List Mgmt. Poll - What stops JTR (Minimum trade for Pick 1)

What is the minimum trade you would accept for Pick 1 (Harley Reid)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

can't see north offering anything close to the mark tbh. in the final hour they may offer 2+15(~20). simply don't see it happening. all this new talk about us being into mckercher isn't backed up by anything of substance. for all we know we have bloody duursma second or third on the big board after reid and walter.

2, 3 - McKercher and Curtin

or

2, 6, 18 - McKercher, Curtin, Tholstrup

I don't see a trade happening however and i prefer it that way.

What's the point of trade period when you can still trade right up to and including draft day?

Should get 1 week to trade picks/players then everything is locked in.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
I imagine these days it's because players go on holidays now while draftees and list management teams are gearing up for their main month and having the trade window open for picks only allows clubs to manoeuvre if they go hot/cold on potential draftees.

Actually good to know you're fine with ridiculously over the top as long as it's not specifically involving 2 AND 3 this year. Carry on.
Look man I’d be doing cartwheels at Optus if North would hand over 2, 3 and the other stuff.

Look at it from their list point of view - they have a good young midfield and little else. They have golden opportunity to potentially fix their list with this draft alone.

Or they can spend way overs for Harley Reid.

What if it was 2 and a F1? I still they reckon they would by any stretch unless they drank their own kool aid and are predicted a rapid rise up the ladder which, given they had to ask for AFL help is unlikely.

Shoe on the other foot here. Be honest.
We have North’s picks, they have ours. Are you giving 2,3 and say 18 for their pick 1?

Look man I’d be doing cartwheels at Optus if North would hand over 2, 3 and the other stuff.

Look at it from their list point of view - they have a good young midfield and little else. They have golden opportunity to potentially fix their list with this draft alone.

What if it was 2 and a F1? I still they reckon they would by any stretch unless they drank their own kool aid and are predicted a rapid rise up the ladder which, given they had to ask for AFL help is unlikely.

We have North’s picks, they have ours. Are you giving 2,3 and say 18 for their pick 1?

No, I'm totally with you all the way that they should under no circumstances overspend to get pick 1. In a perfect world they'd all bog off, and we'd draft Reid while having a relaxing time up till the draft.

Instead we have the dumbest member of the Mexicools swanning by regularly trying to be 2018 vintage Snake Baker while the Vic media competes for dumbest trade suggestion for the next five weeks.

I just think it's fine for our recruitment team to ask for 2 and 3 as a minimum, and for our forum posters to run with that.

So unless we get a trade that fixes OUR list in one hit, let's keep it unreasonable :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They need KPPs, which aren't available to them much before 6 or 7. It actually doesn't hurt them to turn 2 and 3 into 1 and 4-5 picks between 6 and 20. They have plenty of midfielders.

No, I'm totally with you all the way that they should under no circumstances overspend to get pick 1. In a perfect world they'd all bog off, and we'd draft Reid while having a relaxing time up till the draft.

Instead we have the dumbest member of the Mexicools swanning by regularly trying to be 2018 vintage Snake Baker while the Vic media competes for dumbest trade suggestion for the next five weeks.

I just think it's fine for our recruitment team to ask for 2 and 3 as a minimum, and for our forum posters to run with that.

So unless we get a trade that fixes OUR list in one hit, let's keep it unreasonable :D
You’re gonna be surprised by this.

I actually agree with every word you say there.
We should ask a high price.

We should also determine whether as a list a compromise would serve us better.

As Keys said last night and as I said on the North board, the way this draft is compromised so dramatically means our second pick is closer to the end of the draft than the start. For a list with so many gaps, it probably is more prudent to try and load up on upper mid talent if it means McKercher is the big fish instead of Reid

You’re gonna be surprised by this.

I actually agree with every word you say there.
We should ask a high price.

We should also determine whether as a list a compromise would serve us better.

As Keys said last night and as I said on the North board, the way this draft is compromised so dramatically means our second pick is closer to the end of the draft than the start. For a list with so many gaps, it probably is more prudent to try and load up on upper mid talent if it means McKercher is the big fish instead of Reid
I think our only difference of opinion is I would be happy to add a year to our rebuild to annoy the Vic media and certain North fans.

I also believe we're already a decent distance into our rebuild and Reid could make our next peak higher and wider.

It's going to be a tough call for our recruiters if North somehow offer 2 and 6.

I think our only difference of opinion is I would be happy to add a year to our rebuild to annoy the Vic media and certain North fans.

I also believe we're already a decent distance into our rebuild and Reid could make our next peak higher and wider.

It's going to be a tough call for our recruiters if North somehow offer 2 and 6.
I don’t think you can turn down 2 and 6 myself. Thats the cheese and the blinds in one go.

Why the worry about Reid going home after 3 years? If he becomes the star he's predicted to be then his value will be even more then than it is now.
Yeah, JHF had a fairly pedestrian (for a top overall pick) first year, and when he was traded out with pick 1 it brought back picks 2, 3, 40 and 43. The only way he doesn't bring back a big haul is if he's a bust.

JHF didn’t bring that.

We traded JHF AND pick 1.

In isolation JHF was traded for like 8 and 15.

Done deal: Horne-Francis, Rioli land at Port in four-club mega trade - Done deal: Horne-Francis, Rioli land at Port in four-club mega trade

That's a bit disingenuous

It was a 4 way trade. Pick 1 and JHF netted you Sheezel, Wardlaw and Ports 1st this year. Nth only traded the pick 1 because they knew GWS were taking Cadman and you'd still get Sheezel at 2.

Without that trade, Nth still have Sheezel and JHF. With the trade, you have Wardlaw and Ports 1st instead of JHF

But that doesn't suit your narrative quite aswell I guess

Done deal: Horne-Francis, Rioli land at Port in four-club mega trade - Done deal: Horne-Francis, Rioli land at Port in four-club mega trade

That's a bit disingenuous

It was a 4 way trade. Pick 1 and JHF netted you Sheezel, Wardlaw and Ports 1st this year. Nth only traded the pick 1 because they knew GWS were taking Cadman and you'd still get Sheezel at 2.

Without that trade, Nth still have Sheezel and JHF. With the trade, you have Wardlaw and Ports 1st instead of JHF

But that doesn't suit your narrative quite aswell I guess
2, 3, 15, 40, 43 for 1, 1 & 57

Edit: effectively valued pick 1 as 3, 40 & 43 in that trade

I find the narrative for pick 1 so funny and appalling. How is the ball in WCE court? If we set the price to picks 2 & 3 for pick 1, then thats the baseline price. How is that package dismissed by pundits as Norf wont do it. WCE is the seller, selling a premium product, Gucci/Ferrari etc, we set the price and for those products the buyers are happy to pay premium.

I love the arguments that well Cadman only cost pick x,y...Yes no disrespect to Cadman but he wasn't the best player to come out of his draft year. We're talking about a non key position player who would of went pick #1 in his bottom age year as a 17 year old. Let that sink in, i dont care how weak the draft was last year. He dominated his 2 VFL games this year, had 20 touches in both and took mark of the year as a 17 year old in the second highest league in the country.

It's literally pick 2,3 and norfs F1. Thats the price. Theres no comprable deal because theres never been a player come through like him that warrants such a haul. Thats why norf and every club are trying to get him.

OHHHHH, last point. Since their saying it's in WCE court, its actually not. This is Norfs only chance to get Reid, you think when he requests a trade back hom he will nominate Norf???? HA, they knew this is their only chance and they will pay up to that. The end.

Back