Poll: Will you willingly get a Covid vaccine in the next year or so?

Will you willingly get a covid vaccine in the next year or so?

• Yes

Votes: 246 65.6%
  • No

Votes: 129 34.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

UK hospitals have cancelled at least 13,000 operations over the last two months as they struggle to cope with record demand for NHS care and people sick with Covid-19.

Figures collected by A&E doctors showed that 13,061 planned surgeries had to be called off during October and November because of shortages of beds and staff.

Is it common for people to mix and match their vaccines?

I saw on some news article that supposedly this is a good thing, like mixing red bull and jagermeister.

Anybody here going to try to collect them all?

Is it common for people to mix and match their vaccines?

I saw on some news article that supposedly this is a good thing, like mixing red bull and jagermeister.

Anybody here going to try to collect them all?
They did it in the UK and Canada ....probably other places too

Basically tried to get it in arms as fast as they could with what they had

It will be important for the 3rd world to just get shots in no matter what without sophisticated record keeping,required to match shots

Nah but seriously. I had two moderna shots. And will see the results of whether getting a third as booster or a pfizer booster will do a better job as i get closer to my time for booster
Im going to try and get a Moderna as my booster but will take a Pz.....I would also consider something else if the numbers looked good but I doubt we will have numbers by the time its my turn

Its a strange disease it seems that variety in protection is a good thing ....where Sinavac wasnt that great with the early versions it seems ok with Omicron ???

It seems 3 of what ever combo is still better than an 2 of whatever when they get older.

Research is suggesting 2 jabs and a dose of ronna is pretty good for omicron too......I might try and get the 3rd in before I get to test that option

x3 Mod
No blood, didnt feel it will see how I go tomorrow.

bloody hot waiting in an air conned tent in a Qld summer
the other 2 were air conned big halls production lines (pop up clinics) this was nice casual and professional Drs clinic

Wifes feeling a bit sore and sad, got dizzy threw up last night, Ive got a slightly sore arm pit (not that bad really...for me)

For me much much less than 2nd Pz (felt like a punch in the arm), for wife worse.

Covid booster jab triggers immune response in days, not weeks, say scientists

Those who receive a Covid booster jab can expect to mount an immune response in a matter of days – not weeks, scientists say.

The boosters have been shown to restore the body’s immunological defences against Omicron, which appears capable of infecting those who are double-jabbed.

While it takes up to two weeks to prime the immune system against Covid after a first dose, the effects of a booster jab start to be felt within two to three days, experts believe.

“The immunity generated after a booster jab will rise much quicker than the first immune response,” said Gary McLean, a professor in molecular immunology at London Metropolitan University.

That’s because crucial memory cells activated after the first dose will still be present in the body, Prof McLean explained, and therefore “do not require the two-week activation and instruction phase they initially go through”.

booster done
quite a few people there for their boosters just at a local basketball court, walk ins allowed too so they must have enough stock

(Log in to remove this ad.)

National cabinet has wrapped up with no changes made to the definition of “fully vaccinated” in Australia. Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews had been pushing for the term to be redefined so that people would need to have received three doses of the Covid jab to earn the classification. But states and territories are still waiting for final advice from the national advisory panel. Speaking ahead of a meeting of national cabinet on Thursday, the Victorian Premier said the third shot was critical.

r3vh797hq7e81.jpg

Interesting to see what they do with people under the age of 20 with mandates.

With data like that, though, it's a compelling case for mandating the booster shot, especially if it holds that the booster reduces the likelihood of transmission.
Yep, I can agree with it being mandated when the science says so. For the younger people it 100% shouldn't be mandated until the data says it is beneficial.

Back