Roast Poll: Which catastrophic Adelaide Crows admin failure was worst?

Which major Adelaide Crows admin failure was worst?

• Kurt Tippett scandal

Votes: 101 58.7%
  • Burton & Camp scandal

Votes: 54 31.4%
  • Bryce Gibbs trade

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • Letting Brad Crouch leave for a pittance

Votes: 13 7.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Letting Brad leave for a pittance was one thing

The whole Benny Hill show chase scene was humiliating and chaotic, leaving us looking a laughing stock

what is one thing, how was a whole lot worse

the other stuff was dubious, this is flat out incompetence

The Kurt Tippett scandal easily - especially as the key people involved in it didn’t lose their jobs as a result.

Ultimately those responsible for the camp were removed from the club. The Gibbs trade seemed like a good idea at the time, by the time his character was exposed it was too late.

The Crouch deal pales in significance compared to at the least the top two.

The Kurt Tippett scandal easily - especially as the key people involved in it didn’t lose their jobs as a result.

Ultimately those responsible for the camp were removed from the club. The Gibbs trade seemed like a good idea at the time, by the time his character was exposed it was too late.
It was my clear #1 before I even thought of that part. It truly was the AFC at its worst. Unrivalled incompetence combined with everyone involved getting off scot free and the supporters being lied to. And not only that, if you dared question the self serving dictators that were running our club into the ground you were labelled an "agitator".

Wowee, between Trigg, Burton, Roo, Smart, we've had some real PR winners at the club in the last decade.

Tippett cost us a premiership, if not a dynasty. I doubt we'll ever do something as bad

Well we've got a chance to * up a premiership right now if we don't do this rebuild right. We're off to a great start in that regard.

Well we've got a chance to fu** up a premiership right now if we don't do this rebuild right. We're off to a great start in that regard.
Considering the earliest of the 4 options happened in 2012, we're averaging a monumental failure every 2 years. Even if we nailed it I'd be waiting with bated breath to see what we pull out in 2022 when we should be just starting to come good.

It was my clear #1 before I even thought of that part. It truly was the AFC at its worst. Unrivalled incompetence combined with everyone involved getting off scot free and the supporters being lied to. And not only that, if you dared question the self serving dictators that were running our club into the ground you were labelled an "agitator".

Wowee, between Trigg, Burton, Roo, Smart, we've had some real PR winners at the club in the last decade.

There’s still a decent element of the current supporter group who still won’t have a bad word said about Trigg, because ‘He’s a good bloke’ apparently.

He may very well be a nice guy but his business ethics were exposed pretty badly following the Tippett scandal, and he hasn’t exactly done much to change that perception since.

These same people won’t have a bar of Fagan because he doesn’t bow down to them, ignoring how much stronger financially the club has been since he came on board.

You forgot getting * all for Dangerfield and his walking after only giving us 7 years not 8.

The Crouch deal pales in significance compared to at the least the top two.

This is bad because it’s the new breed are just as incompetent.

I reckon this thread feels a bit hindsight heroish.

I reckon we need a poll on what we will completely * up next

- Hately Trade costs pick 9
- End up paying SANFL $400k to remain in a competition despite even worse conditions
- Giving David Mackay 2 more years
- End up agreeing to move to Elizabeth with Adelaide United for collective benefits
- agreeing to giving a indigenous round blockbuster in exchange for a Easter Home game 'blockbuster' which end up being Crows v Stkilda on a Sunday arvo at 12.30
- re-appointing Trigg CEO to replace Fagan, signiallying to fans it will bring back 'the good old days'
- Appointing Neil Kerley as Strategy coach.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tippet scandal and the Camp are in a league of their own. Nobody apart from Adelaide supporters will care about the Crouch deal in 12 months time, and not many outside us or Carlton would care about the Gibbs deal anymore.

I reckon we need a poll on what we will completely fu** up next

- End up paying SANFL $400k to remain in a competition despite even worse conditions
- End up agreeing to move to Elizabeth with Adelaide United for collective benefits
- agreeing to giving a indigenous round blockbuster in exchange for a Easter Home game 'blockbuster' which end up being Crows v Stkilda on a Sunday arvo at 12.30
- re-appointing Trigg CEO to replace Fagan, signiallying to fans it will bring back 'the good old days'

1)we'll give a pick within the second round in the Hately deal
2)We'll be bending to the SANFL in every way it wants given our two new SANFL recruits. paying an extra 400k to stay in the competition will be getting off lightly.
3)we're going to give Mackay another 1 year contract but he may get another one beyond that

those are all serious predictions on my part.

1)we'll give a pick within the second round in the Hately deal
2)We'll be bending to the SANFL in every way it wants given our two new SANFL recruits. paying an extra 400k to stay in the competition will be getting off lightly.
3)we're going to give Mackay another 1 year contract but he may get another one beyond that

those are all serious predictions on my part.
Yeah, I may have taken it a touch too far 🤣

Does anyone know a time when the AFL made a decision that was biased in our favour? I honestly can't think of any.

I know of (just of the top of my head):
  1. Bryce Gibbs father/son.
  2. 2002 "home" semi-final played at the MCG.
  3. Tippetgate.
  4. Dean Bailey suspension.
  5. Matt Rendell firing.
  6. Brad Crouch compensation.
All decisions that had a heavy bias towards disadvantaging/penalizing us more than arguably necessary.

Does anyone know a time when the AFL made a decision that was biased in our favour? I honestly can't think of any.

I know of (just of the top of my head):
  1. Bryce Gibbs father/son.
  2. 2002 "home" semi-final played at the MCG.
  3. Tippetgate.
  4. Dean Bailey suspension.
  5. Matt Rendell firing.
  6. Brad Crouch compensation.
All decisions that had a heavy bias towards disadvantaging/penalizing us more than arguably necessary.
They let us have a weekend off after our coach was murdered. Probably under duress.

The Kurt Tippett disaster was by far the worst failure at our club followed by Trigg and Chapman not standing down immediately. An absolute disgrace

This Brad to the Saints does not even register on the bad decisions made by the Crows, not even in the top 3 worse trades we made
People seem to forget the history of Bad trades, and selections in the 2000s,
Then there reason for player disharmony causing Cornes to lose his job, and putting up with 2 years of Shaw.
The sacking of various personnel. throughout there history,

This does not hurt as much as losing the prelims losing the 2017 grand final, And I wanted to keep Brad, but he Gone. and for 10 picks higher than I wanted.

This latest debacle makes it impossible to believe we’ve turned the corner in any way, shape, or form.

That makes it the worst for mine.

In the event pick 1 turns out to be ‘the chosen one’, it’s hard not to imagine another epic thread about how he’s out of here and how badly we’re getting shafted in the deal.

A lot has been made about Essendon’s ‘mass exodus’, but at least they can attract talent the other way. They also have a ruthless negotiator managing the list. Would rather be them than us, even with their massive finals drought.

We now have an embarrassingly long list of disgruntled players who have walked. Sometimes we get fairly compensated, but often not. We almost never attract a best 22 player. Instead we take our hand back to the draft and start the cycle again. It’s like ******* Groundhog Day.

The idea is to improve the list each offseason, not go backwards and make the best out of a s**t sandwich. We badly need some balls and competence in the footy dept.

I reckon we need a poll on what we will completely fu** up next

X. All of the above.

There’s still a decent element of the current supporter group who still won’t have a bad word said about Trigg, because ‘He’s a good bloke’ apparently.

He may very well be a nice guy but his business ethics were exposed pretty badly following the Tippett scandal, and he hasn’t exactly done much to change that perception since.

These same people won’t have a bar of Fagan because he doesn’t bow down to them, ignoring how much stronger financially the club has been since he came on board.

Fagan is s**t, he benefitted from a superior stadium deal and the increased crowds the move brought. He's then squandered it on side businesses that drain cash. Our financial position was poor on balance day 2019. We owed about $3m more to creditors than what we had in the bank from memory. Don't be fooled that we're performing strongly and we're in a strong position, it's rubbish.

Back