Poll - Who would you rate as the weakest premiership side in the AFL era?

Which premiership team would you rate as the weakest of the AFL era?

• Collingwood 1990

Votes: 64 4.2%
  • Hawthorn 1991

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • West Coast 92-94

Votes: 3 0.2%
  • Essendon 1993

Votes: 73 4.7%
  • Carlton 1995

Votes: 16 1.0%
  • North 96-99

Votes: 18 1.2%
  • Adelaide 97-98

Votes: 126 8.2%
  • Essendon 2000

Votes: 34 2.2%
  • Brisbane 2001-2003

Votes: 3 0.2%
  • Port 2004

Votes: 40 2.6%
  • Sydney 2005

Votes: 35 2.3%
  • West Coast 2006

Votes: 13 0.8%
  • Geelong 2007-2011

Votes: 14 0.9%
  • Hawthorn 2008

Votes: 28 1.8%
  • Collingwood 2010

Votes: 26 1.7%
  • Sydney 2012

Votes: 13 0.8%
  • Hawthorn 2013-2015

Votes: 25 1.6%
  • Bulldogs 2016

Votes: 494 32.1%
  • Richmond 2017

Votes: 509 33.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

That worked out well for you last time, Dean.
Do you always enter a conversation with your chin?

Have Richmond finally rolled into the 3rd line of betting after a Premiership? You must be proud of what they've achieved in the last few months, considering they were rated so poorly on the 29th of Sept.

View attachment 453910
You are the one who brought up odds as a measurement of premiership strength... stupidly I might add. I’m now showing you we are 3rd in odds $1 behind the favorites. I couldn’t give a toss what our odds are as they mean nothing, the only thing I know is you are only as good as your last game and our last game was pretty damn special. As a hawks fan you should know it’s good to be the champs, very good indeed:)

You are the one who brought up odds as a measurement of premiership strength... stupidly I might add. I’m now showing you we are 3rd in odds $1 behind the favorites. I couldn’t give a toss what our odds are as they mean nothing, the only thing I know is you are only as good as your last game and our last game was pretty damn special. As a hawks fan you should know it’s good to be the champs, very good indeed:)
As I said, congrats on being on the 3rd line of betting immediately after a flag.

No other side has been able to be rated so lowly after a flag, so you must be chuffed.

As I said, congrats on being on the 3rd line of betting immediately after a flag.

No other side has been able to be rated so lowly after a flag, so you must be chuffed.
Flag is tainted, better throw all my memorabilia out.

Rated? The only way you are rated in this comp is when the engraver puts your name on the cup. Best side in the comp champ, your bitterness makes me smile.

Rated? The only way you are rated in this comp is when the engraver puts your name on the cup. Best side in the comp champ, your bitterness makes me smile.
You're making arguments that were swatted away 10 pages ago.

The bookmakers don't just throw darts at a wall to get their odds.

I would but luckily I don't place importance on bookmaker odds because I'm not a ****;)
You're here biting on some pretty cheap bait though.

Had to bump a thread which had no responses since the 26/1. Sad stuff.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ummm Abasi
Richmond now equal first odds on sports bet.
In your mind, does that make our finals series, the most dominant this century, and magnificent premiership victory more worthy?
Or are you still really really angry at the Tigers for winning a premiership without needing massive tax payer handouts like little Hawthorn did?

Richmond won 2 finals by over 100 points last year so it has to be the most dominant finals series ever.

I'm not sure the OP is on the money based on that and the fact that they won all 3 games away from their home ground which is very hard to do.

Ummm Abasi
Richmond now equal first odds on sports bet.
In your mind, does that make our finals series, the most dominant this century, and magnificent premiership victory more worthy?
Or are you still really really angry at the Tigers for winning a premiership without needing massive tax payer handouts like little Hawthorn did?
Umm, the current odds don’t change the fact that Richmond is the first Premier in more than a decade to fall to the 4th line of betting for the very next flag, immediately after winning one.

Hence, it was seen as a weak premier.

Nothing has changed.

Don’t confuse a strong opinion for anger.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Umm, the current odds don’t change the fact that Richmond is the first Premier in more than a decade to fall to the 4th line of betting for the very next flag, immediately after winning one.

Nothing has changed.

So you are basing your opinion on betting odds! No wonder you guys went bananas when Burtone did not win the rising star! It all makes sense now.

So you are basing your opinion on betting odds! No wonder you guys went bananas when Burtone did not win the rising star! It all makes sense now.
No other Premier has immediately fell to 4th line of betting.

If Richmond werent seen as a weak premier so widely this simply doesn’t happen.

You are referring to this years odds though! There could be plenty of reasons for that such as draw, early injuries etc, etc. I don’t think it is the best tool for measuring the very subjective perceived weakness of a premiership team!

Let the tiger fans enjoy their success. It was a long time coming and definitely deserved. It is still a bit too early to include them into the conversation for mine. Maybe in a couple of years when they have had an opportunity to go back to back.

You are referring to this years odds though! There could be plenty of reasons for that such as draw, early injuries etc, etc. I don’t think it is the best tool for measuring the very subjective perceived weakness of a premiership team!

Let the tiger fans enjoy their success. It was a long time coming and definitely deserved. It is still a bit too early to include them into the conversation for mine. Maybe in a couple of years when they have had an opportunity to go back to back.
Every other Premier of the last 10+ years has been immediately backed into being Premiers(or second line of betting) as soon as the next market opens.

With Richmond it was not the case.

The fact the punters and bookies looked directly at Crows, Swans and Giants as soon as the market opened up for the 2018 tells us where their flag was rated.

Every other Premier of the last 10+ years has been immediately backed into being Premiers(or second line of betting) as soon as the next market opens.

With Richmond it was not the case.

The fact the punters and bookies looked directly at Crows, Swans and Giants as soon as the market opened up for the 2018 tells us where their flag was rated.
Do you rate Adelaide as a better chance of winning the flag than Richmond? Seriously?
Ditto GWS whose performance continues to be below expectations (in my opinion anyway).
As I said, the odds are subjective, much like this thread and unless you could someohow play the premiership sides off against each other, you can’t really tell!

Nothing has changed.

Can you show us the the line of betting of the other Premiership teams over the last 10 years, if not well you know it is the Bay.

It could also mean the bookies didn't quite appreciate just how good Richmond was and now after a few games have made an adjustment. Our year last year was top shelf. We only finished half a game behind Adelaide and had several games decided by a kick. The GWS game in particular was decided after a goal was given the all clear only to be reversed by the third umpire. Highly unusual.
So I just think people have underestimated us. There are a lot of threads that talk about overrating teams and players. Not so many about underrating them. If by some chance we win the flag this year, I bet you that people will look at 2017 differently.
They're just not used to Richmond being good. I think that is the crux of it.

I don't understand why anyone would use bookie odds to underline any kind of argument about a team's chances

I picked bloody sydney last night - was adelaide a weak side last night as most surely would've also picked sydney?

Can you show us the the line of betting of the other Premiership teams over the last 10 years, if not well you know it is the Bay.
Read back through the thread. It’s there

Back