Poll: Will you willingly get a Covid vaccine in the next year or so?

Will you willingly get a covid vaccine in the next year or so?

• Yes

Votes: 246 65.6%
  • No

Votes: 129 34.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 27, 2012
Hawks heartland
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Bushrangers Tottenham Hotspur
Just found out my friend's mum who is in a nursing home had the AZ jab last week then had a stroke, she's not expected to live much longer.

Please people, postpone getting the vaccination at the very least.

Further clarification, it was the Pfizer vax she got not the AZ one. She had two doses and had the stroke after the second one.

Sep 27, 2012
Hawks heartland
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
With all due respect, person in nursing home having a stroke isn't exactly unlikely without vaccination.

Quite right. It may not be related, but it may be. Just wanted to add that info to the discussion. I was skeptical about the side effects of the vaccines being talked about in the media (as I am about all the reports about Covid itself) but now I know someone that may have had one I thought it was worth reporting.

Ok Boomer

Cancelled
A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life
Jul 27, 2015
South West
AFL Club
West Coast
Old person dies with covid = definitely covid and must shut everything

Old person dies coincidently after vaccine = they were old anyway.

Mental gymnastics of the covid cheerleaders is next level
COVID is easily diagnosed. COVID as a cause of death is easily established.

The cause and effect of a stroke, which is again not uncommon for people in nursing homes, is a lot more subjective.

This is basic logic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 27, 2012
Hawks heartland
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
What exactly is your point?

People spooked by vaccines because of doomsday merchants on the internet are absolute clowns.

The same applies to people spooked by Covid, absolute clowns. I don't know anyone that's even tested positive for Covid let alone been sick or die from it. Vaccinations only just started and already I know someone who it looks like may have had a serious side effect from the vaccine. I know which I would be more wary of.

Ok Boomer

Cancelled
Jul 27, 2015
South West
AFL Club
West Coast
The same applies to people spooked by Covid, absolute clowns. I don't know anyone that's even tested positive for Covid let alone been sick or die from it.
Why do you think that is? Do you think that the measures that have created these conditions in Australia are sustainable long term?

Sep 27, 2012
Hawks heartland
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
COVID is easily diagnosed. COVID as a cause of death is easily established.

The cause and effect of a stroke, which is again not uncommon for people in nursing homes, is a lot more subjective.

This is basic logic.

Sorry but Covid is not easily diagnosed at all. It requires a test that is unreliable at best for you to even know you have it given the symptoms range from nothing to a sniffle to the flu to viral pneumomia. Just because someone tests positive to Covid then dies doesn't mean they died from it. Remember most of the deaths occurred in nursing homes, so the point you made previously about someone dying in a nursing home equally applies to Covid as it does the vax.

Sep 27, 2012
Hawks heartland
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Why do you think that is? Do you think that the measures that have created these conditions in Australia are sustainable long term?

Because it's not what they say it is. The measures put in place have nothing to do with the incidence of Covid and of course they are not sustainable long term, we should never have had them in the first place.

Ok Boomer

Cancelled
Jul 27, 2015
South West
AFL Club
West Coast
Sorry but Covid is not easily diagnosed at all. It requires a test that is unreliable at best for you to even know you have it given the symptoms range from nothing to a sniffle to the flu to viral pneumomia. Just because someone tests positive to Covid then dies doesn't mean they died from it. Remember most of the deaths occurred in nursing homes, so the point you made previously about someone dying in a nursing home equally applies to Covid as it does the vax.
So in your opinion what would be more deadly for a vulnerable person in a nursing home. COVID, or the vaccine?

Bearing in mind your previous comment that "The measures put in place have nothing to do with the incidence of Covid and of course they are not sustainable long term, we should never have had them in the first place."

Sep 27, 2012
Hawks heartland
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
So in your opinion what would be more deadly for a vulnerable person in a nursing home. COVID, or the vaccine?

Bearing in mind your previous comment that "The measures put in place have nothing to do with the incidence of Covid and of course they are not sustainable long term, we should never have had them in the first place."

The vaccine obviously.

Aug 13, 2007
Vancouver
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oilers
The same applies to people spooked by Covid, absolute clowns. I don't know anyone that's even tested positive for Covid let alone been sick or die from it. Vaccinations only just started and already I know someone who it looks like may have had a serious side effect from the vaccine. I know which I would be more wary of.

This is opinion based from your experience. Totally valid and everyone should be free to make their choice. From another perspective, we've had as many Covid deaths as you've had cases in Australia. I know 3 who have died from it and a few others just through friends and family. We're not a third world country. We have excellent health resources. We've had 10 million or so vaccines given in the country with minimal issues. I know hundreds who have had it through work.

I believe Australia has had one death from 1.1M AZ vaccines. 1/1,100,000 is much better odds than Covid if you happen to get it. I do understand though. It must be easy to think you're not going to get it or pass it along. If I was in Australia I may think that too. It hasn't really been a risk at all with less than 1,000 deaths.

Back