List Mgmt. Poll - What stops JTR (Minimum trade for Pick 1)

What is the minimum trade you would accept for Pick 1 (Harley Reid)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Keys where was 2, F1 and 15?

For me we'd love to take Harley, lock him in. There are only two deals that could tempt us to unlock him;

Option 1: Picks 2 & 3
Option 2: Picks 2, 15 & F1

In a normal draft like last year, pick 2 and 10 probably gets it done maybe a tad more. But 10 this year is like late teens to 25 pick in a normal year. This is what the Vic media are failing to understand and a lot of supporters. Pick 1 is also worth more than other years, hence the expensive price tag as above.

For anything less it just isn't worth it and taking Reid is the best option.

2,15,18 and their future first for 1, 23 and our future second. Go to the draft with 2,15,18 and 37 this year. Go to the draft next with with in reality at worst pick 2 and pick 4. But could well be 1,2. Add McKercher this year, Smith and O'Sullivan next year as mids and the midfield is done. 15,18 and 37 this year get us what is likely Hardeman, the clubs seems to have a ******* hard on for him (I disagree and think his best is a similar level to Duggan) and 2 quality KPP prospects.

Next years top end looks much better and in particular the mids look better but doesn't have the depth in talls and imo the overall depth. It is also at least as heavily compromised as this one.

But then my personal draft board now goes 1.Walter 2.McKercher 3.Reid 4.Duursma 5.Read 6.O'Sullivan 7.Curtin 8.Sanders 9.Croft 10.Murphy 11.Caddy 12.Watson 13.Roberts 14.Wilson 15.Charlie Edwards

That will be greatly different to other peoples boards, my club board and other club boards. My board only goes to 30 and I think people would be shocked with who isn't on there and who is.

But i'm not a big swinging dick media type and don't have a Victorian media agenda or a hard on for Reid. A player with subpar aerobic conditioning, man strength against boys and struggles to transition the ball whilst also not having burst speed.

Will post this in other threads.

2,15,18 and their future first for 1, 23 and our future second. Go to the draft with 2,15,18 and 37 this year. Go to the draft next with with in reality at worst pick 2 and pick 4. But could well be 1,2. Add McKercher this year, Smith and O'Sullivan next year as mids and the midfield is done. 15,18 and 37 this year get us what is likely Hardeman, the clubs seems to have a ******* hard on for him (I disagree and think his best is a similar level to Duggan) and 2 quality KPP prospects.

Next years top end looks much better and in particular the mids look better but doesn't have the depth in talls and imo the overall depth. It is also at least as heavily compromised as this one.

But then my personal draft board now goes 1.Walter 2.McKercher 3.Reid 4.Duursma 5.Read 6.O'Sullivan 7.Curtin 8.Sanders 9.Croft 10.Murphy 11.Caddy 12.Watson 13.Roberts 14.Wilson 15.Charlie Edwards

That will be greatly different to other peoples boards, my club board and other club boards. My board only goes to 30 and I think people would be shocked with who isn't on there and who is.

But i'm not a big swinging dick media type and don't have a Victorian media agenda or a hard on for Reid. A player with subpar aerobic conditioning, man strength against boys and struggles to transition the ball whilst also not having burst speed.

That's better then 2 + F1 from norf so it's decent actually

As for the seconds we offer I don't really rate them so it's fine throwaway.

2/3 shots at Reid isn't on. Since just view his Essendon VFL game where he collected 24 possesion against men in his VFL third game.

But if you want an argument has mckercher played VFL league yet?

Thanks for that Phil. I haven't followed the enormous amount of pages in the draft thread so didn't know if that question had been addressed .

If 2, 6 and 15 could guarantee McKercher and Curtin plus whatever we could get at 15, I'd be tempted. But I doubt McKercher or Curtin get to 6.

Interesting that the go home factor is still a concern for some with Reid but being somewhat overlooked by some who like McKercher. As has been said previously in this thread, at least if we got Reid and he is as good as it seems he is and the worst happened, we would hopefully be able to get a king's ransom for him. We have no idea what the Tassie concessions will be and if McKercher is the gun we think he is, who knows what mechanisms could be put in place that allow them to pick him up with us getting some AFL decided and likely inferior compensation.

I am 1000% on board with this.

You could then trade the north F1 and 37 for crows 10 14 F1

That still gives you another F1 in next year's draft. Say around pick 12-15. That would likely be enough for buzzlinger if he proves he's worth it.

2 10 14 15 18

F1 crows F1 F3

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back