Roast Poll: Which catastrophic Adelaide Crows admin failure was worst?

Which major Adelaide Crows admin failure was worst?

• Kurt Tippett scandal

Votes: 101 58.7%
  • Burton & Camp scandal

Votes: 54 31.4%
  • Bryce Gibbs trade

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • Letting Brad Crouch leave for a pittance

Votes: 13 7.6%

• Total voters

Sucka4Love

Team Captain
Aug 23, 2010
Reservoir
AFL Club
Adelaide
Considering the earliest of the 4 options happened in 2012, we're averaging a monumental failure every 2 years. Even if we nailed it I'd be waiting with bated breath to see what we pull out in 2022 when we should be just starting to come good.
Losing whoever we take at Pick 1 this year

Sep 7, 2005
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LA Rams, UCLA Bruins
The camp easily

Turned the best footy team in the land (and we were miles better than any other team in 2017) into a blubbering mindful mess

Completely misread the group who had been brought together into a brotherhood by unimaginable tragedy and decided to try and break them...and break them they did. And the club at the same time

What a disaster

Aug 13, 2006
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
It was my clear #1 before I even thought of that part. It truly was the AFC at its worst. Unrivalled incompetence combined with everyone involved getting off scot free and the supporters being lied to. And not only that, if you dared question the self serving dictators that were running our club into the ground you were labelled an "agitator".

Wowee, between Trigg, Burton, Roo, Smart, we've had some real PR winners at the club in the last decade.

This is the worst for both on field impact, but also, as you say, the cultural impact.

This was the point where it became clear that the Team wasn’t the priority of the Club - the Executive was.

It was the start of a complete lack of accountability and responsibility for anything at executive/management level.

We’re still suffering from it.

Thegibbsgamble

I beg to meg
Oct 28, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
The camp easily

Turned the best footy team in the land (and we were miles better than any other team in 2017) into a blubbering mindful mess

Completely misread the group who had been brought together into a brotherhood by unimaginable tragedy and decided to try and break them...and break them they did. And the club at the same time

What a disaster

Pyke Blamed The players for losing the gf. Players disagreed and got punished for it

Dec 14, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Does anyone know a time when the AFL made a decision that was biased in our favour? I honestly can't think of any.

I know of (just of the top of my head):
  1. Bryce Gibbs father/son.
  2. 2002 "home" semi-final played at the MCG.
  3. Tippetgate.
  4. Dean Bailey suspension.
  5. Matt Rendell firing.
  6. Brad Crouch compensation.
All decisions that had a heavy bias towards disadvantaging/penalizing us more than arguably necessary.
They let Adelaide attempt a fair value trade for Tippett in hopes that they wouldn't have to step in and sanction the Crows. For all my disappointment with the excessive penalty for agreeing to trade a player at the price specified by the AFL, they tried to allow us to clean up our own mess quietly.

Aug 13, 2006
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
They let Adelaide attempt a fair value trade for Tippett in hopes that they wouldn't have to step in and sanction the Crows. For all my disappointment with the excessive penalty for agreeing to trade a player at the price specified by the AFL, they tried to allow us to clean up our own mess quietly.

The Brisbane one?

dylan123

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 3, 2008
AFL Club
Adelaide
Tough choice between Tippett and the camp for mine.

Tippett had more impact on the list etc while the camp ruined any chance we had of ever bouncing back.

The other two aren't even close, I'd say had the camp saga not happened the Gibbs decision mightn't have looked as bad either if we made it to the GF again given he played good footy for us in his first season.

Tippett was the worst, however a clear second on the list is the failure to bring in an experienced footy person to replace Noble. Pretty much every * up since 2017 stems from this.

Jun 30, 2014
The Winchester
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, East Side Hawks
Four major, catastrophic errors made by our wonderful administration in the last decade.

Which was the worst?
Why? A failure is what it is. I’d be more interested to know who were the Admins in charge when these instances happened and then we could all start to pick it apart and hone in on the targets with emotions.

Jun 30, 2014
The Winchester
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, East Side Hawks
Tippett cost us a premiership, if not a dynasty. I doubt we'll ever do something as bad
He only showed a spark on his way out the door in the first half. Later he was nowhere to be seen. His contract cost us. Player scape wise he was eventually * all.

JPetro83

Premiership Player
Sep 25, 2014
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, Adel United & Leeds United
toss up between Camp and Tippett. both cost us a flag

ltdamn

Premiership Player
Nov 29, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg, Seahawks, Mariners, Celtic
You could really re-do this poll with the respective owners of each F-UP

Steven Trigg
Brett Burton
Justin Reid
Adam Kelly

Impressive that Kelly has managed to Hall of Fame himself into such prestigious company as Trigg in such a short space of time, really shows great potential for him in the future when it comes to steering this club into disaster after disaster.

Thegibbsgamble

I beg to meg
Oct 28, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
I have serious form on this board for predicting stuff.

My user name. A certain mod was messaging me when I made it all those years ago, thinking I was a troll. If he re reads them, he will see how right I was.

. Thoae men in harleys turning up to training I didn't see coming and perhaps the user name should of been changed.

One of the first to call out the football director

And I said 5 years ago after those tragic events, that are very much part of where we are now, we'd either go the very top or the very bottom.

Few Other things as well.

We have to have empathy for those at the club since Walsh passed but the worse thing we've done is appoint John olsen.

He's sold this state out as Liberal power broker and as sanfl boss. Destroyed all integrity of both. A Leapord does Not change its spots. He means nothing to us or our history. Has no connection to us what so ever. Under his watch crows players were robbed of mageey medals. We got some cheating umps in big games as well. The rewriting of the rules so norf could play the gf, simply for the controversy factor generating Media interest.

He has No Morals. He is no better David Warner and Steve Smith, and that ice skater chick who had her opponant knee capped.

The 2 best things this state has ever had in sport is football Park and the Australian grand prix. Hes got dirty hands with both of them. His Mates just took the Only other decent thing away.

Clipsal.

We would of been better off with Kevin foley as president. Even Mark I run this town ricciutto.

Back