Opinion POLL: Wear them in the Showdown anyway? Your opinion.

Wear the Prison Bars in the Showdown and cop the punishment?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Crocodile Dumbdee

Cancelled
Mar 11, 2021
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
We exist to win premierships, not wear prison bars. That’s not to discredit the importance of the bars, but win the flag. Hell, wear it in the GF cos we know it won’t be against Collingwood
4 points, no no. Lets win the ******* game and not get ahead.

We'd achieve more by forfeiting the game and losing the broadcasters money. Same four points gone. It's not like the Crows are going to make good use of them.

Willsy10

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 3, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
We’ve been told no for round 8 and we need to accept the umpires call no matter how bullshit it is.

Let the club keep fighting the fight and wait until we’ve been given consent.

I wouldn’t even do it for a fine, no way would I do it for 4 premiership points. Quite baffled that some are in favour of jeopardising our premiership push like that to wear a guernsey for 1 game and most likely stuff up any chances of wearing it again.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Crocodile Dumbdee

Cancelled
Mar 11, 2021
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The boys that wore the Wharf Guernsey would be laughing at us. Onto another flag. Its the club. Not the guernsey.
I have beers in the Club Room, time to win another flag.

Crocodile Dumbdee

Cancelled
Mar 11, 2021
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
What do mean what? You’re trying to tell us to not worry about the guernsey anymore! Why?
Weve won a flag under the Power Guernsey. Move on. Play with the big boys. Ive got my Wharf Guernsey on display in my shed. Move on, create history again or are you too scared to get out of mums skirt??????

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mar 22, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Carolina Panther's
Weve won a flag under the Power Guernsey. Move on. Play with the big boys. Ive got my Wharf Guernsey on display in my shed. Move on, create history again or are you too scared to get out of mums skirt??????
So you don’t care, ok! That’s your opinion, express it if you want but don’t try to tell others what they should think! over a guernsey. I’m not even 100% behind the prison bars, I like teal (I grew up on the teal and it’s part of the reason why my brother and I started barracking for this club when we were little) and the chevrons and would like to keep that guernsey forever TBH, Ideally I’d like to wear the Prison bars for just the showdowns and maybe our Anzac Day match (if possible) but what I love more then colours and guernsey designs is the Port Adelaide club itself so regardless of what we wear or what our colours are I’ll always love this club. If the majority of our supporters want Prison bars, even if it meant on a compulsory basis and getting rid of the teal then so be it

Crocodile Dumbdee

Cancelled
Mar 11, 2021
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Not before he personally insults everyone, before trying to make amends via some bizarre private messages. Rinse and repeat.
You must hate your family if you're soureness allows you to have one. Do you ever smile? If Your mission in life is to take me down, youre a sad boy.
If it erks you mate, i'm really good. I wont play songs to feed your ego. I hope you dont crash your cheap arse bike wherever it is you wear your man skin s**t. Have a beer you weirdo.

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
If the club decided to wear the bars and cop the penalty i'd be supportive, but if I was making the decision I wouldn't give up 4 points in a year we're aiming to win the flag.

The only thing more Port Adelaide than the bars is winning flags.

May 26, 2017
Uruguayana, RS (BRA)
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Grêmio, DC United, Pistons
We'd achieve more by forfeiting the game and losing the broadcasters money. Same four points gone. It's not like the Crows are going to make good use of them.
Why would we give the points to the Crows, though?

Dec 20, 2015
South Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Magpies!
My initial heated reaction was to support the loss of 4 premiership points and make a statement (plus I just want to see the team in the PBs). I'm still wavering a bit, because it would be rather a spectacular f.u. to the AFL & McGuire! But in the cold hard light of day I'd rather the team do everything possible to win the premiership and for us (the club & fans) to continue agitating in as many and varied ways as we can for the use of the PBs. As others have said, if we weren't a serious contender this year then go for it, but we exist to win premierships.

Jun 7, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The poll has served its purpose, its given people the opportunity to express their opinion and shown that there is no unanimous position on this matter.

I'd personally like to thank the club for all its efforts this week, I appreciate what they have tried to do (and continue to do) and I've lost no love for the club.

The AFL, however, what a pathetic inbred boy's club.

As much as I still think we should just wear the PB's and tell them to go * themselves, I accept that others here don't think that way and I will respect their opinions also.

Last edited:
Back