But boards are here for discussion and opinions.

And learn from his mistakes......

fat chance....

6 times we have lost to Essendon with exactly the same tactics for and against... the difference is the faces are different on the park.

Ratts should be under the same scrutiny a any other player on the list that is reviewed and delisted for non performance come end of the year.

And theyre all discussed here....

The problem is players can be dropped.
The coach cant....

which is a luxury he has in itself

On the Crows board they have a pre game day write up, matchs up etc. An interesting one is the coach match up, there is a picture of Ratten which captures exactly where he is at, no confidence, pleading with the players rather than demanding, look at his eyes in particular, ouch!

Ratten just doesnt know how to coach against Essendon. Falls for the same trick everytime.

Essendon run the corridor, everyone know this (expect Ratten I guess). Thats the area you need to protect.

On the Crows board they have a pre game day write up, matchs up etc. An interesting one is the coach match up, there is a picture of Ratten which captures exactly where he is at, no confidence, pleading with the players rather than demanding, look at his eyes in particular, ouch!
Ratten_Rd809_246a.jpg

:confused:

inflog43 would have been an apt username for a Carlton fan with your level of intellect, support and understanding.

Are you still here general, shouldnt you be stalking andy walker :)

That pic is a beauty, has lost written all over it.

Thanks for posting it btw, lmao.

OMG look at his eyes!

Imagine if he had cross eyes, we could call him corky.

No really, thanks for posting that general, you absolute ...

Are you still here general, shouldnt you be stalking andy walker :)

That pic is a beauty, has lost written all over it.

Thanks for posting it btw, lmao.

That picture has a fair amount of determination in thanks... a worse one would have been a picture of the coaches boss against the bummers...

Do you do, incog, is go around bagging the Carlton team, coaches and recruiting staff? because thats all it seems that you do... you hardly ever post anything really constructive and poignant to the conversations...

That picture has a fair amount of determination in thanks... a worse one would have been a picture of the coaches boss against the bummers...

Do you do, incog, is go around bagging the Carlton team, coaches and recruiting staff? because thats all it seems that you do... you hardly ever post anything really constructive and poignant to the conversations...

sack ratten?

The 'Gaggists' those that wish to inflict Draconian like gags on anyone critical of Ratten are also very personal in their attacks.

The General
Sunny City
and one or two others.

Sin City actually reckons were cr@p cos Juddy and Bower didnt play... as if every team is never gunna have an injury.

Talking about clutching st straws.

Look.. if there is a gameplan and there is a set of structures you can absorb the loss of a footballer or two...
Its when you have a gameplan revolving around individual footballers that you fall away when theyre no longer there.

(the Judd and Fev gameplan for instance)

Fev traded off...

...Juddy we decide to appeal and have his punshment increased from 2 to 3 weeks. Hands up those who didnt see that coming.......

Just more unprofessionalism in my opinion

I doubt the Crows coach would be overbrimming with confidence at the moment at 0-3. If Adelaide have a crap year Craig will probably get the flick.

Btw if you think we should get rid of Ratten do you actually have a replacement in mind and can you guarantee that they will do a better job? Have you thought this far ahead??

sack ratten?

No... I think that we should sack our development coaches who aren't getting the skills required into the players...

If at the end of the year, we have significantly slid backwards, then Ratts should have his contract and performance reviewed and if it is because of him that we have slid backwards, then he should be sacked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back