Poll: Will you willingly get a Covid vaccine in the next year or so?

Will you willingly get a covid vaccine in the next year or so?

• Yes

Votes: 246 65.6%
  • No

Votes: 129 34.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Got a phone call from the government yesterday asking me if I'd like them to book me in for the booster shot. Politely declined and they asked if I had any reason why I hadn't done it or wasn't planning on doing it. Wonder if Daniel Andrews is still keen on making 3 doses mandatory.
I’m sure he would like to, but with the border now open to those from interstate and overseas and most of them only likely to have had 2 shots, it makes it hard.

Somewhat related re vaccinations.
I've a mate about to return from a long stint overseas - he is fully vaccinated (3 Pfizer jabs) and has got all his supporting docs translated and submitted the online related airport/border digital declaration forms etc. - but how then does he register his vaccinations with our AIR so he can get the Covid check-in App/QR code - anyone know..?
Although he's researched 'Covid digital certificates' most of the related info he cannot provide as he has been/is essentially an non-resident - i.e. he has no residential address, no drivers license, no Medicare card, no Australia bank accounts etc.

Last edited:
Somewhat related re vaccinations.
I've a mate about to return from a long stint overseas - he is fully vaccinated (3 Pfizer jabs) and has got all his supporting docs translated and submitted the online related airport/border digital declaration forms etc. - but how then does he register his vaccinations with our AIR so he can get the Covid check-in App/QR code - anyone know..?
Although he's researched 'Covid digital certificates' most of the related info he cannot provide as he has been/is essentially an non-resident - i.e. he has no residential address, no drivers license, no Medicare card, no Australia bank accounts etc.

Got a phone call from the government yesterday asking me if I'd like them to book me in for the booster shot. Politely declined and they asked if I had any reason why I hadn't done it or wasn't planning on doing it. Wonder if Daniel Andrews is still keen on making 3 doses mandatory.
What did you tell them?

I had 2 AZ shots then got a couple of days of pretty bad symptoms followed by a week of cold like symptoms a month or so after the 2nd AZ jab... I will not be getting a booster.

Only anecdotal but I know 2 unvaccinated people who got Covid recently and had very mild symptoms, I have little confidence that this particular vaccine is anywhere near as effective as the original hype.

Sounds Ike they overordered and are chucking them out. I think people have wised up to what's going on.

The vaccine (I use the term loosely) not stopping you get covid.
Tired of responding to this, but let's agree to disagree: it has little effect on catching SARS-Cov-2, but a big effect in stopping you developing Covid-19.

Please look up the difference.

Given it reduces the risk of developing Covid, what else is the vaccine inhibiting?

Hospitalisations. Deaths. Long-term illness.

If you wind up in hospital from Covid, you are likely to have long-term health issues.

If you wind up in ICU, you are more likely to die.

It's simply the truth, borne out by the data.

People in hospital with Covid are ~15 times more likely not to be vaccinated.

Fifteen times.

Get vaccinated.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tired of responding to this, but let's agree to disagree: it has little effect on catching SARS-Cov-2, but a big effect in stopping you developing Covid-19.

Please look up the difference.

Given it reduces the risk of developing Covid, what else is the vaccine inhibiting?

Hospitalisations. Deaths. Long-term illness.

If you wind up in hospital from Covid, you are likely to have long-term health issues.

If you wind up in ICU, you are more likely to die.

It's simply the truth, borne out by the data.

People in hospital with Covid are ~15 times more likely not to be vaccinated.

Fifteen times.

Get vaccinated.
wow....just wow.

go fk yourself

who solved the puzzle and summoned you this time

here we go. can't stand anyone having a contra opinion?
shoot them down as it's not the company line?
Are you a cop or a politician?
or just a brainless sycophant?

here we go. can't stand anyone having a contra opinion?
shoot them down as it's not the company line?
Are you a cop or a politician?
or just a brainless sycophant?
I'm beginning to think you don't know the movie your AV is from.....

What did you tell them?
I asked them if they were a Doctor and when they said no I said no problems, can you please remove me from the call list. Hate to imagine the grief they probably get.
Sounds Ike they overordered and are chucking them out. I think people have wised up to what's going on.
More than likely.

I'm sure everyone probably has a similar experience where friends and family have gotten it (all vaccinated) and had varying levels of illness. This being the case I wonder how you can gauge the vaccines real effectiveness until individuals have caught it at differing levels of vaccinations (then you have variants thrown in to muddy the waters).

Back