Poll: Will you willingly get a Covid vaccine in the next year or so?

Will you willingly get a covid vaccine in the next year or so?

• Yes

Votes: 246 65.6%
  • No

Votes: 129 34.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Any examples of conspiracy theories I'm pushing?

...you just posted one in the first sentence of your last post.

Look, I know the folks in the Conspiracies forum have a way of arguing but I am not bothering to engage if you are trying to bring it here.

...you just posted one in the first sentence of your last post.

Look, I know the folks in the Conspiracies forum have a way of arguing but I am not bothering to engage if you are trying to bring it here.
Please quote it so I know what you're talking about, and explain how it's a conspiracy theory.

Watch all the people who shout about pro-choice flip the coin when it comes to the COVID jab.

Are you trying to compare abortion to vaccinations? What is the rationale for comparing a medical procedure that affects just one versus a medical procedure that affects people around you? Are you also opposed to 'no jab no play' policies in Australia?

Never said I was smarter. Never thought I was. Just willing to question things. Every jab has been consistent with testing and trials until this one. Why the fu** would I rush out for it?

Each of the main vaccines from what I've read successfully completed trials. The simple reason why COVID vaccines are out so quickly is because manufacturers started mass production when it was still in early trials - they were willing to gamble on it early unlike most other vaccines. There were over a hundred being worked on since the start of the pandemic (including in Australia) - yet how many have been approved for public use? Tens of millions of people now have a vaccine of some sort, vaccines that have undergone the full gamut of trials - have there been reports of mass side effects from vaccinations from flawed testing? Or reports of mass ineffectiveness of vaccines? I am aware of questions about the effectiveness of the Chinese vaccine but overall no one has seen anything to question the safety or efficacy of the main ones the western world are using.

Again, like your other brethren you post frequently in Conspiracies but surely you see the flawed logic in both of your posts?

Again, like your other brethren you post frequently in Conspiracies but surely you see the flawed logic in both of your posts?
My initial wording wasn't great. Pro choice isn't the right term. Those who peddle the my body my choice line might flip that opinion when a COVID Vax is coerced into us.

As for the rushed jab, the Pfizer vaccine has a higher chance of harming me (and many others than aren't older than 65) than the virus itself does. Mathematically speaking many people are better off taking the risk. Why would I rush out for something when it doesn't even slightly help me (or a majority of others)?

And the conspiracy board are hardly my brethren. I go there because points of view that differ from the mainstream are bought up and argued/debated about. Evidence is also bought forward, not just some random YouTube video or Facebook post. I often disagree with posters on that board too. We're not all one big collective cult over there like we're often judged as.

Peter Doherty*
an actual immunologist and a Nobel prize-winning one at that ... tweeted ...: “After a bad ‘flu years back, I’ve been taking 50-60% effective flu vaccines at every opportunity. No ‘flu since! I’m not a frontline (health care worker) and I’ll take whatever COVID vaccine I’m offered ASAP. We cannot delay vaccine rollout and risk major illness in winter.”

* like Petes work:
He and his research partner, Rolf Zinkernagel, won the 1996 Nobel prize in physiology or medicine by discovering how T cells recognise their target antigens in combination with major histocompatibility complex proteins.

If you have any knowledge of vaccines, check this out https://www.doherty.edu.au/

CAT 4 here.

Maybe by years end?
Not especially fussed - will wait until the queues die down

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got a relo at the Health Department.

Being 18-35 and healthy it will be December at the earliest i think. like many i wont be lining up first day but ill get round to it at some point.
Yeah get the feeling that despite to our PM's assurance that we are at the head of the queue for the vaccine, that might not be the case.

It'll be a requirement for my job so I'll get it - I had about half a dozen jabs when I started so one more is no big deal

I must admit I'm a bit surprised at how many people have a problem with it

It'll be a requirement for my job so I'll get it - I had about half a dozen jabs when I started so one more is no big deal

Can thank the Internet and in particular the plague on society that is social media.

Because it is painful, like getting pricked by rose thorns or blackberries. It is the anticipation that makes it worse.

Who would have thought that many Australians would not be getting fully vaccinated until 2022.

How prescient.
iu

the media has sensationalised it somewhat. if you were to read the chances of rare blood clots causing death as 1/1000000 or whatever it is, on a typical waiver or consent form when you were to enter hospital for a procedure you may not bat an eyelid. but our success in keeping covid away makes it feel like less of a necessity like your average hospital procedure. there are countries in the world, like andorra or czech, where nearly 1 in 6 have caught covid. for these european countries like italy or uk with 100k dead and the constant threat of lockdown, it's a hoop the public might be more willing to jump through. here, after some quarantine boo-boos, aside from overseas travel and tourism dollar life is not too dissimilar to 2019. covid doesn't stare us in the face.

...that said, and i've crapped on about this in the other thread already, medical advice states i should avoid both the AZ and pfizer at this point in time. medical history of cvst.

Back