Opinion POLL: Wear them in the Showdown anyway? Your opinion.

Wear the Prison Bars in the Showdown and cop the punishment?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

My wife, who has zero interest in football, has been breathing fire over the (nationally reported) news about the PBs. I reckon neutral sentiment may be strongly in our corner.

Fan power killed the mercenary ESL in soccer, perhaps we can galvanise AFL fans the same way. Probably a better FU to the league than wearing the Bars in defiance. How big is Kochie's audience? That'd be a good place to start...

Call out the AFL's bluff and just wear them I say! As others have said the only ones who come out of this looking like dicks will be Eddie and his underlings at head office.

Be interested to know also on what basis the AFL would be planning to strip premiership points for a uniform violation on? How has the AFL suddenly escalated from player fines to points?

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Would this be the first time a club has had a four point deduction in league history? Doesn’t make sense given far more serious things have occurred, especially with Collingwood. Just baffling.

Save it for the grand final I say, they might be willing to take premiership points but even the AFL at their lowest wouldn't have the guts to take away a cup.

Even his royal shitness Eddie has been quoted as saying he has no objection to the design being used. I say make him live to regret that. He could have just settled on the original being worn twice per year. I say wear the bars every single week with that slight modification. After all, it's the design that is so unique and iconic, not so much the colours. How many teams in the world wear black and white???
How about having black and silver prison bars, with black and white prison bars on the inside of the jersey. Then after winning stripping off the top to reveal the inside.

I’ve flipped. We should revert to our Vision, Mission amd Core values. If our history is in that, wear it and cop the fine year in year out.
However I would hold tight and wear it against Collingwood here in round 19 as the biggest FU to them
And the AFL.

I’ve flipped. We should revert to our Vision, Mission amd Core values. If our history is in that, wear it and cop the fine year in year out.
However I would hold tight and wear it against Collingwood here in round 19 as the biggest FU to them
And the AFL.
Given it's an equal punishment for wearing it vs Adelaide as it for wearing it vs anyone else we may as well wear it vs Collinwood as a massive * you.

I’m thinking we should wear it in Brisbane. The Lions could use their Fitzroy jumper.

Call Freo and WC, see if they get on board too.

Nobody tells the AFL nothing. Let’s just play an unofficial Heritage round.

Absolutely impossible due the short time, but one can dream...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How could they not ask Greg and Erin about the prison bars? Joke

Given it's an equal punishment for wearing it vs Adelaide as it for wearing it vs anyone else we may as well wear it vs Collinwood as a massive fu** you.

I know the club pushed to wear the bars against the Crows, to me it seems to placate the AFL.

however I always found it tokenistic, I want to wear it whenever we want like any other club can. (Within reason)

They won’t actually dock us points.

The AFL are a bunch of spineless squibs and will backflip on their decision like they always do when it embarrasses them.
Agreed! Aren't the penalties for a team wearing a strip not approved by the AFL already written down in the rule Book? If so does it say anything about points getting docked?

Agreed! Aren't the penalties for a team wearing a strip not approved by the AFL already written down in the rule Book? If so does it say anything about points getting docked?
There's probably a difference between just wearing something not approved due to an oversight i.e. neglecting to ask for approval in the first place, and actually defying a directive by wearing something that has been refused approval.

There's probably a difference between just wearing something not approved due to an oversight i.e. neglecting to ask for approval in the first place, and actually defying a directive by wearing something that has been refused approval.

It's already been approved, only a year ago. It's not something offensive, objectionable, or worn in bad taste. It's been approved before so it obviously passes the taste test.

I'm no legal guy, but the precedence set by previous approval would probably have us in the box seat if this was settled in a court of law.

It's already been approved, only a year ago. It's not something offensive, objectionable, or worn in bad taste. It's been approved before so it obviously passes the taste test.

I'm no legal guy, but the precedence set by previous approval would probably have us in the box seat if this was settled in a court of law.
I guess this current decision really just says we can't wear it in round 8, so it's not the actual jumper that hasn't been approved.

Back