Poor service- retail

Remove this Banner Ad

A bottle shop.

My mistake being a non smoker was to not say 'PJ Gold'....oopppps....so I got the tone 'what sort mate?'

I must not buy smokes being a non smoker in the future, or know my products.

Anyway alcohol can be bought anywhere so why the need to be a sarcastic...and I think I am increasingly finding that type of reponse at the retail level.

Is this a joke? Oh sorry I asked a question hope you're not offended with my "tone". Soft effort to be offended by that.;)

Really that is good service, he is clarifying your request.

On topic, I would have to say waiting forever for someone to take your order at KFC.

Any fast food store - dumb bitches getting your order wrong. It's on a god damn screen right in front of their eyes. How is it even possible to get it wrong?

Is this a joke? Oh sorry I asked a question hope you're not offended with my "tone". Soft effort to be offended by that.;)

Really that is good service, he is clarifying your request.

On topic, I would have to say waiting forever for someone to take your order at KFC.

I'll give you soft mate.

fallingdown2.jpg

Because they're probably Asian/Indian who speak English as a second language.
That's not the case down here. I don't see any foreign people working at the Maccas/KFC/whatever that I go to. Certainly not ones who would be speaking English as a 2nd language.

15/16 year old girls are the biggest culprits.

That's not the case down here. I don't see any foreign people working at the Maccas/KFC/whatever that I go to. Certainly not ones who would be speaking English as a 2nd language.

15/16 year old girls are the biggest culprits.

Fair enough, they probably don't give a flying two hoots about their job because they're not happy doing it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's not the case down here. I don't see any foreign people working at the Maccas/KFC/whatever that I go to.

That's why fast food tastes so much better in Ballarat/Geelong than it does in inner Melbourne (though this is quickly changing). Inb4 racist.

So I had a sarcastic shop assistant this afternoon.

Had me pondering for a split second as to whether say something or never visit this store again or both.

I decided to never venture in there again.

Poor retail customer service. Stories?

Problem with the structure of Australian budget/high-volume retail. There is no incentive to provide half-decent service.

By not returning to the shop, you're only hurting the owner, the nuffie getting paid $20ph to do s**t all is free-rolling.

Myer. None of their tills are ever open. Always have some little sign saying something about going to another counter. So annoying. I know. First world problems.....

Myer. None of their tills are ever open. Always have some little sign saying something about going to another counter. So annoying. I know. First world problems.....

Order online and you get the product develivered before someone will serve you at a counter in Myer. As an in and out as quickly as possible shopper it tilts it even further in favour of online shopping.

I don't really see what is wrong with asking what sort of smokes you wanted. There's lots of them.

Agreed, but there's a service way and a non service way;

"What sort?" with sarcasm.

"Sure mate, what brand would you like?"

Another I observed the other day at a Sub Post Office. Customers online order had not arrived and she was querying had it arrived.

PO sub "Did you register mail it?"

Customer "No I didnt"

PO sub "Well that will teach ya," without a hint of smile or humour.

Customer- speechless, stunned look.

Poor form.

So basically you think everyone should bow down and treat you like a king because you, as a customer, have no ******* idea what they are doing or what you want?

If you want good customer service, sometimes you need to give them something to work with. I can't possibly imagine how anyone can say 2 simple words "what sort" with such a sarcasm that you are still worked up about it.

Agreed, but there's a service way and a non service way;

"What sort?" with sarcasm.

"Sure mate, what brand would you like?"

Another I observed the other day at a Sub Post Office. Customers online order had not arrived and she was querying had it arrived.

PO sub "Did you register mail it?"

Customer "No I didnt"

PO sub "Well that will teach ya," without a hint of smile or humour.

Customer- speechless, stunned look.

Poor form.

I work for Aus Post and have always found Post Shop (as opposed to a LPO) staff to be quite arrogant. Don't understand where they get this inflated sense of self worth from, but it gives me the shits!

Slightly different but Virgin Mobile.

Worst company I've ever had to deal with.

Complete opposite myself. Have been with them for about 5yrs and have had nothing but good service. Even when I have to call them, usually get straight through and are always polite.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back