Portoholic

Debutant
Apr 20, 2002
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
Poor Kerley DEMENTURE is setting in

Kerley wrote in the sunday Cowvertiser.

"Wanganeen's incident looked to me to be much more physical than McLeod's"

"Franchina certainly seemed pretty groggy after the bump. I'm sure confused. What about you?"

"Similarily, on Thursday, Essendon's Damien Peverill had his arm broken when Collingwood's Steve McKee kicked when he was in the act of picking up the ball. Again no report"

What the * KERLEY since when is kicking in danger reportable.

Time for the nursing home Kerl's :D :D :D

aww leave the old tossbag alone....hes probably still crying from last night.
That article shows he knows Sweet FA about Football.
Off to the home Neil

Re: Re: Re: Poor Kerley DEMENTURE is setting in

Originally posted by sapaul

That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever read on here.

The fact he is so friggin biased towards your mob and the fact Port can never do anything right and any win we have is luck or fluke or the opposition played bad shows he is a complete fuknut.
I stand by that comment.

Originally posted by Portoholic
Poor Kerley DEMENTURE is setting in

Kerley wrote in the sunday Cowvertiser.

"Wanganeen's incident looked to me to be much more physical than McLeod's"

"Franchina certainly seemed pretty groggy after the bump. I'm sure confused. What about you?"

"Similarily, on Thursday, Essendon's Damien Peverill had his arm broken when Collingwood's Steve McKee kicked when he was in the act of picking up the ball. Again no report"

What the * KERLEY since when is kicking in danger reportable.

Time for the nursing home Kerl's :D :D :D

I thought he only had weekend releases.......he lost plot many years ago now but I'm glad he didn't fulfill the threat he made at our original launch at the entertainment centre to jump on our bandwagon.........

As much as he was a legend of SA footy......his contribution to it in recent years has been destroying his reputation......

Kerley is definitely on a downhill spiral.
He is certainly sprouting more and more rubish as the weeks go by. His articles would be more appropriate in with the comics.

After reading some of the articles on the pap site it's no wonder your crowd are labelled as ferals,
Neil Kerley would have more knowledge about aussie rules in his little toe nail than the rest of you all put together.

Sadly Kerley is increasingly losing his marbles, in fact, I don't know if it's even him that's writing this garbage. I can't believe that one of the real men of SA footy is whinging about a classic piece of physical football. And with his football experience, I don't know how he can say the incidents were comparable, and finally, he is obviously hopelessly out of touch with the rules, which is the least indictable offence, since they have changed a bit since he was coaching.

He really is quite pathetic.
Some of us are old enough to remember the Nygard incident and remember him as little more than a thug - now a hypocrite and yabbie thief.
I do not know anyone, apart from KG, who pays him any respect anymore.
We should write to the Sunday Mail to complain but his stupid comments are amusing if read in the contex of a senile old man who thinks people still listen to him.
He won't be upsetting me this weekend !

Re: Re: Re: Re: Poor Kerley DEMENTURE is setting in

Originally posted by Macca19

The fact he is so friggin biased towards your mob and the fact Port can never do anything right and any win we have is luck or fluke or the opposition played bad shows he is a complete fuknut.
I stand by that comment.

That comment was made by somebody who has such an inferiority complex, you obviously do not listen to or read him enough or you would not have said that.

GD, Macca has obviously not heard or read Kerley enough or he would not have made the comment "Port Adelaide can never do anything right".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

he's past it

Kerley is exactly the same as every other person in this state who is not a Port supporter, ie: he HATES us. Sure every now and then he gives some of our players credit, he has to because he's in the media, but just like KG, Cornesy, Aiston and the rest of the crow duds in the SA media , they HATE port with a passion, always have and always will, and to us Port people it will always be so obvious :)

Look at his article in the paper about the McLeod and Wanganeen incidents. Anybody who even compares the two is either an idiot, or just straight up hardocre biased, Kerley is the latter. Wanganeen laid a ripper of a hip and shoulder on a player who was going for the ball, but the ball was BETWEEN wangas and franchina, and wangas only decided to take franchina out at the last second. He saw that the ball was in dispute and decided, rightly, that he would have a better chance of winning it by laying a perfectly fair bump on the other guy.

McLeod didn't look at the ball once. His intent was to smash Lloyd. At the last second he eased off a bit, cos he's a fair player and it's just not in him to maliciously or unfairly hurt a player. Kerley is right in saying McLeod shouldn't be suspended, but there was definitely a difference between the two incidents, and under the pretty shady charging rules, McLeod was always gonna go for that, especially seeing as it was against a victorian from a victorian club. If it was against..say..Troy Wilson or Tredrea, it never would have got to the tribunal. It's plain old fact that Lloyd gets free kicks if you so much as touch him, so god help anyone who charges or hits him. Which isn't to say it's his fault...he's a good player and he can't help what the umpires do.

But ya, Kerley needs to go to the retirement home now, it's getting silly :/

Re: he's past it

Originally posted by big ds

Look at his article in the paper about the McLeod and Wanganeen incidents. Anybody who even compares the two is either an idiot, or just straight up hardocre biased

You just called a former Port player Nathan Buckley an idiot?

no

Buckley is a current player and he has to sit on the fence over issues like that. What do you expect him to say? We all KNOW that he thinks it's a joke that neither incident is even worth a second look but he has to be diplomatic nad basically go with the flow.

Buckley probably is an idiot, but for reasons other than what he said on talking footy about charging. Leaving Brisbane for Collingwood is one reason, there may be others. He would have had a premiership medallion hanging around his neck by now if he had a bit of loyalty. He'll never have one now though, unless he comes back to Port, which is the only club he would ever play for other than Collingwood, and even then only if Collingwood got rid of him..which is about as likely as Essendon getting rid of Hird :)

He should have came back to Port in 97. It's funny how of all the champion players Port recruiting targeted, Grant, Hird, Buckley, Wanganeen, McLeod, Waterhouse etc, only Wanganeen came, and yet they've still built a team which is going to win a premiership or 2 in the near future.

Re: no

Buckley is a current player and he has to sit on the fence over issues like that. What do you expect him to say? We all KNOW that he thinks it's a joke that neither incident is even worth a second look but he has to be diplomatic nad basically go with the flow.

He should have came back to Port in 97. It's funny how of all the champion players Port recruiting targeted, Grant, Hird, Buckley, Wanganeen, McLeod, Waterhouse etc, only Wanganeen came, and yet they've still built a team which is going to win a premiership or 2 in the near future.

You KNOW Buckley thinks that do you?He never sat on the fence for a start, he clearly said that he was surprised McLeod was reported and Wanganeen not.

A premiership in the near future? You might want to try and win a final first, McLeod has won 2 flags since Port entered, Hird has won 1 so I don't think they have any regrets.

Like i said, Buckley has to be diplomatic. He can't openly criticise the tribunal or umpires, so what do you expect him to say? He said exactly what he had to.

You really think Hird is happy? Watch any interview with him, he's extremely bitter and frustrated that Essendon only has 1 flag to show for 3 years of dominance. Anyway, i didn't say Port would have won flags by now if those players had come over, i was just saying how well Port have done to be so competitive, so quickly seeing as we got **** concessions compared to other non-vic clubs that came into the comp (like the cows), and that we weren't able to entice any good players to come play for us except Wanganeen. We basically built a team from Port Adelaide Magpies plus a bunch of scrawny kids from all over the country plus 1 star player.

We'll win plenty of finals over the course of this season and the next few. So we lost last year to Brisbane in Brisbane (everyone does), and by less than a goal to Hawthorn, big deal. It still gave our young players good experience and they now know what it feels like to work hard for an entire season only to have it all go down the drain from losing 2 finals in a row. It will make them all the more desperate to win finals this year.

You really think Hird is happy? Watch any interview with him, he's extremely bitter and frustrated that Essendon only has 1 flag to show for 3 years of dominance. Anyway, i didn't say Port would have won flags by now if those players had come over, i was just saying how well Port have done to be so competitive, so quickly seeing as we got **** concessions compared to other non-vic clubs that came into the comp (like the cows), and that we weren't able to entice any good players to come play for us except Wanganeen. We basically built a team from Port Adelaide Magpies plus a bunch of scrawny kids from all over the country plus 1 star player.

Typical Port supporter there, just exactly what concessions did the Crows get that Port didn't? Port were able to get any AFL players from other clubs unlike the Crows, players such as Cummings, Rombotis, Downsborough, Naish and Paxman. The Crows could not have access to any players like that unless they were over 30.

Typical Port supporter there, just exactly what concessions did the Crows get that Port didn't? Port were able to get any AFL players from other clubs unlike the Crows, players such as Cummings, Rombotis, Downsborough, Naish and Paxman. The Crows could not have access to any players like that unless they were over 30.

Cummings was traded for, Rombotis was drafted in the 96 draft, Clownsborough was a uncontracted player yes, Naish was traded for later (Rombotis actually), and Paxman was taken in the 97 preseason draft.

One out of 5, not bad ;)

Originally posted by Grave Danger
Neil Kerley has a well earned reputation in SA and interstate footy, but he's just hopelessly one-eyed towards the Crows - like most of the SA media.

ha ha - you are kidding

The SA media are bandwagoners

They jump on whoever is winning

They would prefer the Crows because they have more followers and therefore would get more readers / viewers

Lethal Lee McKlusky being a prime example

But its not always a crow thing - its a front runners thing.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Poor Kerley DEMENTURE is setting in

That comment was made by somebody who has such an inferiority complex, you obviously do not listen to or read him enough or you would not have said that.

He has exagerated

but Kerley is biased

Any you havn't read much of his stuff if you think he isn't.

We only traded for 1 of the 5 you mentioned in the first year.

The crows were allowed to take any uncontracted ex-SA player, we were allowed to take any uncontracted player.

The crows had draft assistance for SA players for more than one year.

The crows had and extended player list for more than one year.

Overall the crows had far more assistance over a few years.

McGuinnes, Hughes, Mickan etc etc obviously weren't a patch on Clownsbourough and Naish it seems (even though Naish wasn't brought over until after our first season, but you can add Brent Heaver in instead).

The other uncontracted players we took were Wanganeen (who the crows could have taken under their own rules), Primus and I don't remember the 4th, maybe Shayne Breuer (who the crows could also have gotten under the rules they had in place).

Not withstanding that the SANFL was a much stronger league in 1990 than it was in 1996.

There is a reason why Port attempted to build a side banking on youth rather than attempting to win the flag in its first year.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Poor Kerley DEMENTURE is setting in

Originally posted by Jars458

Any you havn't read much of his stuff if you think he isn't.

But he is a Crows supporter, why shouldn't he be? Michelangelo Rucci is hardly over whelming in his support of Adelaide.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back