Coach Poll time - Do we lock the Sack Hinkley thread if we beat Brissy (No pressure Ken)

If we beat Brisbane today do we ask the mods to lock the Sack Hinkley thread?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to believe that it was flag or bust. However the club has done a magnificent job at lowering our expectations so my bar has been significantly lowered to top-6 after the H&A plus a finals win or bust.

So no, I don't support locking the sack Hinkley thread at the moment.

I've softened my opinion after having read the Karl Amon article:

"Two off-season additions at Alberton have benefited Amon: midfield coach Jarrad Schofield and draftee Xavier Duursma.

Schofield gave Amon and Port’s other on-ballers a fresh slate after arriving from WAFL club Subiaco, while Amon was assigned to mentor Gippsland product Duursma.

“(Schofield) was just a fresh face coming into the club, not knowing how I played – he just judged me on how I played during the pre-season,” Amon says.

“It was a massive thing for me.

“Us as a midfield, we’re going to have to be on top … because they move the ball really well.

“I think it’s going to be a pretty good battle and we’re going to have to be at our best to beat them.”

Amon says the club, which has not won consecutive matches since rounds five and six, is “over” its up-and-down form.

“We certainly know that the pressure’s on us to perform this week so we can end that yoyo performance and go back-to-back wins,” he says.

“I’m sure if I keep playing like this, the club will offer me something later in the year and we’ll sit down and discuss that.

“I love being here and the group of boys that we have, I think we’re working towards something and we can go pretty far.”

Unlock the Zak Butters support thread regardless

We effectively have 7 - "8 point" games in a row now.

We need to win at least 4 of them and win 2 finals for me to be happy with this season (i.e. finish top 4).
That's my pass mark.

If we win today though, I'm happy to put the pitchforks away and fully support our side for the rest of this season (or until we lose 4 of those 7 games, then all bets are off).

We have the players available, we have a competitive but reasonable draw, we don't travel further than Melbourne, there are no excuses for not winning 4 of the last 7 and at least 2 finals.

Ball is in your court Kenneth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back