Poll: Will you willingly get a Covid vaccine in the next year or so?

Will you willingly get a covid vaccine in the next year or so?

• Yes

Votes: 246 65.6%
  • No

Votes: 129 34.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks like the government chief medical officer has signed up for an account.

Need a bigpharma forum.

Looks like the government chief medical officer has signed up for an account.

Need a bigpharma forum.

Nope - just a scientist who is sick of non-scientists spreading misinformation and fear. I understand; if you don't understand something, it is easiest to fear it. The best way to overcome the fear is to learn about it.

Happy to send you some links on how the different vaccines work, and some great accessable resources on cell biology and biochemistry. A great introduction to cell biology can be found in this recent book:

3.png

Brandy Vaughan? Really? Made herself millions of her anti-vaxxer followers in the U.S. Posted many instagram photos of herself skiing in Viel Colorado, where she owned a house (along with her house San Francisco). Not a scientist - yes, she worked for Merck, but her degree was in economics.

Makes same tired points about the dangers of vaccines that have been exposed as incorrect over and over again.

No scientific evidence to back up her claims, just anecdotal stories.

As a disclaimer: I'm not here defending big pharma for all the activities they undertake (lobbying, 'paying' doctors etc). However, given the scale of the vaccine rollout, it would be corporate economic suicide to produce a vaccine that posed an excessive risk to human health given the scrutiny that will be applied to its use.

Got any actual evidence based on data, or just YouTube videos of your anti-vax agenda?

‘75 year-old man dies of a heart attack’. What’s unusual about that? The fact that he’d had a COVID vaccine recently is immaterial - correlation does not imply causation, as the article states

I’m sorry that you’re afraid of the vaccine and don’t understand the science well enough. I’m sorry that you’ve travelled a long way down the YouTube anti-vax algorithm rabbit hole. I’ve lost friends down the Q-hole this year in a similar manner.

At some point you need to realise that posting unexplained random links to non-scientific information trying to scare people into not getting the COVID vaccine is just sad. If you’re scared of it, don’t get it.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

‘75 year-old man dies of a heart attack’. What’s unusual about that? The fact that he’d had a COVID vaccine recently is immaterial - correlation does not imply causation, as the article states

I’m sorry that you’re afraid of the vaccine and don’t understand the science well enough. I’m sorry that you’ve travelled a long way down the YouTube anti-vax algorithm rabbit hole. I’ve lost friends down the Q-hole this year in a similar manner.

At some point you need to realise that posting unexplained random links to non-scientific information trying to scare people into not getting the COVID vaccine is just sad. If you’re scared of it, don’t get it.

So many COVID deaths were partially attributed to co-morbities but you don't wanna know about that. But when it's a vaccine death it's definitely not the vaccine?

So many COVID deaths were partially attributed to co-morbities but you don't wanna know about that. But when it's a vaccine death it's definitely not the vaccine?

Read the article and understand science - correlation (the fact the 75 year old had a heart attack 2 hours after receiving the vaccine) does not imply causation (the vaccine caused the heart attack). This is clearly pointed out.

Have covid, die of a heart attack - not covid
Have a covid vaccination, die of a heart attack - is vaccine related

Even though the 1st was 40s and the 2nd was 80s.
I didnt say anything about anyone else so not sure why youre making comparisons. Anyway all of 3 cases, Melbourne better shut everything again to be safe /s

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What Melbourne should do is listen to the scientists and doctors who know what they are talking about.
About 1 topic. Theyre literally bankrupting a city at the same time. There needs to be balance. By throwing all resources at covid isnt providing balance and 100% creates more problems than it solves...

Lock down again for all i care. It'll work this time. "Just a few weeks to flatten the curve" LOL.

About 1 topic. Theyre literally bankrupting a city at the same time. There needs to be balance. By throwing all resources at covid isnt providing balance and 100% creates more problems than it solves...

Lock down again for all i care. It'll work this time. "Just a few weeks to flatten the curve" LOL.

They've had ample warning about the virus, and lockdown is the only solution they can think of :p LOL.

They've had ample warning about the virus, and lockdown is the only solution they can think of :p LOL.
Dole bludging, introverts love lockdowns as it doesnt cost them anything. Their life sucks so it brings us all to their level. People in the real world with jobs, businesses to run, social lives, family interstate and actual life goals, less so...

Imagine seeing on the news someone youve never met is a "case" and going to line up for hours to get despite no symptoms. How dumb and sad do you need to be

Dole bludging, introverts love lockdowns as it doesnt cost them anything. Their life sucks so it brings us all to their level. People in the real world with jobs, businesses to run, social lives, family interstate and actual life goals, less so...

Imagine seeing on the news someone youve never met is a "case" and going to line up for hours to get despite no symptoms. How dumb and sad do you need to be

Have a happy new year dude.

Was purely going to line up for a jab if it meant we could travel sooner but it’s looking highly likely my work will make it mandatory anyway. Can actually see plenty of work places making it mandatory aswell

Was purely going to line up for a jab if it meant we could travel sooner but it’s looking highly likely my work will make it mandatory anyway. Can actually see plenty of work places making it mandatory aswell
I highly doubt this would be legal

Nope because I don't need it. Been sick once in 10 years & that was the Flu where I was in bed for 2 days.
If you wanna get the vaccine, go ahead. It's suppose to be a free a country, where an individual has the right to make their own choices & asses their own risks.
Unfortunately both sides have zealots that love enforcing their will & ideals on other individuals & Politicians thrive on the Tribalism

You don't know this for sure.
lol that's called 'Life' people make their own Objective judgement every single day & make trade-offs.
If you are terrified of a virus, akin to a bad flu for the majority of individuals, & a vaccine will make you feel safe & reassure you. Take the vaccine I'm not gonna stop you

lol that's called 'Life' people make their own Objective judgement every single day & make trade-offs.
If you are terrified of a virus, akin to a bad flu for the majority of individuals, & a vaccine will make you feel safe & reassure you. Take the vaccine I'm not gonna stop you
I'm not terrified of anything, due to my current age and health I will probably be ok, but that isn't a certainty.

I do have a very low opinion of anyone who says "I won't need it" or "I won't get sick" when there are numerous examples of normally healthy people in their 30's suffering for months after having COVID including athletes. It isn't a common flu.

I will take the vaccine because one, I'd rather avoid being sick including the possibility of months of fatigue and two, because it will most likely be a requirement for getting my life back on track, a process which people like you in this country will hold up with your garbage logic.

Back