Polls Thread Mk III

Polls are pointing to a solid win for the Yes vote in the postal shenanigan as well, so if the Tory far right dig their heels in again and fail to pass the vote, the 15% or so of voters who want SSM but still intended to vote Tory in recent polls will start to slip, and we'll find a new floor.

Benny78

Cancelled
BeanCoiNFT Investor
Apr 4, 2016
Australia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Ken Hinkley
Has it ever gone as far as 40-60 or greater in history before?

I get the feeling Turnbull could commit more crimes than Hitler and the polls would still show like 38-62. Rather than 8-92. It seems no matter what him or Abbott do at least 1/3rd of the population will always support it.

Fire

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 12, 2003
New York
AFL Club
North Melbourne

I get the feeling Turnbull could commit more crimes than Hitler and the polls would still show like 38-62. Rather than 8-92. It seems no matter what him or Abbott do at least 1/3rd of the population will always support it.

Yes welcome to politics. A good deal of people support political parties tribally, as if they were football clubs.

But these people are powerless. Its the third of people that swing that decide who wins.

medusala

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 14, 2004
Loftus Road
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Gillard had ALP below 30% of primary vote IIRC

Ratts of Tobruk

Cancelled
May 1, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
ATV Irdning
If you are talking about two-party preferred, it's not going to go to 8% anything. Or 30% as per Meds above.

That's not to do with people slavishly following a side (though, there are of course some like that), it's to do with a whole bunch of whackos and ideologues, plus even more people with genuine reasons to back one side (e.g. for the LNP they may want to pay as little tax as possible, or want socially conservative policies, or want Nationals in power because they think they speak for the regions, etc.). It's easy to get to a third of people that way.

And here's your standard reminder that a fair few of the people highly critical of the major parties have god awful opinions and just want to get rid of the centre.

There are always plenty of reasons to criticise. But there aren't many reasons to do something stupid like voting in right-wing nutjobs instead.

Lebbo73

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 20, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
Your early celebrations are starting to look shaky. With the SSM bs soon to be passed through Parliament, I can see you panicking like an altar boy on Sunday!

Showbags

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 21, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
West Ham Utd
Your early celebrations are starting to look shaky. With the SSM bs soon to be passed through Parliament, I can see you panicking like an altar boy on Sunday!

So polls are the gospel truth now they say something you like, hey Lebs?

Benny78

Cancelled
BeanCoiNFT Investor
Apr 4, 2016
Australia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Ken Hinkley
Hahaha this country is full of low class blue collar cretins with double digit IQ's. Watching the polls over the last few years is like watching a petrie dish bacteria cycle from one side back to the other.

If LNP don't want gay marriage why don't they just tell the public to * off and forget about it? Why doesn't Turnbull just moon the opposition during QT on public TV as his answer to gay marriage? Is he paranoid swing voters might develop some sort of functional memory or moral centre this time round and see through his nice new cowboy boots?

Turnbull could come out wearing cowboy boots the next day and everything will be fixed. That's what he did with penalty rates and stuff iirc lol. Nowadays most employees don't mind bleeding for business, they're complacent saps and traitors to their fellow working man.

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2007
Showers Stand
AFL Club
Essendon

Even the biggest beltings in the history of Federal polls are lucky to get over 55-45.

Political self interest is a powerful force and it's more likely than otherwise that it drags parties to an equilibrium.

Where in that post did I say the polls are the gospel truth? I was just pointing out that the next election is far from decided. Something Goldenblue won't accept.

The best result (any movement could be accounted for by margin of error) shows a landslide defeat.

Celebration time.

Back