Media Ponderings and Predictions from Uncle Spook

Remove this Banner Ad

Disclaimer: I was going to call this thread the Random Musings from the tears of Spook, but I got a letter from Noobz0r lawyer to cease and desist. Things haven’t been the same between us since the ‘incident.’

Once again, it’s Round One of a Sweet FA season and as we hang by the seat of our pants the majority have hit the ground running.

We have so many round tables discussions that we could confuse an Irishman when told to sit at the corner, a major milestone for the Grandfather of the league, a minor milestone for some washed up hack, an incredibly large amount of upstart rookies or sophomore’s looking to establish themselves, a few entry-level melts, the divvy van getting used and a few of the usual suspects struggling as they look to fade further into oblivion. All this and more and we are only at selection day.

What will the rest of the season bring? Probably the traditional burn-out, regarding activity, by trade week, but hopefully we can have quiet a few melts and a perma-ban or two by then. I know the one or two poster’s I’m keeping my eye on. The call for a couple of teams to merge or fold will again raise its head, as well it should. There are some truly abhorrent line ups out there and once again it’s the same teams peddling the same spiel that ‘we’re fine and there’s nothing to see here.’

We will likely see Cloud_ begin to blood his chosen successor as well all know there can only be two Sith at any one time. A perma-banned ex-poster will make an attempt to return through a dodgy alias or a poster will have a ‘brother’ that would like join the Sweet FA and then we will all chortle as it comes undone within 24 hours.

I see the biggest event to occur during Season 26 won’t be myself finally winning the Mobbs, getting a deserved All-Sweet FA spot after being shafted last season or finally playing in a Premiership, it will be the creation of a new sub-board. This has been a few seasons in the making and looks like it could explode in popularity at any time.

This sub-board will be a safe place and the first of its kind – a genuine role-play board. Sweet FA posters, not content with having a bit of banter regarding a fantasy football league will be able to enter full-time into a role-play board. I can only imagine how big the sub-board will get as those who enter will be able to play out all types of fantasy with whomever they desire. Imagine being able to walk around and fully expose yourself in an environment completely made by yourself.

My only desire is that is doesn’t act as Werewolf did once upon a time and take away from the actual league and threaten the main point of the board. One can but hope.

Anyhoo, back to it.

You had me until the fantasy you spoke of was of a saucy nature.

Eveeythibg here is sex, drugs, and Sickly Boys Family Club running eveeything with betting scandals.

Disgraceful.

You had me until the fantasy you spoke of was of a saucy nature.

Eveeythibg here is sex, drugs, and Sickly Boys Family Club running eveeything with betting scandals.

Disgraceful.

Eveeythibg is indeed disgraceful... I mean *, how do you mess that up so bad?

If you build something people want to do they will do it

Field%20of%20Dreams.jpg

Disclaimer: I was going to call this thread the Random Musings from the tears of Spook, but I got a letter from Noobz0r lawyer to cease and desist. Things haven’t been the same between us since the ‘incident.’

Once again, it’s Round One of a Sweet FA season and as we hang by the seat of our pants the majority have hit the ground running.

We have so many round tables discussions that we could confuse an Irishman when told to sit at the corner, a major milestone for the Grandfather of the league, a minor milestone for some washed up hack, an incredibly large amount of upstart rookies or sophomore’s looking to establish themselves, a few entry-level melts, the divvy van getting used and a few of the usual suspects struggling as they look to fade further into oblivion. All this and more and we are only at selection day.

What will the rest of the season bring? Probably the traditional burn-out, regarding activity, by trade week, but hopefully we can have quiet a few melts and a perma-ban or two by then. I know the one or two poster’s I’m keeping my eye on. The call for a couple of teams to merge or fold will again raise its head, as well it should. There are some truly abhorrent line ups out there and once again it’s the same teams peddling the same spiel that ‘we’re fine and there’s nothing to see here.’

We will likely see Cloud_ begin to blood his chosen successor as well all know there can only be two Sith at any one time. A perma-banned ex-poster will make an attempt to return through a dodgy alias or a poster will have a ‘brother’ that would like join the Sweet FA and then we will all chortle as it comes undone within 24 hours.

I see the biggest event to occur during Season 26 won’t be myself finally winning the Mobbs, getting a deserved All-Sweet FA spot after being shafted last season or finally playing in a Premiership, it will be the creation of a new sub-board. This has been a few seasons in the making and looks like it could explode in popularity at any time.

This sub-board will be a safe place and the first of its kind – a genuine role-play board. Sweet FA posters, not content with having a bit of banter regarding a fantasy football league will be able to enter full-time into a role-play board. I can only imagine how big the sub-board will get as those who enter will be able to play out all types of fantasy with whomever they desire. Imagine being able to walk around and fully expose yourself in an environment completely made by yourself.

My only desire is that is doesn’t act as Werewolf did once upon a time and take away from the actual league and threaten the main point of the board. One can but hope.

Anyhoo, back to it.

I didn't understand any of this, but I think I'm supposed to punch you...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At least this is better than your short stories.

Almost anything would be...

Although, maybe I can role-play some of them.

Can you condense your OP into one sentence for us 'hard to give a s**t' plebs please, Uncle Sook?

Easy.
I hope you enjoy the new sub-board.

And this sub-forum shall be named the Sweet FA Landfill.

And this sub-forum shall be named the Sweet FA Landfill.

I'm going to hold you to that...
It will cement you as the greatest Admin of all time if you do.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back