Polls Thread Mk III

Remove this Banner Ad

Greens appear to have come out of the citizenship fiasco in a relatively good light

17 down, 13 to go...

I posted in the downfall of the Greens thread that people in the end - the Greens voters anyway - don't give much of two shits about it. It is mainly comprised of the rusted on Green diehards (who will still vote Green anyway no matter who) and the protest voters, who if they switch won't be because two Senators didn't do their paperwork properly.

It would've affected their support though if they held on and went through the courts to try and stall, as at the moment they are perceived very much by the protest voters as a 'clean' alternative that at least knows what they stand for.

How many times can I like that result?

I love every poll that comes out DR, I just know that as everyday that passes is a step closer to a LNP election wipeout.

The sun is starting to peek from behind those dark grey clouds.

Fact : you could cancel your account.
Fact: he'd miss you melting at Muslims for causing Aussie job losses because they don't eat pork, so pig farmers, truck drivers and supermarket staff lose their jobs because of Sharia law.

It was mentioned on Insiders that One Nation in QLD has lost 6% of their vote since the election. Bernardi's Party is on 6%. It has also been pointed out by Buzzfeed that Bernardi is still on the Liberal Party internal email list, 6 months after he left; and Bernardi is still addressing Liberal Party fundraisers.

Howard moved to the right to get the One Nation vote in the 90s. The LNP loses votes if they do that these days. So could Bernardi's party be a way to get those votes back without having to move the LNP itself? He's always going to back core Liberal ideas, unlike the all-over-the-shop One Nation.

Here are the %'s via The Conversation. Stats also show QLD's racists love German/Brit bloodlines so much that they don't even want Straya to be a Republic:
From the same sample that produced Sunday’s 51-49 result to state Queensland Labor, the Federal Queensland Galaxy poll is 51-49 to the Coalition, a one point gain for the Coalition since late April. Primary votes are 37% Coalition (up 2), 32% Labor (down 1), 12% One Nation (down 3), 7% Greens (steady) and a surprisingly strong 6% for Cory Bernardi’s Conservatives. By 48-35, Queenslanders opposed an Australian republic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did they explain it was non-binding?

A lot of people like the idea of a plebiscite, until they hear it's non-binding. Then they think it's a waste of money.
People aren't as stupid as Tony Abbott thinks they are. I remember the s**t eating grin he had on his face when he announced this whole farce knowing he'd found another way to delay the inevitable. I suspect the backlash against the Libs will only truly be evident when the youngs 'uns that enrolled to vote in this stupid survey turn up at polling booths with cricket bats in a year or so.

Did they explain it was non-binding?

A lot of people like the idea of a plebiscite, until they hear it's non-binding. Then they think it's a waste of money.
Only the intelligent ones would think that. Give me my vote, I am important, my vote matters, blah, blah, blah.

People aren't as stupid as Tony Abbott thinks they are. I remember the s**t eating grin he had on his face when he announced this whole farce knowing he'd found another way to delay the inevitable. I suspect the backlash against the Libs will only truly be evident when the youngs 'uns that enrolled to vote in this stupid survey turn up at polling booths with cricket bats in a year or so.
I doubt its a first-order issue for most people. I'll be voting "yes" because its right, and I haven't seen a single coherent argument against; but it wouldn't be swaying me one way or another at a general election.
That said, I'm not the type that preferences the coalition over other likely candidiates all that often. It has happened, but its rare. Hell, depending on the candidate I've put ONP ahead of LNP at times (I don't think we had ONP candidates last time, but I would probably put them ahead of Zed on the Senate paper).

DHoNKt2VYAA0oFB.jpg:large

The farce of parliament generally member's dual citizenship isn't totally the Turnbull's govt's fault per se, but I wonder if the punters blame the govt when parliament goes down the toilet.

Hopefully govt support will continue to leach away and settle around 44 - 56 for a massive loss next election.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back