Polls Thread Mk III

Remove this Banner Ad

What wrecking is there? Abbott answers questions from the media honestly. The backbench has always had a licence to speak out.
Now there was Kevin Rudd. He leaked and sniped under the veil of secrecy more often then he went to the strippers. That’s saying something.
However, me thinks you’re venting because of the polls and their noticeable tightening. Shorten will not be PM and the Libs will pick up Mayo and Longman in the upcoming bi-elections. They’re a a slight chance of snaring Braddon as well. Probably more than a slight chance.

I'd say you just jumped the shark but we passed that point years ago.

No wrecking * me Leb

They are in the process of setting up rules with new forms that prompt candidates to go through what the HC ruling requires of them.
The change will happen when legislation is passed on Friday, from reports.
As soon as that change happens they can announce the dates for the by-elections.
Yet no such action after the LNP candidates stepped down... Oh, and they dates they've chosen are now months away and coincide with Labor's National Conference. The Govt appears to be acting purely politically. Not great for the citizens, of course, especially the constituents.

Yet no such action after the LNP candidates stepped down... Oh, and they dates they've chosen are now months away and coincide with Labor's National Conference. The Govt appears to be acting purely politically. Not great for the citizens, of course, especially the constituents.

Of course there is a little by-play/LNP shiftiness in it but you can't deny that it is a good move to make the process a little more in tune with what the HC rulings demand.

Of course there is a little by-play/LNP shiftiness in it but you can't deny that it is a good move to make the process a little more in tune with what the HC rulings demand.
Wrong thread for it, but I disagree with the HC decision. I guess to make it more poll-relevant, we can point out we will now be recommended a referendum, and so I think we should have a mega one. 3-5 referenda at once. We can handle it. Just make sure all the sensible decisions have the same answer ('yes' or 'no'). It'd be great to have a Republic on there, but I doubt they're ready. I'd say just make it exactly what we have now, except with a mechanism that allows us to vote for an Australian, as well as a member of the Monarchy, to be our Head of State in 2022, and every 8 years subsequently.

NEWSPOLL

They're back on the " Hopefully we can pressure the alp into knifing Bill so we won't have to knife Mal until after the election " crap again
And the " Vote for ON because half of you are too thick to know where your preferences go " crap

NEWSPOLL

They're back on the " Hopefully we can pressure the alp into knifing Bill so we won't have to knife Mal until after the election " crap again
And the " Vote for ON because half of you are too thick to know where your preferences go " crap

So much for a budget bounce.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ahh thats better. I see this one is ALP voters preferences. Thats all that matters in any attempt by a Labor challenger

Not the other numpty tweet that continues the Kill Bill narrative

Lookin at the 2GB crowd like
stop-trying-to-5b0b69.jpg

How long would a leadership challenge in the ALP take with Rudds reforms?

Weeks probably. Unless they could do something at the conference maybe.

It’s not happening. And what if Turnbull called an election in the middle

He likes to look like a trusted uncle, but let’s not forget Turnbull was unnecessarily tricky before the last election all that senate voting stuff, which turned out to be dogsbollocks anyway

What’s even more sad is that Maggie gave it a like!
Maybe you just don't get it?

by-election

(redirected from Bi-election)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
Related to Bi-election: bye-election, general election
by-e·lec·tion
also bye-e·lec·tion (bī′ĭ-lĕk′shən)
n.
A special election held between general elections to fill a vacancy, as for a parliamentary seat.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back